Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2007, 06:44 PM

283 posts, read 524,112 times

Advertisements

Does anyone else have this issue or do I have self esteem issues?

I'm sitting here, after work, still in my work clothes. My fiancee' just starts staring at me, telling me how beautiful I am. Of course, I start looking around, wondering who he's talking to. Then it dawns on me, he's talking to me. Now keep in mind, i'm just in from work, still have my scrubs on, been at work for the last 10 hours, makeup pretty much all gone, hair in a pony tail drooping down my back and probably not smelling to great either. And here's this wonderful man telling me how beautiful I am. He then proceeds to start going through the V.S. x-mas catalog picking out things that he thinks would look good on me. I'm almost laughing hysterically as he's flipping through the pages looking at these 6' tall women, with legs that go from the ground right up to the clouds, weigh about 95lbs. soaking wet and he's picking out outfits for me. ROFL, me, 5'6", average weight, average girl next door looks thinking i'm gonna look like that in one of those things that has less coverage than a bandaid.

Ok, so here's my question ladies, guys too if you feel like voicing your opinion too. Should I not worry about trying to look like Stephanie Seymour on a bad day, or just bask in the thinking that my man thinks i'm gorgeous no matter what?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2007, 06:52 PM

1,649 posts, read 5,001,407 times
Just bask, Kalo!!

Hey...who can really wear those bras?!?! I finally came to the conclusion that they are designed by structural engineers. When I put one on, I can carry a tray with 5 beers and six shots across the room balanced on my chest while blowing the tune "She'll Be Comin' Round the Mountain" on my cleavage! We all have our talents.

Men can be so obtuse at times, but so what. Let him believe. Besides, maybe you would look like a million $$ in one!!

Old 10-22-2007, 07:03 PM

3,413 posts, read 8,835,536 times
It sounds like he really loves you............we can often be our own worst critics. He sounds like a good man who fell in love with a great woman! And he'll probably find you more beautiful than those skinny bee-otches in that VS catalog because you're real and you're YOU!!

Remember, YOU ARE WORTHY!

Old 10-22-2007, 07:16 PM

786 posts, read 1,175,905 times
Enjoy it while it lasts.

Old 10-22-2007, 07:20 PM

15,205 posts, read 12,067,837 times
Enjoy..........Bask...Bask...Bask...Bask...Bask...

Old 10-22-2007, 07:21 PM

9,598 posts, read 16,561,694 times
If he loves you now, chances are he will still love you when your boobs sag to the floor and you look like you need a bloody good ironing. There is a lot more to love for men than having some hot perfect 10. If this weren't the case, most women would be single

Old 10-22-2007, 07:25 PM

2,218 posts, read 5,394,047 times
I'd say enjoy it. I tell only one gal things like that. And that's because it's true.

And I bet your dude thinks the same thing about you.

Old 10-22-2007, 07:47 PM
miu

17,766 posts, read 40,156,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalogirl View Post
Ok, so here's my question ladies, guys too if you feel like voicing your opinion too. Should I not worry about trying to look like Stephanie Seymour on a bad day, or just bask in the thinking that my man thinks i'm gorgeous no matter what?
Just bask in the glow of his love.

My man is like your man, and I have no worries about him secretly wishing he could date a super model. My boyfriend is madly in love with the whole person I am and no other woman can ever steal him away from me.

Old 10-22-2007, 08:35 PM

14,229 posts, read 30,022,670 times
I think you're very fortunate. Enjoy it!

Old 10-22-2007, 08:48 PM

9 posts, read 82,684 times
"Ok, so here's my question ladies, guys too if you feel like voicing your opinion too. Should I not worry about trying to look like Stephanie Seymour on a bad day, or just bask in the thinking that my man thinks i'm gorgeous no matter what?"Quote

If you are getting comments like that from your guy and you have to ask the world for advice on this your heading for trouble--like some of the others have written bask, bask and enjoy!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships