Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2014, 06:19 PM

620 posts, read 1,198,381 times

Advertisements

Shouldn't an alpha male be a male that stays out of jail and does not involve himself with the law? One who has been taught manners and is attempting to evolve as a human being? I don't understand the bad boy appeal it seems like bad boys are what we all were when we were 16 years old. Most bad boys I see act like they are In high school and almost exclusively from a lower social caste. They thinks listening to rap music and being dumb is alpha and strangely enough women seem to believe it. When I was 16 I used to cuss at everyone and blast rap music out of my car without a license. I would drink and drive smoke weed and drive. Hit and runs. Girls seemed thought it was cool. Then I went to jail and when I got out girls went from thinking I was cool to being all over me. But this is not alpha. This is child like and immature. What gives?

Old 02-15-2014, 06:24 PM
MJ7

6,221 posts, read 10,732,248 times
Adult alphas aren't dumb, you already answered yourself. I rarely ever think about alpha, beta, omega unless I'm watching national geographic wolf packs. Alpha adults are the ones that don't take **** from anyone, including higher ups, they are natural born leaders, doers, and are physically domineering compared to the average joe. An alpha adult male would be someone you would not want to get into a physical altercation with, but they can be very nice and cunning not to start things. They are assertive, outgoing, extroverted and do no follow others. You can still be a bad boy alpha as an adult, but you have to be smart and use common sense. You can't just go around being a jackass, you have to stand up for yourself and your views (and others) and back it up with either physical or mental assertion. I know many people would say if you think you're an alpha you're not, and I would have to generally agree. Alphas don't think or act if they are alphas, they just are and everyone around them knows it.

Old 02-15-2014, 06:38 PM

2,758 posts, read 4,958,018 times
The one thing to recognize is the difference between true alphas, and the false alpha douchebag personna that so many adopt.

Most Alphas aren't really Alphas. They just pound their chest and show false bravodo. IMO, most guys that claim to be Alphas are closer to hustlers or con men.

IME, whenever a guy claims to be alpha, he isn't really alpha.
And now all the self proclaimed Alphas will crawl out of the woodwork and tell me that "I must be mad cause I'm a beta and Alphas always get the women instead of me..... bla bla bla"

Old 02-15-2014, 06:43 PM

102,195 posts, read 107,842,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BayAreaDave View Post
Shouldn't an alpha male be a male that stays out of jail and does not involve himself with the law? One who has been taught manners and is attempting to evolve as a human being? I don't understand the bad boy appeal it seems like bad boys are what we all were when we were 16 years old. Most bad boys I see act like they are In high school and almost exclusively from a lower social caste. They thinks listening to rap music and being dumb is alpha and strangely enough women seem to believe it. When I was 16 I used to cuss at everyone and blast rap music out of my car without a license. I would drink and drive smoke weed and drive. Hit and runs. Girls seemed thought it was cool. Then I went to jail and when I got out girls went from thinking I was cool to being all over me. But this is not alpha. This is child like and immature. What gives?
I think the people here who post about "alphas" are confused, and just like to throw around terms they don't really understand in order to try to sound erudite. It's best to ignore this phenomenon.

Old 02-15-2014, 06:43 PM

4,187 posts, read 5,158,494 times
Can we stop with the whole Alpha, Beta, Omega thing already? Humans aren't wolves, gorillas or chimpanzees. Yes, we are primates, but we are incredibly complicated socio-cultural beings as well as just slabs of meat. Reducing complex and individuated personalities to shallow archetypes like "Alpha" is not science. It's pseudo-science. Even more sophisticated personality "tests" like the Myers-Brigg fall woefully short of any real descriptive value.

Old 02-15-2014, 06:46 PM

102,195 posts, read 107,842,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inebriated Duck View Post
Can we stop with the whole Alpha, Beta, Omega thing already? Humans aren't wolves, gorillas or chimpanzees. Yes, we are primates, but we are incredibly complicated socio-cultural beings as well as just slabs of meat. Reducing complex and individuated personalities to shallow archetypes like "Alpha" is not science. It's pseudo-science. Even more sophisticated personality "types" like the INFP fall woefully short of any real descriptive value.
This should be a "sticky" on this forum.

Old 02-15-2014, 06:46 PM

260 posts, read 605,395 times
The "women like bad boys" mantra is a case of correlation without cause. Women like good-looking men and good-looking men are more likely to develop a bad boy persona as a result of women liking them.

Think about it. If you had droves of women who lusting after you, would you be a nice guy? No, you would probably be an arrogant, confident partier.

Did anyone here watch the movie Rush?

Mod cut: Copyrighted images removed.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 02-15-2014 at 08:59 PM..

Old 02-15-2014, 06:53 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,848,332 times
Alpha can also be people with leadership qualities, the kind that respond or react to an emergency, the kind that see skills in their team and utilizing them.

Old 02-15-2014, 07:14 PM

620 posts, read 1,198,381 times
So then wouldn't the lone wolf Be the most alpha because he would rather do it alone than follow?

Old 02-15-2014, 07:18 PM

260 posts, read 605,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Raena's right, it's the leadership qualities (and sometimes the access to power that those convey) that attract positive attention and define the alpha.
So, a skinny, pimpled nerd who is the leader of the 2014 Objective-C Programming Convention of 20,000 members is going to have women lusting after him? Moreso than the handsome, 6'2" fraternity president of 80 members?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships