Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2014, 03:06 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,701,121 times

Advertisements

Hmm. Well, it seems like if he evades a point-blank question like "Are you having sex with anyone else," the answer is either "yes" or possibly "not currently but I want to leave my options open."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2014, 03:48 AM

2 posts, read 3,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEETC View Post
Well, that was easy. Why should he commit? He's getting what he wants.

[he won't take the bag if you keep handing him the cookies]
Bingo.... OP, have you considered this possibility? Perhaps he doesn't consider you relationship material? Most guys don't like to commit to women who are free & easy. I mean, what man in the right mind would?

Old 02-20-2014, 03:54 AM

1,226 posts, read 1,449,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hierarchalist View Post
Bingo.... OP, have you considered this possibility? Perhaps he doesn't consider you relationship material? Most guys don't like to commit to women who are free & easy. I mean, what man in the right mind would?

hahahahhaha, that cracked me up! Soooooo true. Inn'it? Life's a B if you are one queen B.

Old 02-20-2014, 05:14 AM

639 posts, read 678,780 times
If you like him and your heart say something positive about him the you should be continue.. An if any quarry or questions are there the meet him and try to clear out it. And then the last option is move on from him...

Old 02-20-2014, 06:21 AM

2,472 posts, read 4,213,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hierarchalist View Post
I mean, what man in the right mind would?
A man who really likes and cares about her?

Old 02-20-2014, 06:33 AM

1,846 posts, read 2,044,974 times
Guy kind of sounds like me and the way I approach relationships. I don't like talking about commitment or any of that serious relationship crap but that doesn't mean I am not seriously considering the girl.

I just don't like when the girl brings it up because it feels like she is pushing me. I don't like pushy women because I have set goals in life and I want to follow the timeline I have established. The irony is the girl that's patient with me and takes it day by day is the one I will end up dating officially.

Old 02-20-2014, 10:17 PM

399 posts, read 548,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nymeria View Post
Hi everyone,

There is this guy that I have been seeing for past two months and recently I asked him a question about “where is this going?” which I thought is reasonable to ask after two months and honestly, I was expecting a ‘being exclusive’ talk but he completely misunderstood me and his first reaction was “omg this is too intense, do we really have to do this?” and I said yes because I need to know, so then he told me about some bs reason how he has commitment issues because of some decade old break up and he tells the girl if she gets too serious that he can’t do it (he hasn’t said so to me yet nor any signs of it). He doesn’t know which city he wants to live in so when you’re in relationship you have to take the decision consulting the other and he wants to travel around etc.

His whole “I can’t commit talk” took me by surprise because that’s not what I planned to ask firstly, for me it was more like “hey let’s be exclusive and see where it goes”. I thought exclusivity is practical to ask after two months and not straight out commitment lol. But I wouldn’t mind it in the future.

I am confused by his actions as he claims that he can’t commit or whatever but this guy is always planning things with me at his own initiative as well, he calls me all those cute affectionate names, celebrated my birthday by taking me out on a surprise dinner, he even introduced me to his brother and we all had dinner together with his brother’s gf. (these indications seemed to be a really good sign that he’s into me).
At the end of this weird conversation, I could never clarify what I wanted to ask and he told me he likes me a lot and is always looking forward to spend time with me. He likes to go with the ‘flow’ and things are going great btw us. His friends love me a lot and he likes that and it’s important for him.

When we are in bed, he tells me how glad he is that he met me and he says ‘I like you’. I always reply back saying I like him too because I do. Bottom line is, his actions don’t get along with what he says . And honestly, I can’t jump into a relationship right away either, I like to spend time and see how it is so he doesn’t even have to feel pressure there.

I am so confused because I am not good at these talks, I suck at talking this through myself and since he acts out weird having these talks, I don’t even feel confident anymore about how to ask him.

I brought this up while talking to his best friend he told me not to worry and told me he is not one of those guys who do not put it in so many words about commitment talk and it’s not that he can’t commit so I shouldn’t worry.
I appreciate his friends input but when I told my friends they all were firstly shocked with his reaction because they have met him and they told me “omg it’s so obvious he is into you a lot” but now they have advised me to dump him because he told me he can’t commit anyway so I should not waste my time.

Should I still keep seeing this guy? Should I meet up and clarify with him what I really meant to ask him? I can commit but if he’s already telling me he can’t, is it possible that in the future he might want to?
Hmm... do I really have to break it down to you? The answer is NO. Why no? Your looks or your personality or some combo of the two. Just like when a girl goes to the bathroom in the club she never comes back to the guy. Just like when the girl says it's not him it's her, it is him, just like when she gives him a fake number or just like when she says "O I don't know, let me think about it" but means "no". Funny how when the shoe's on the other foot, it's "confusing".

He knew what you meant to ask and his answer is no and it won't change. Accept his terms or move on.

Old 02-20-2014, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meaning View Post
I don't understand how lame most people are that you are banging the person and all you can say is - i like you... WTF is wrong with saying I love you when you already exchange body fluids several times is beyond me!!!

And honestly like the youtube video link in another thread. You all deserve to be alone because you are all soooo lame to just express what you truly feel!

OMG.

When we are in bed, he tells me how glad he is that he met me and he says ‘I like you’. I always reply back saying I like him too because I do.

That statement really pi-ss me off. Its lameness is just beyond pathetic!

At least my husband has the balls to say I love you to me when he was trying to get in my pants when we were at his his house when we were dating. LOL.
What planet are you on? You think everyone banging on this planet is in love? You must be on some other planet.

Old 02-20-2014, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
Men have no problems committing. Men do have a difficult time committing to a woman that isn't the right one.
As a man, my reply is: WORD. Honestly, and probably other men ill hate me for divulging a big secret but difficulty to commit is just an excuse we use if we want to keep banging the chick without committing.

Old 02-20-2014, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberrykiki View Post
In my experience, the guys that really like you want to commit and have that label. They don't want there to be any gray areas where some other guy might come along and scoop you up.
Yes, but it's a false sense of security. Most women have no qualms dumping the guy if Prince CharmingER comes along. Of course it's harder to dump a bf then a guy she's "just dating" but still. It's like returning a dress and getting a much better one
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships