Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2014, 02:34 PM

339 posts, read 379,741 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stava View Post
He texted me today, saying hi, asking how I was and making chit chat...but no concrete plans for the date.

Wish he'd just do it already, lol.
Is there something preventing you from "just doing it?" Geeze Louise what is this, Victorian England? Must you wait to be wooed?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2014, 02:38 PM

8,314 posts, read 13,444,568 times
Quote:
Why shouldn't I wait for him to make the move? He's the man.
Apparently he is NOT being the man you have in mind. Ask him if he is doing anything on a "specific day" and whether he would be interested seeing a movie or dinner or whatever.

You interrogate him a little and see how he responds. If he is really that shy then you already stated the you were not interested in a guy with that kind of a disposition and looks will eventually lose their novelty, so move on, at least mentally.

I have a feeling datxcali mentioned. Even shy guys like to continue fishing while there is already a cooked fish on their plate. So, there is a good chance either the chemistry was one-way or he has other flowers he is as/more interested in and buying his time AKA you are his fallback.

You call him up and try to get him to commit so you can tell what is really up.
This is 2014, drop the "He is the man" BS and take action instead of wondering...

Old 02-10-2014, 02:39 PM

7,400 posts, read 6,368,374 times
Um... what's wrong with just making plans yourself, OP?

I don't get waiting for the guy to make the move. Typically, I'm the one to approach a guy for his number, and I'm the one to make the first call and initiate plans for a date. I simply do not understand waiting around for the guy to do it. If I genuinely like someone and want to move forward I see no issue with putting in some energy and effort.

Old 02-10-2014, 03:02 PM

53 posts, read 51,064 times
This reminds me of a guy I dated for about 3 weeks.
He made the initial contact, took me for dinners and we even went away on a weekend.

I was young and shy, but I liked him a lot. I didn't dare to make a move and apparantly neither did he.
I was so disappointed that he never even tried to kiss me...

The truth is, If I wanted a kiss then I could've gotten one. And more than that too... If I had made a move, he probably wouldn't have refused me.
Instead we gradually stopped seeing each other.
I later found out that he wasn't all that smart and nice anyway, so I'm not losing any sleep over it.

My advice: Make a move! Maybe he just needs a little re-assurance from you. And if you get nothing back then you're free to meet a better guy!

Old 02-21-2014, 10:11 PM

1,823 posts, read 2,845,354 times
So, I made the move - or shall I say, I gave him a little nudge in the right direction. He bit, and finally scheduled the date.

It went well, we had a good time. Seeing each other again next weekend.

Old 02-21-2014, 10:19 PM

102,215 posts, read 107,859,557 times
Quote:
So, I made the move - or shall I say, I gave him a little nudge in the right direction. He bit, and finally scheduled the date.

It went well, we had a good time. Seeing each other again next weekend.
You'd be surprised the extent to which women make the first move, or the first nudge. It's actually quite common. Shy guys, especially, need to be nudged. Sometimes--hit over the head. But they're always grateful.

Old 02-21-2014, 10:23 PM

52,249 posts, read 52,655,546 times
Still water run deep, baby!

Old 02-21-2014, 10:33 PM

1,823 posts, read 2,845,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
You'd be surprised the extent to which women make the first move, or the first nudge. It's actually quite common. Shy guys, especially, need to be nudged. Sometimes--hit over the head. But they're always grateful.
Yeah I think a hit over the head would have been even more effective . But success nonetheless!

Old 02-22-2014, 12:14 AM

18 posts, read 48,875 times
I can say from experience that a guy can really be that shy. But I have to say, I can relate with him because I'm 31 and I have almost no experience with women, due to my looks and anxiety, no confidence. But if a woman ever did like me I'd make sure to call her back, as that would make me feel really confident, so that's strange. Maybe he has other issues going on, business, family, etc.

Old 02-23-2014, 06:01 PM

543 posts, read 534,102 times
Quote:
Why shouldn't I wait for him to make the move? He's the man.
If I could negative rep this I would. Times ten to the 23rd power .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships