Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2014, 10:07 PM

14 posts, read 13,006 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rance View Post
Selfie yourself and see if she likes you!
Hah... good one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2014, 10:13 PM

458 posts, read 644,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeydbtown View Post
I'm just looking for opinions and advice on how to approach the situation. I'd appreciate it.
Probe her availability.
If she's spontaneous, then you have nothing to worry about.
If she has to plan everything down to the very last detail, then you have every right to be suspicious.

Old 02-20-2014, 10:14 PM

550 posts, read 1,487,421 times
Quote:
This is what my gut tells me. But I don't want to be irrational too.
Why is your gut telling you this? Is a few instagram likes really the only thing that's bothering you, or are you getting other signals too? Because it does seem a little irrational to get all upset over a few instagram likes in this day and age. But a lot of times your gut sees things that your brain blocks out.

Old 02-20-2014, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by starla View Post
You know, you could just pull out your phone, look at your feed, and then casually ask her about her instagram comments next time you see her. A simple "who is this guy?" will do the trick. If you take an accusatory tone with her, it's likely to end poorly regardless of what she's up to. I don't think it's that uncommon to be a little sensitive at the five month mark of a relationship. This is also a good time to find out how she feels about the two of you having friends of the opposite sex. Not every couple is like my husband and me. That's fine as long as you're both on the same page about it.
Thanks for the advice. I think I might take that approach. He wouldn't really come up on my feed, but her commenting did come up previously. Dunno if I'll be around her next time something like that pops up, but I'll see. We actually had that conversation and both felt unless they were long term platonic friends, most likely one side of an opposite sex friendship feelings tend build for either the guy or girl. Thanks again.

Old 02-20-2014, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by starla View Post
Why is your gut telling you this? Is a few instagram likes really the only thing that's bothering you, or are you getting other signals too? Because it does seem a little irrational to get all upset over a few instagram likes in this day and age. But a lot of times your gut sees things that your brain blocks out.
I wouldn't say she has given me other signals necessarily, although I do know she cheated on one boyfriend in her past. A question of her character and integrity for that fact, yes. She is a very attractive girl and gets lots of attention, so I'm sure my own insecurity could perpetuate the situation for sure. starla, I really appreciate your responses.

Old 02-20-2014, 10:29 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,366,942 times
Quote:
He's is def. straight
Ah. Well, you could invite her to go drunk sledding with you and see how she responds.

Old 02-20-2014, 10:42 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,253,872 times
If she's an intelligent human and she knows you can see her instagram comments, she probably thinks this is no big deal.

People make random public comments on social media ALL the time about wanting to hang out/catch up with other people. I think most of it is sentiment, not actual intent to make plans.

Old 02-20-2014, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
Ah. Well, you could invite her to go drunk sledding with you and see how she responds.
Ha ha, I like your humorous indirect approach. Touche.

Old 02-20-2014, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meh_whatever View Post
If she's an intelligent human and she knows you can see her instagram comments, she probably thinks this is no big deal.

People make random public comments on social media ALL the time about wanting to hang out/catch up with other people. I think most of it is sentiment, not actual intent to make plans.
I'm not sure if she's aware that I can or have seen them since Instagram is a bit different than others like Facebook in terms of fees, but I do understand your point. I also agree about the public comments on social media, however, I do think the request to text about hanging out opens the door to private convo's with someone serious intent. Thanks for the reply.

Old 02-20-2014, 11:02 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,236,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molli View Post
My late husband would have NEVER pulled that kind of crap. Making plans to spend time with another woman? What is wrong with you that you think that behavior is OK?

My husband does that and has since we have been together.
There are things that he enjoys doing that I don't so him and his friends male and female go and do and I think it is great. Sometimes he even goes with the females by himself and it still does not bother me.
He has been friends with most of his female friends for more than 20 years which is 10 years longer than I have been in his life.
I have met most of them but not all of them and they have all been either married or single at some point during their friendship.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships