Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2017, 12:07 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,866,850 times

Advertisements

I have zero interest in my wife's cell phone, I respect that she wants some resemblance of privacy even though she is not hiding anything, she does not even have passwords on it.

I also do not care if she sees my cell phone, so much so when she informs me I have an SMS, I ask her to read it to me because I have just that much zero care.

She is way more engaged in social media than I am also, I have zero social media with this forum being the extent of it. She likes messing around with gadgets like cell phones, I do not even like messing with it at all, so she is changing background pics and stuff.

He sounds insecure though, and kind of a controlling person.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2017, 01:37 PM

11,819 posts, read 12,070,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by treasurekidd View Post
I'm going to take the opposite view here. It seems like the vast majority of you here seem to want to keep your phones private, locking it with a password and how dare your S/O feel the need to look at your phone or ask you about something on it. It sounds to me like a lot of you are doing things or talking to people you probably shouldn't.

My S/O and I do exactly the opposite. We both deal with ex's over children issues and such, and we are both completely honest and open about everything we do and everyone we talk with. We don't password protect our phones at all, and we look at each others phones all the time. I like to leave mine on the kitchen table for her in the morning when I take a shower in case she wants to flip through it, and she does similar things for me, but mostly we just ask each other and hand them over. This all started because when we were first dating, I was going through a divorce and she would get anxious when I would get texts from my ex wife. I had a password at the time, so I handed her the phone and put her fingerprint in my iPhone ID so she could access it whenever she wanted, and her anxiety level instantly went away.

So now we are both totally open about it, sometimes we ask each other questions about calls, texts or whatever, and neither of us has an issue with any of it. It's just a very nice feeling to know that we're close enough and love each other enough to do this, and it's very liberating to have a potentially tense issue completely removed from the relationship.

If all those of you who are demanding "privacy and respect" can't simply be open and honest with your S/O about what's on your phone, then you either have the wrong S/O, or you're doing something that you know you shouldn't.
Great for you!

However, whatever works in other people's relationships is also great for them, whether or not they're meeting your standards of acceptability.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships