Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2014, 08:46 AM

1,846 posts, read 2,045,240 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
Lots of guys are scared to date me because I am tall. It cuts them down in their manlihood. Some don't even want to stand next to me. Or if we stand on a hillside, we have to switch places so they can look down on me ...

People expect from me to be strong. Mentally and physically.

However, I am super weak. I work out regularly, have toned arms and legs but I can hardly lift anything. I always need help. Maybe I should tattoo it on my forehead that I am just as feminine as shorter women ...
I am about average height but I am not really attracted to taller girls anyway because I like my women small. I have to say though if you workout and dress nice it can help a lot to make guys more comfortable. I used to go dancing a lot and whenever the girl was taller than me it was so awkward for me.

I think its just more of a weird mental thing in the heads of guys.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2014, 08:54 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,706,825 times
I can put up a good fight but no, he is stronger than I am.

Old 02-25-2014, 08:57 AM

1,454 posts, read 2,167,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooplaman View Post
I am about average height but I am not really attracted to taller girls anyway because I like my women small. I have to say though if you workout and dress nice it can help a lot to make guys more comfortable. I used to go dancing a lot and whenever the girl was taller than me it was so awkward for me.

Yet the irony is we're told the problem is us (as there have been countless posts in the past about us only wanting very tall guys and not giving shorter guys a chance, which isn't true in my case; 5'7 and I actually gravitate more towards the average height guys and doesn't matter if he's slightly shorter) for not liking average height size or guys who are slightly shorter by an inch or 2.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooplaman View Post
Yeah, sometimes they're the problem. I've heard about certain guys that even think 5'6-5'8 is too tall for a woman and go for the short 5'3 and under types.

Old 02-25-2014, 09:05 AM

20 posts, read 54,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by augiedogie View Post
You and your males friends have been programmed to never hurt or hit a girl. If it was a real fight, adrenaline kicks in, I'm sure the OP could hold his own at least if it was a guy with the same ability. But at this point in time, the OP would feel horribly guilty if he hit her hard enough to hurt her, or make her cry. Everyone else would be after him because he hurt her, especially considering how big he is. He'd be considered a mean bully. THE gf might even press charges on him. What jury or judge would not convict him????
When my girl was younger, she was in some real fights with guys who were larger and stronger than she was and were not holding back. She won. In fact, she told me that the toughest opponents that she ever faced were another woman who as smaller than she is and a really skinny guy. She said that the bigger and stronger guys were the easiest since they were used to intimidation and relying on brute strength which made them slower. The one thing that I learned from her is size really doesn't matter. It's ability, skill and the drive to prevail. Granted, if a smaller woman (or man) got hit by a large, strong guy, they would be in serious trouble but if they are able to dodge while connecting their own blows repeatedly because they are faster, the big guy is going to go down!

She has friends from a women's self defense class that she helps out in and there are some women who have had to use their skills to defend themselves in some scary situations and they prevailed. They are not large or intimidating, just normal looking women. You never know who is capable of what. The guys who thought they were easy targets learned that lesson.

Also, frankly, most women are in better shape than most men. Not stronger, mind you. Just in better physical shape with more core work, more endurance and stamina. Most guys I see at my gym try to lift the heaviest weight possible and take long breaks between sets. The women are sweating away in a class or on a machine or doing core work. Which is more valuable in a fight? Being able to bench 300lbs or doing core work and developing stamina? I'm not saying all men and women work out like this but it's the majority at the gyms I've been to.

Old 02-25-2014, 09:16 AM

7,400 posts, read 6,371,533 times
I am tall, and no weakling, but I could not "take" my partner, no. He's a 6'2" black belt in BJJ. That ain't happening. However, I often win in a tickle fight.

Old 02-25-2014, 09:20 AM

2,319 posts, read 3,052,087 times
LOL no way could I have kicked my husband's butt. He'd probably just lift me up one armed and toss me over his shoulder to keep me from hurting myself LOL. I'm not weak and I work out, but most women are no match for a man who is really strong and fit.

Old 02-25-2014, 09:21 AM

1,846 posts, read 2,045,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laychick View Post
Yet the irony is we're told the problem is us (as there have been countless posts in the past about us only wanting very tall guys and not giving shorter guys a chance, which isn't true in my case; 5'7 and I actually gravitate more towards the average height guys and doesn't matter if he's slightly shorter) for not liking average height size or guys who are slightly shorter by an inch or 2.
Yeah, sometimes they're the problem. I've heard about certain guys that even think 5'6-5'8 is too tall for a woman and go for the short 5'3 and under types.
While I might prefer smaller women I don't think I would ever write off a taller woman. I probably wouldn't enjoy dancing with her but honestly for me if shes a good girl I wouldn't care. She can give me taller babies!

Old 02-25-2014, 09:32 AM

372 posts, read 456,401 times
I can't imagine that any gentleman would answer anything other than, "absolutely she could" because a real man would never raise his hand against a woman. A smart man will never put himself in company with a woman he might have to defend himself from.

Old 02-25-2014, 09:33 AM

32,658 posts, read 48,053,996 times
Generally, an average person of any gender is no match for a trained fighter, no matter the gender of the trained fighter. The majority of people are not trained to fight and they don't get into fights during their lifetime.

I could out-shoot my husband with hand guns. He was on an international rifle team and a heck of a good shot. Good enough to win all over the USA and Europe. He never felt belittled that I could out-shoot him. He bragged about it and had a paper target that I'd shot the middle out of taped above his desk at work so he could show it off.

Just because OP's lady is a trained fighter does not mean she will ever throw a punch at him. Trained fighters tend to try to avoid fights outside of the ring. Part of the training to to learn to control your temper and control your skills.

I sincerely hope that OP encourages his lady to excel and supports her, is proud of her, and (with her permission) brags about her a bit.

Old 02-25-2014, 09:34 AM

11,157 posts, read 14,006,045 times
I've never had a girlfriend who could, though sadly I had one who tried. She assaulted me several times and once even attacked me with a knife. I am no MMA high-speed Kung Fu fighter, but I know a few of the basics and was able to disarm and restrain her with no injuries to either of us. Bad night, bad relationship.

Last night my wife kicked my butt in Jenga. Does that count?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships