Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2014, 11:19 AM

22,284 posts, read 21,711,653 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Wow, "everyone" you know cheats??

You are in real need of new friends, associates, and places to hang out bob.
To be fair, I think bob is only talking about one couple, the woman he is obsessed with and the "player" she slept with. They are the subject of every thread he has started for the past 2 years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2014, 12:11 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,538,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philosophizer View Post
Who voluntarily admits to cheating?
-People who don't care if people know/want people to know
-People who think it's a badge of their prowess/supposed "alpha"-ness
-People who are firmly convinced its their partner's fault for having shortcomings and want pity
-People who are narcissists
-People who are sociopaths
-People who have already been busted

There's a bit of overlap in many of these, granted.

Quote:
And yes, some couples are able to work through it with no future infidelity.
But who wants to take that risk, and, moreover, with somebody you can no longer trust or respect, because it's out in the open that s/he's a liar, on the off-chance that it wouldn't ever happen again? Not me.

Old 02-26-2014, 01:11 PM

102 posts, read 153,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
-People who don't care if people know/want people to know
-People who think it's a badge of their prowess/supposed "alpha"-ness
-People who are firmly convinced its their partner's fault for having shortcomings and want pity
-People who are narcissists
-People who are sociopaths
-People who have already been busted

There's a bit of overlap in many of these, granted.

But who wants to take that risk, and, moreover, with somebody you can no longer trust or respect, because it's out in the open that s/he's a liar, on the off-chance that it wouldn't ever happen again? Not me.
Excellent insight!

Old 02-26-2014, 01:13 PM

8,781 posts, read 9,445,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodynew View Post
I think I was 5 when I accepted that "everybody does it" is a dumb reason to consider an action.
Except pooping....everyone poops

Last edited by rego00123; 02-26-2014 at 01:15 PM.. Reason: Stupid phone

Old 02-26-2014, 01:20 PM

45,304 posts, read 60,489,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jouster12 View Post
Where do you live, Melrose Place?

Naah, sounds more like Knot's Landing.

Old 02-26-2014, 01:30 PM

102 posts, read 153,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
To be fair, I think bob is only talking about one couple, the woman he is obsessed with and the "player" she slept with. They are the subject of every thread he has started for the past 2 years.
The player is now busted. lol. His wife divorced him. She was the bread winner and now he has to make child support payments on near minimum wage. He also got a DUI which sort of sobered him up a bit. Oh, plus I kicked his *** and one of the girls he was cheating with got married. Sweet.

What I was posting here includes the whole group. Many 'dogs' as they call themselves that have multiple partners. One (not the player) is married and tatooed the names of his two kids on his stomach. Then he was reported to HR for running his hand down the shirt and pants of one of the sales girls right in the middle of the bullpin as a show for everyone. The sales manager reported but it was consensual. The girl liked it.

When I kicked the players *** for getting up in my face, HR was again called. When I told my boss what he said, his response was, "Oh, he's just a dog. He's really a good guy." This coming from a man who is now separated because his wife was cheating. He now dates all kinds of women and keeps this from his children (or so he thinks...I'm sure they know). It's funny because he was quite broken up about it and says he really misses his family, but yet his 'dogness' won't allow him to discredit the player.

All of these guys 4-5, wear infidelity like a badge. They braig about it. All have broken homes or children from other relationships. On the one hand I can see the fun, but really it is just ****** selfish and disrespectful. Espectially to the children. I mean I watch them flat out lie to one girl after the other say the other girl is nothing. And these girls believe them until they are the new nothing. Then everyone of them left the group as they were dumped for another and they were suddenly hurt.

And to some posters who quipped I'm complaining because I couldn't get lucky. Well, some of these girls came my way too and I said no thanks. One I liked a great deal and she is now married, but I wasn't going near that no matter how nice.

I like to have fun, but **** this is just selfish and irresponsible. I just wondered what others thought because here it is just everyday stuff. No big deal and it just seems so ignorant to me. I wondered if I might be wrong.

Old 02-26-2014, 01:38 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,676,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob the brave View Post
The player is now busted. lol. His wife divorced him. She was the bread winner and now he has to make child support payments on near minimum wage. He also got a DUI which sort of sobered him up a bit. Oh, plus I kicked his *** and one of the girls he was cheating with got married. Sweet.

What I was posting here includes the whole group. Many 'dogs' as they call themselves that have multiple partners. One (not the player) is married and tatooed the names of his two kids on his stomach. Then he was reported to HR for running his hand down the shirt and pants of one of the sales girls right in the middle of the bullpin as a show for everyone. The sales manager reported but it was consensual. The girl liked it.

When I kicked the players *** for getting up in my face, HR was again called. When I told my boss what he said, his response was, "Oh, he's just a dog. He's really a good guy." This coming from a man who is now separated because his wife was cheating. He now dates all kinds of women and keeps this from his children (or so he thinks...I'm sure they know). It's funny because he was quite broken up about it and says he really misses his family, but yet his 'dogness' won't allow him to discredit the player.

All of these guys 4-5, wear infidelity like a badge. They braig about it. All have broken homes or children from other relationships. On the one hand I can see the fun, but really it is just ****** selfish and disrespectful. Espectially to the children. I mean I watch them flat out lie to one girl after the other say the other girl is nothing. And these girls believe them until they are the new nothing. Then everyone of them left the group as they were dumped for another and they were suddenly hurt.

And to some posters who quipped I'm complaining because I couldn't get lucky. Well, some of these girls came my way too and I said no thanks. One I liked a great deal and she is now married, but I wasn't going near that no matter how nice.

I like to have fun, but **** this is just selfish and irresponsible. I just wondered what others thought because here it is just everyday stuff. No big deal and it just seems so ignorant to me. I wondered if I might be wrong.

You seem to be associating with the dregs of society.

I highly suggest you find some new friends and places to hang out

Old 02-26-2014, 03:17 PM

22,284 posts, read 21,711,653 times
What kind of workplace is this where you can beat someone up and not get fired?

Old 02-26-2014, 04:14 PM

5,648 posts, read 8,053,250 times
Yes it is. Unfortunately, family courts don't care about infidelity these days.

Old 02-26-2014, 05:18 PM

219 posts, read 436,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
You seem to be associating with the dregs of society.

I highly suggest you find some new friends and places to hang out
Couldn't have said it better myself.

Bob, you seem kind of fixated on this bullpuckey. Is this the way you want to live? Why is that? I was going to say get new friends, but now I'm thinking a better bet for starters might be seeing a shrink to find out why you're so into this loser scene. It's depressing. There's so much more to life, uplifting, inspiring stuff. You're making weird choices for what you focus your attention and energy on. What's driving that? Look inside. That's where the answer is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships