Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2014, 09:50 PM

35,095 posts, read 51,212,218 times

Advertisements

It sounds like you and your boyfriend should not move in together.
He appears to place more importance on money and the renters than you and your cat.
No animals should be "boarded up in the attic", they aren't stuffed animals you can store away.
It also appears you and your happiness are not as important as his renters and their money

If this were me I would stay where I am and dump the boyfriend since he seems more interested in his money than your happiness as a couple.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2014, 10:16 PM

1,326 posts, read 1,137,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhasa1951 View Post
Thank you for all your replies. Certainly gives me a lot to think about. I'm tempted to even show him this thread. -_-
Show him this thread.

YOU should be the priority over some couple who may or may not be living there for two years. And why the hell would he charge you more for rent then he charges them? That makes no sense to me.

It sounds like you are a really caring person helping your mom out and being so concerned about your cat in this situation.

I'm not going to say your BF is a jerk but it sounds like his main concern is himself. If I were in your position I wouldn't move in with him.

Old 02-20-2014, 11:06 PM

2,728 posts, read 2,698,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooplaman View Post
I hate cats! Why don't you cat owners realize that your cats don't even love you! They are always planning to or attempting to kill you!
You need to check statistics how much human men are beating, raping and killing women and then check the cats count...

Old 02-21-2014, 05:31 AM

1,846 posts, read 2,044,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soUlwounD View Post
You need to check statistics how much human men are beating, raping and killing women and then check the cats count...
ohhhh men are evil

I never said cats were good at it...those filthy mongrels!

Old 02-21-2014, 06:32 AM

11,395 posts, read 24,438,947 times
I just had the best idea! Why don't you move your mom in with the couple and you and your boyfriend get your own apartment?

Old 02-21-2014, 06:52 AM

16,391 posts, read 30,917,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
Why does he have to HONOR that commitment?? Things change. People fall in love. He is not OBLIGATED to follow through on a couple who can just as well rent a place for a little over $750 somewhere else.

He should live apart from his beloved gf just so these people can stay? Hmmm. I see that totally different.
He shouldn't have to give help to an unstable homeless mom either.

Old 02-21-2014, 09:52 AM

4 posts, read 3,627 times
Well, we had a conversation about it last night. The main issue I brought up is that, going forward, I needed to know that I can trust him and that he will honor his word with me. I brought up that I felt he was putting monetary issues over my happiness, and maybe it wasn't the best time to move in... He said that "after awhile" if I start missing the cat, she can move in and we'll figure it out -- maybe get new roommates.... It's still kind of a half-fix because the core issue still exists, but maybe it's progress.

I'd like to believe that he has my best interest at heart and he's just trying to find an amicable solution for everyone given all of the different issues at play here... but feelings are still at a boiling point and honestly I feel like it could jeopardize things in the future because I would grow to resent the situation. Did I mention I've had the cat since I was 11? Am 26 now. -_-

Old 02-21-2014, 09:56 AM

37,409 posts, read 53,543,435 times
Someone who is still relying on roommates to pay for his house, and who intends to "get other ones" after the current ones leave isn't ready to cohabit with a significant other.

Old 02-21-2014, 09:59 AM

20,758 posts, read 19,951,234 times
Quote:
Well, we had a conversation about it last night. The main issue I brought up is that, going forward, I needed to know that I can trust him and that he will honor his word with me. I brought up that I felt he was putting monetary issues over my happiness, and maybe it wasn't the best time to move in... He said that "after awhile" if I start missing the cat, she can move in and we'll figure it out -- maybe get new roommates.... It's still kind of a half-fix because the core issue still exists, but maybe it's progress.

I'd like to believe that he has my best interest at heart and he's just trying to find an amicable solution for everyone given all of the different issues at play here... but feelings are still at a boiling point and honestly I feel like it could jeopardize things in the future because I would grow to resent the situation. Did I mention I've had the cat since I was 11? Am 26 now. -_-
Thanks for the update.

Not really progress. He makes half a$$ed promises to lure you in. And when you moved in he will say, leave the cat where it is, because it is all working well s

He has HIS best interest at heart. Not yours.

Last edited by oh-eve; 02-21-2014 at 10:10 AM..

Old 02-21-2014, 10:05 AM

16,391 posts, read 30,917,838 times
Quote:

Only an idiot would put their girlfriend before their own monetary issues.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships