Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2009, 06:53 AM

3,440 posts, read 5,717,968 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaydenJ View Post
Good point. Take the average guy and line up 100 tore up prostitutes and tel him he can have as many as he wants, he will probably put a bag over their heads and enjoy them all.

Take the AVG female and do the same, she would probably call the cops on whoever lined the 100.

And yes, women love sex and finally women are starting to appreciate their bodies. This society that repressed womens sexuality for so long is finally looseing the noose.
Wow, another bitter woman. Did your boyfriend/husband cheat on you with a prostitute or something?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2009, 08:52 AM

318 posts, read 820,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pigeonhole View Post
We're talking talking averages here, many studies have shown that women have a lesser sexual drive than men (less women masturbate than men, there are more asexual women than men, women are distracted from sex on long periods - pregnancy, ovulation often linked with headaches-), as someone said for them it's a commodity (save when they want children) not something all-important.
This being said, I think the sexual drive if both MEN and WOMEN is way overestimated in our society, whereas it was underestimated during Puritan times.
Today it seems that everything revolves around sexuality, this overemphasizing of sexuality is unhealthy because it gives a false perception of what the human beings really are.

MANY things have changed since the Puritan times. (LOL) Particularly the issue on religion where sex is a sin. I think our openess to sex parallels our freedom to choose whether we can believe in a god or not. Sexuality is a LARGE part of being human. In that sense, we're no different than animals. The first thing people do is size eachother up. That's a primal characteristic and very sexual too.

Maybe you're thinking more in terms of the provacative sense then you're right. What the media is dong to developing girls is just wrong. What's unhealthy is when insecure women feel the need to dress provacatively to gain guys attention and then feel the need to compare themselves to fashion models. Using sex to get ahead in life is wrong. Having to use sexuality to get a raise is wrong. If you think the overemphasis on sex is wrong, blame MTV, blame commercial hiphop, blame men who feel the need to play on womens insecurities to get some. A woman is not a giant VAGINA.

But, no I don't think women are less sexual, or masturbate less then men. You have to understand the female anatomy to understand that those statistics are very much... inconclusive.

Old 01-23-2009, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Jack22 View Post
Wow, another bitter woman. Did your boyfriend/husband cheat on you with a prostitute or something?

Was there a bitter undertone to what I wrote? I was actually being humorous. It sounds as if you took offense to it. Why? Did you cheat on your gf/wife with a prostitute or something?

Old 01-23-2009, 09:05 AM

5,612 posts, read 15,115,593 times
Quote:
Not true. Is this a joke?

So women today do not want sex with men? Please. Women today have more sexual partners than ever and are about as promiscuous as men if not more. Women just are not as likely to admit their sexual desires and fantasies, except with their girlfriends.

You are stereotyping all men as wanting to have sex with indefinite amounts of women. You would be surprised at the number of men who do not care to have sex a lot.
What's sad is that the younger the woman, the more likely this is true. Today's young woman is being brainwashed into thinking that it is perfectly okay to let perfect strangers use her body as though it means nothing. If I let a man into my body, it will be because I mean something to him not as a recreational activity.

Old 01-23-2009, 09:49 AM

838 posts, read 1,876,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 60-minutes-II View Post
Women like sex. The only difference between the two sexes is that women have a lot more requierements in a man than men do for women. So yes women are more sexually active and more selective than males are.

Women need a reason to have sex, men just need a place.

Old 01-23-2009, 11:04 AM

3,440 posts, read 5,717,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaydenJ View Post
Was there a bitter undertone to what I wrote? I was actually being humorous. It sounds as if you took offense to it. Why? Did you cheat on your gf/wife with a prostitute or something?
No problem. I thought you were being serious. You can never tell these days on city-data! People can be nuts on these forums.

I've never cheated or had sex with a prostitute!

Old 01-23-2009, 01:26 PM

5,289 posts, read 1,233,054 times
I for one, enjoy sex in the right relationship, with someone I love. My sis and I are totally different this way...she likes variety to spice up her life and I like the tried and true, with a guy that I love. We both have about the same amount of sex, she just changes her's up more than I do. I get my variety in different ways...

Old 01-23-2009, 01:29 PM

16,431 posts, read 22,198,807 times
"Women like sex too.."

What a revelation! Was this the result of a multi-million dollar government study?

Old 01-23-2009, 01:43 PM

Quote:
No problem. I thought you were being serious. You can never tell these days on city-data! People can be nuts on these forums.

I've never cheated or had sex with a prostitute!

Haha yeah. It's hard to figure out the right tone for texts. That's why they say you shouldn't flirt through text messaging as it could lead to the wrong conclusions. I guess that's what emoticons are for.

Bideshi - LOL!

Old 01-23-2009, 02:55 PM

838 posts, read 1,876,568 times
My wife loved sex for many years, but when she started having health problems 12-13 years ago, her interest (not to mention her ability) started waning. These days more than once a month would seem like an orgy. Unfortunately for me, I still have the raging hormones I had as a teenager.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships