Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2014, 07:46 PM

5,198 posts, read 5,274,944 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
For all you know, the husband has been cheating on the wife for ages and is no better a person. Don't be so quick to project you personal experience and feelings onto someone you don't know, whose situation you don't know.
This is hilarious. Isn't the OP doing the same?

You are correct, he may be cheating; but WE don't know....neither does she. She has no idea of what may happen as a result of her meddling.

As for personal experiences...ummm... nope.

As I keep saying, it's her motives that bother me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2014, 09:28 PM

2,113 posts, read 2,405,045 times
Why bother expending the energy to dream up methods of revenge, when it can be put to much better use? Go to the gym. Take a class. And for God's sake, if you don't trust the person you're in a relationship with, get out.

"Before He Cheats" is a fun karaoke song, but it's fk'n psycho behavior, which is endearing to no one.

Sometimes I think that people thrive on drama.

Old 02-26-2014, 09:57 AM

37,409 posts, read 53,543,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mochamajesty View Post
This is hilarious. Isn't the OP doing the same?

You are correct, he may be cheating; but WE don't know....neither does she. She has no idea of what may happen as a result of her meddling.

As for personal experiences...ummm... nope.

As I keep saying, it's her motives that bother me.
I was addressing the OP.

Old 02-26-2014, 10:53 AM

31,002 posts, read 22,045,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swgirl926 View Post
Why bother expending the energy to dream up methods of revenge, when it can be put to much better use? Go to the gym. Take a class. And for God's sake, if you don't trust the person you're in a relationship with, get out.

"Before He Cheats" is a fun karaoke song, but it's fk'n psycho behavior, which is endearing to no one.

Sometimes I think that people thrive on drama.
If it was mundane and boring it would be a very short thread

Old 02-26-2014, 11:01 AM

1,839 posts, read 3,064,992 times
I did not tell him, I didn't follow through. Felt bad either way, telling and hurting him or not telling because I really would want to be told if I were in his shoes. I believe he has a right to know and I don't believe in Karma or any nonsense like that. But I didn't tell him to update anyone following this.

Old 02-26-2014, 11:03 AM

45,218 posts, read 100,681,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lastwomanstanding View Post
I did not tell him, I didn't follow through. Felt bad either way, telling and hurting him or not telling because I really would want to be told if I were in his shoes. I believe he has a right to know and I don't believe in Karma or any nonsense like that. But I didn't tell him to update anyone following this.
proud of you for listening to the little part of you that knew this wasn't the right thing to do

Old 02-26-2014, 11:42 AM

181 posts, read 218,208 times
Quote:
You are a good woman for sparing him, God Bless you. He probably will find out sooner or later, I'm glad you didn't lower yourself by being the one to tell him and possibly send him off the deep end.

Old 02-26-2014, 11:53 AM

3,187 posts, read 5,149,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteakGuy View Post
You are a good woman for sparing him, God Bless you. He probably will find out sooner or later, I'm glad you didn't lower yourself by being the one to tell him and possibly send him off the deep end.
I agree, in matters of the heart it is very hard to do the right things sometimes. But I think that lws just did. You are growing as you post. Kudos. I know it was a difficult decision. The "right" thing is seldom easy. That's why it's the "right" thing. Again, kudos to you for thinking this through instead of just reacting on straight impulse.

Old 02-26-2014, 12:38 PM

6,033 posts, read 6,141,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteakGuy View Post
That's the thing, isn't it: none of this is rational, by which I mean that "affairs d'amore" don't follow the usual social rules of ettiquette. Bad things can and do happen.

LOL, to OP: one of the most commons ways everyone involved catches a bullet from the aggrieved husband. Really. Look it up in crime stats. See also "Crime of Passion."

Low down, cheating men are some of the most dishonorable scum of the earth. At some lizard-brain level I at-least marginally "understand" (though in no way condone) why the cuckolded sometimes come unglued.

Man-to-man, I don't mess with another man's stuff. First and foremost, his woman and family. Next, his land. Third, his property (car, dog, other items he's worked for). That is all very primal. Do so at peril.

My point being, of course, as an aggrieved woman OP should probably exit that situation before it implodes. Made more complicated that implosion may happen tomorrow, a month from tomorrow, or never. Sucks, I'm sure. Move out, leave for another part of town if-feasible.

I'd probably let it all take its course and not get involved, calling it "lesson learned." But if you do, as the saying goes "dig two graves" first. If you wish to mount a campaign of what I would call counterintelligence (obfuscation, disinformation) you'll need to be uber-thorough to dissuade and disrupt anything that could, should, or would naturally lead back your way. That's actually quite hard to do.

Old 02-26-2014, 12:52 PM

5,198 posts, read 5,274,944 times
Quote:

That's pretty awesome. I really truly hope that you find peace. Thanks for the update.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships