Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2011, 08:22 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,150,679 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdubs3201 View Post
she finally calls ME up on valentine's day and says she's free tonight. So I ask her to a movie and dinner afterwards. She went with me to the movie, then got a phone call as we were walking out of the theater. She then thanked me for taking her out but it was getting late and she had to go home.

Probably not as horrible as some other, but that was the first time I ever realized I had totally been used by a girl who was 'bored' one night.
She wasn't bored. Evidently, she either had plans that fell through or were never made with a jerk, and the jerk called when you were getting out of the theater. Too bad you went only to a movie. He probably was expecting her to be already fed on somebody else's tab. Naturally, everything's booked on VD, so I bet he still didn't have to bother with that and went straight to business!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2011, 09:48 PM

393 posts, read 891,470 times
Way back in college, I was told by a female coworker I had been flirting with that I should come over to her apartment to have sex. Naturally, being a horny college student, I went. She began to give me a handjob but then made me answer a trivia question about the university, and rules at work. Every correct question answered was one up and down motion. Once I got three strikes she stopped. Few days later she asks me if I want to try again... no way!

Another time, more recently, I was on a third date, and I was meeting a woman at an Ethiopian restaurant. This had been planned for about a week with no qualms from her. I waited for her for about half an hour outside the restaurant before she showed up. Then, she tells me, "You know, I hate spicy food." and I said "That's OK, a lot of the stuff here isn't spicy." And she says, "I don't really like Ethiopian food." And I asked her, "Didn't you say last week that you had never tried it?" And she said, "True, I've never tried it. But I'm not going to like it." At this point I was fairly annoyed, but being a gentleman, I asked her where she would rather go. And then the words escaped from her lips: "I WANT TO GO TO OLIVE GARDEN." I about broke up with her on the spot. OLIVE GARDEN. In New York City, with every single global cuisine available to her, and with THOUSANDS of good Italian restaurants, she wants to go to THE WORST CHAIN BEHEMOTH EVER TO CALL ITSELF ITALIAN. And I tell her, "You know, I have been to this excellent Italian restaurant in Manhattan called Felidia, maybe we could see if they have any tables open? They are really one of the best Italian restaurants." And the b-tch says, "No, Olive Garden is probably the best Italian Restaurant ever." So we went. To f--king Olive Garden. I wanted to kill myself. (Being the son of an Italian immigrant, Olive Garden has always made me angry for claiming to be authentic. The food sucks no matter how authentic it isn't, though.)

Old 09-14-2011, 09:25 AM

2,743 posts, read 4,826,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
OK here's another worst date story:
First date with this guy, he is late picking me up and does NOT apologize. Then we go for pizza and he gets a bite of something he doesn't like and opens his mouth up and starts spitting out gross chewed food onto his plate not even trying to spit in a napkin or be discreet. Then he leaves the gross pile on his plate for me to see, doesn't cover it up. Talk about gross. Then he made stupid jokes that weren't funny and laughed at them himself. Then he kept repeating the same jokes, saying "If someone doesn't laugh at my jokes I keep repeating them until they do" which he did.

Well he called to ask me out again and I said NO, and he said, "Well then if you won't go out with me, let me talk to your roommate, the blonde, she's cute, hand her the phone."
I hope you thanked him for ending the evening with a joke you could really laugh at, (and then slam the phone down)!

Old 09-14-2011, 09:26 AM

2,743 posts, read 4,826,275 times
Quote:
LOL...I dated a vegan for awhile who always made the point of asking when we were at a restaurant or dinner, in a loud voice, "And what are you going to eat? Charred flesh?"
I've answered:
"Charred Flesh???? Ewwwwww! Heck no! that wouldn't be right. I prefer medium cooked muscle tissue, you know - still red and juicy?"

Old 09-14-2011, 10:26 AM

31,025 posts, read 22,064,322 times
Ive had a few crazy dates and some that were memorable.

Earlier this year I met up with a gal who wanted me to hang with her and her Ex at a bar for the start of the evening. We had gone out several times before and it was all plutonic so I said why not! He was really good looking (Almost too good looking), but appeared to be a nice guy. I was wondering what was wrong with her a couple of hours into it? There were a few uncomfortable moments but I learned enough to keep it plutonic after that!

Old 09-14-2011, 12:01 PM

2,618 posts, read 6,162,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
She wasn't bored. Evidently, she either had plans that fell through or were never made with a jerk, and the jerk called when you were getting out of the theater. Too bad you went only to a movie. He probably was expecting her to be already fed on somebody else's tab. Naturally, everything's booked on VD, so I bet he still didn't have to bother with that and went straight to business!
Yeah, I get it, thanks.....lol

Old 09-14-2011, 03:51 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,552,612 times
Quote:
let's hear your "worst date" stories. These always have me rolling on the floor laughing.

Here's one: after a few weeks of mutual flirting, and acquaintance asked me over to their place on a Saturday afternoon to watch movies. Sounds good. Then this person calls back later and says "Bring something to cook while I watch the football game hahaha" I couldn't tell if they were serious, but just in case, I did. This person spent 3 hours watching football while I cooked us a meal in the kitchen. BIZARRE. I am not a sports fan, nor do I like to cook. Then when we sat down to eat the MEAL THAT I PREPARED this person spent the next 75 minutes talking about how great their ex was. We never did watch any movies. Nor did we go out again.

Red flag: when they talk about how great their ex is, probably not a good one to date...
Another jack wagon.

Old 09-14-2011, 08:28 PM

1,241 posts, read 1,895,126 times
Met this "professional guy" in an MBA program randomly celebrating the Lakers winning the NBA championship. He asked me out. I said okay. I made a point when we spoke to tell him let's go out for a night on the town (aka - look really nice/dinner & dancing). So I meet him at his place. Mind you I had my hair done earlier that day for the date(had it colored), I'm wearing a somewhat shapely spaghetti strapped dress with a new pair of open toe heels with toe ring. I'm looking good.

So I get to his place and he's dressed in some professor jacket with jeans......I was hardly impressed but whatever (minor thing). As I say hello and step out of my car he starts making excuses about not having his suv/truck cleaned and he had all type of "stuff" in it. I'm like..........that's okay, we can move your stuff and I'll be fine in the passenger side seat. He then asked me if I would be willing to drive. (Now I wanted to change our venue to around the corner now that I have to drive instead of this place that had everything from clubs to restaurants to lounges to gameworks etc. What's even better, the place was 45 minutes away.)

So I drove. Honestly - I was kind of pissed- but I was even more pissed off when this "non driving" dude wants to point out every open lane and instruct me how to drive. (I'm no dumb chick. I drive better than most men and have beat a couple racing cars....but I digress). 45 minutes of "that's open", "your good here", etc.
So we get to the place. We stop to eat at a restaurant. Strike #4 -asking the price of a domestic beer when we sit down to drink(can we have some class?). Strike #5 (and I quote) "Since you drove I will pay for dinner." After dinner he was ready to hang out and go dancing. I had enough of Mr.Magoo and his antics so I said "I was tired" and drove us back to his place and dropped him off. "Call me when you get home". I was like "Okay"

So I debated who I was going to see that night. One of my friends had a gathering earlier that night. I had another friend like like to go out too. So I just so happen to hear from my #1 choice who asked me to come out to the spot. (As I parked my car, I turned off the engine and called my earlier date to let him know I had made it home.)
I liked my #1 but I wasn't stupid enough to forget that the party was on its last leg so I guess he "pursued" whoever/whatever and now wanted to call me when things had died down. I was ready for my show stopping moment. Besides - I had already had my date earlier that night. ***I was not in a relationship at the time)

So here I am showing up glammed up and looking fabulous ....and yes his friends were being "extra friendly". I had to play it cool because one of his guy friends girlfriend busted me out and asked me point blank where I had been. My reply- I had dinner earlier that night.....the truth. Anyhow

I spent the remainder of the night with my friend and we went to a semi-exclusive/nice spot and he enjoyed all the attention I was getting and was so happy that I was with him.

Sorry. I didn't tell a bad date. I told a bad date recovery story. Anyhow. Hope you enjoyed.

Old 09-20-2011, 10:57 AM

109 posts, read 126,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sun queen View Post
worst date: a guy invited me to my favorite restaurant once- we ordered our food, ate and when the bill came he excused himself as if he were going to the bathroom got half way there he fell out and faked a seizure to get out of paying the bill. I was so embarrassed and I didn't have any money. It was a good thing he was so good at his hustle... No I never saw that guy again on purpose.
ROFL!!!! I had an experience like this in college... My two girl friends and I went to a bar. One of my girls (J) had a new bf, who was meeting us there. It was like "meet the friends." He brought a couple of his friends, too. They were extremely funny. One of them hit on me and I flirted back. He looked like he was in high school, but I was attracted to him.

When it was time to pay the bill, J's bf "suddenly" passed out from the all the beer. He wouldn't "wake up," no matter what we did. J, angry and embarrassed, just paid for her bf's and the boys' share--all of them! She told my flirting partner to bring her bf home so her brother, who was picking us up, would not see them.

The bf acted like he was going to throw up, so his friends brought him to the bathroom. He seemed to have concocted a new plan to "freeload" when he apparently heard (while passed out) that J's brother was picking us up. His friends came back to us, acting worried (and looking like they've been told what to say) and said they couldn't drag him home. They didn't have any way of going home. I stared speechless in shock at what they were trying to imply. My other girlfriend was just looking at the ceiling and listening mindless to the music Then J firmly and acidly told them to take a cab. The two guys scrambled to the bathroom. All three came out, and the bf was his charming self again as he apologized for passing out and said goodbye. When they left, we all laughed at what just happened.

Little did we know that a group of guys from the next table had been observing us. One of them finally came up to us and introduced himself. We shared a table with them and they treated us really well. They even offered to take us home, but we said we already had a ride. We went out with them on many more dates and had lots of "moments." We still keep in touch in FB. Funny how the worst situations turn magical sometimes

Last edited by stargazermunsta; 09-20-2011 at 11:09 AM..

Old 09-20-2011, 04:40 PM

2,309 posts, read 3,849,503 times
not necessarily a bad date more odd that anything else. met a girl online, went for pizza, then to a sports bar for a drink or two. was about 11 pm when we left the bar, i said i was tired and went in for the kiss goodnight when she decided it was time to throw a temper tantrum because as she put it i was going to go home, call one of my other girlfriends to come over and have sex. this girl more or less acted like a 5 year old until i said fine, took her home with me and well i'll allow the reader to figure out the rest. never had a seemingly mature, educated young lady flip out on me b/c i was too tired to take her home and have sex with her. bizarre.

another one was my senior year of college. female friend of mine who was engaged asked me to come out with her and some of her girlfriends to a club. i said sure as i had no other plans. engaged girl proceeds to buy me drink after drink until i'm definitely not caring about much else, on the way home in the back seat of her friends car she goes down me with engagement ring on finger mind you then proceeds to drag me to her dorm room and well finish off the job. mutual friends told me later that she had a crush on me and had wanted to do get me in bed for time now both before and after she was engaged to this other guy.

best one though was soph. year of college. was dating a girl who was a junior in high school. we had met at a club previously. went out a few times prior but one date stood out as when i was dropping her off or was going into i saw her brother standing in the drive way with a baseball bat ready to take a few swings. we um kept on driving down to her grandmothers home and dropped her off there haha. never went out with her again needless to say.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships