Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2014, 05:40 PM

11,864 posts, read 17,001,935 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Info Guy View Post
They are checking you out left and right though. If you are in a match making site than you are getting lot of messages. I am pretty sure there are hundreds of guys who want to go out with you.
I don't do online dating.

My point is that it shouldn't matter to YOU who else is checking me out. If you want to ask me out, you ask me out. Stop worrying about the other guys.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2014, 06:12 PM

4,338 posts, read 7,507,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the minx View Post
I don't do online dating.

My point is that it shouldn't matter to YOU who else is checking me out. If you want to ask me out, you ask me out. Stop worrying about the other guys.
Chances are she is taken though or she will just tell me to f**k off.

Old 02-23-2014, 06:20 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,728,906 times
Quote:
Do women often tell you to f**k off when you ask them out?

WTH?

Old 02-23-2014, 06:20 PM

11,864 posts, read 17,001,935 times
Quote:
Then she's not the one for you and nothing you do is going to change that.

Old 02-23-2014, 06:30 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
They are checking you out left and right though. If you are in a match making site than you are getting lot of messages. I am pretty sure there are hundreds of guys who want to go out with you.
This is why Online Dating is so discouraging. It may SEEM like hundreds of guys are messaging the same women you are. But bear in mind that 98% of those 100 guys are sending her completely inappropriate messages, or simply aren't making any effort at all, and send messages saying "S'up?" So if you write a thoughtful message, you'll stand out. She still may decide you're not her type, but in some ways, it's easier for men to compete on OLD.

Old 02-23-2014, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
Do women often tell you to f**k off when you ask them out?

WTH?
Yea in the night clubs and OKCupid/Facebook.

Old 02-23-2014, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the minx View Post
Then she's not the one for you and nothing you do is going to change that.
I know that.

Old 02-23-2014, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
This is why Online Dating is so discouraging. It may SEEM like hundreds of guys are messaging the same women you are. But bear in mind that 98% of those 100 guys are sending her completely inappropriate messages, or simply aren't making any effort at all, and send messages saying "S'up?" So if you write a thoughtful message, you'll stand out. She still may decide you're not her type, but in some ways, it's easier for men to compete on OLD.
Yes, I know about the sexual messages they send them which fill up their folders so mine could get lost in the cracks somewhere.

Majority of them are one liners. Maybe I should write a thoughtful paragraph and send them in bunches but it could be vague.

compete an OLD?

But believe it or not. I've had lot of success in the online dating world. I have rejected a few meetings because I had other priorities.

Old 02-23-2014, 07:31 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,996,352 times
Quote:
Yes, I know about the sexual messages they send them which fill up their folders so mine could get lost in the cracks somewhere.

Majority of them are one liners. Maybe I should write a thoughtful paragraph and send them in bunches but it could be vague.

compete an OLD?

But believe it or not. I've had lot of success in the online dating world. I have rejected a few meetings because I had other priorities.
It depends on the kind of woman you contact I think.

There might be women who can appreciate well thought out messages with good sentence structure and proper grammar. I can tell you that I've sent out several messages that were thoughtful and well-written, and every single one of them went either unread, unnoticed, or I would get a reply, but it read as though they were in a drunken stupor.

You're better off sending short messages because if you send anymore than a few sentence you're probably wasting your time.

Old 02-23-2014, 07:39 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
Yea in the night clubs and OKCupid/Facebook.
Forget bars and nightclubs. Get involved in daytime activities where you can meet women and get to know them over time, and they can get to know you over time, and observe your good qualities. In a bar or nightclub, they know nothing about you. Naturally they're going to judge you on superficial qualities. Get out of that type of environment and into an environment that allows people to get to know you on a deeper level.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships