Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2014, 12:59 PM

9 posts, read 10,610 times

Advertisements

My girlfriend is 6 months pregnant with our baby boy and I could never imagine people could be so judgemental about this. Especially our relatives and our parents' friends.

Everyone thinks it was an oops baby and they get shocked when we say it was a planned pregnancy. I even told my fanantically religious aunt that we loved living in sin. She says the baby can't go out at night without us being married and being christened.

Some people are okay with us having a baby but they are conviced we are planning to marry right after the baby is born.

We have no intention of ever marrying. We are both rational adults who know we should try the best to stay together. In case it doesn't work out, we save a lot of hassle from legal issues.

Of course at the end of the day it's no one's business. But I'm still curious when these days everyone is supposedly so liberal but when things happen people still show their true colours.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2014, 01:02 PM

5,273 posts, read 14,537,162 times
Talking down about people for their beliefs really isn't cool- whatever they may be. Them rapping you or the way you rap on them.

I would say learn to at least to respect peeople and their opinions even if you disagree with them. For I have found that what's "right" for me may not be "right" at all, it's simply what I choose to do.

Old 02-21-2014, 01:03 PM

5,204 posts, read 4,665,923 times
Are you going to be on the birth certificate? In terms of the hassle of legal issues, you know even if the relationship doesn't work out, you are still legally bound to pay child support right?

Old 02-21-2014, 01:05 PM

15,603 posts, read 39,809,216 times
Another one of those "man-made" traditions. Ignore them and live your life as you and the lucky lady see fit!

Old 02-21-2014, 01:06 PM

29,737 posts, read 34,352,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tchokan View Post
We have no intention of ever marrying. We are both rational adults who know we should try the best to stay together. In case it doesn't work out, we save a lot of hassle from legal issues.
I don't know that that's the case, though. You're for all intents and purposes common-law married, unless you don't live together and your finances aren't commingled at all. If for whatever reason you split up, not being married isn't going to make a dissolution easier, especially when there's a child involved.

Old 02-21-2014, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLAZER PROPHET View Post
Talking down about people for their beliefs really isn't cool- whatever they may be. Them rapping you or the way you rap on them.

I would say learn to at least to respect peeople and their opinions even if you disagree with them. For I have found that what's "right" for me may not be "right" at all, it's simply what I choose to do.
I was just tired of listening to religious comments.

Old 02-21-2014, 01:13 PM

1,194 posts, read 1,398,842 times
Quote:
I was just tired of listening to religious comments.

So you decided to take it to an internet forum instead?

Old 02-21-2014, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adhom View Post
Are you going to be on the birth certificate? In terms of the hassle of legal issues, you know even if the relationship doesn't work out, you are still legally bound to pay child support right?
Obviously. And why wouldn't I want to pay CS in case we separated?

Old 02-21-2014, 01:23 PM

1,846 posts, read 2,043,938 times
I really am not supportive of people having kids out of marriage BUT if you plan to never marry then that is a different situation. I have 0 problems with your situation and I wonder if you have made it clear to your family that you plan to never marry. Considering I view things based on a society level since I study a lot of public policy I HATE unplanned pregnancies out of marriage. Almost always ends bad and the mother and child are nothing but a burden on the state.

Quote:
Obviously. And why wouldn't I want to pay CS in case we separated?
If you love money more than babies like me.

Old 02-21-2014, 01:24 PM

2,084 posts, read 2,620,497 times
Do you have a question or do you just want to complain about religious people?

Ignore your aunt's comments. I don't see why you just want to egg her on, then complain about how people disapprove. Take the high road. You and your gf are doing what's right for yourselves and that's all that should matter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships