Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-01-2014, 02:38 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,928,953 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe007 View Post
Lol, it's not the OP's first thread on this type of question.......
My theory is she's advertising to see who
takes the bait & dms her.......
I tried sending her one last night but her box was full
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2014, 03:07 PM

13,520 posts, read 22,128,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post

I see what you did there.

Old 03-01-2014, 03:27 PM

541 posts, read 861,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeapple View Post
If you notice the attitudes on this forum, however, a fair amount of men have delusions that post age 30 they can get a woman in their 20s still, and that women 30+ are washed up, old hags. Hanging around this forum is probably not good for one's perceptions of dating reality.
Yeah, I'm getting that impression as well. 32 is not old at all for a woman. Well, maybe to an 21 y.o. guy, but then, he would still need a hella lot more life experiences to be able to catch up to the 32 y.o. woman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
LOL!!

Old 03-01-2014, 03:31 PM

4,857 posts, read 7,609,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
When I tell other people,they think I am a skank.

My male relatives do it,but they are not called anything.

You write like a 15 yr old boy pretending to be a woman.

Old 03-01-2014, 03:46 PM

896 posts, read 1,177,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chessgeek View Post
I believe you and thanks for the additional info, but husbands also do that to their wives. That was my main point. Movies have also been made based on them and actual documentaries have been made about homicidal husbands. They are just as dangerous. Women continue to marry. Drivers kill people. People continue to drive.
Are you seriously making the claim that picking up randos in bars and getting married carry equal risks?

Old 03-01-2014, 03:49 PM

Anyway Jersey, if you want to pick up randos go right ahead, it is your life. What I don't get is, why do you insist on telling your friends and family? Don't tell them, then they won't view you as a skank. People have always kept their dirty dealings on the down low which is exactly the way things should be... I don't understand the purpose of over-sharing everything.

Old 03-01-2014, 05:34 PM

15,408 posts, read 6,196,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraciousVox View Post
Are you seriously making the claim that picking up randos in bars and getting married carry equal risks?
I was making the case that there are no guarantees and both can carry risk. I also mentioned driving and DUI. The battered women's shelters are not closing. Most women are in there because of a husband or a boyfriend she lives with. A smaller number due to strangers.

I think any single guy that has been in a bar (reasonably sure that includes both of us and other guys posting here) appreciate being considered with the same regard as other people rather than a random creep (granted, I am there far less often these days). It is easy to make over-generalizations and I provided intelligent commentary suggesting we think it through more clearly before jumping to conclusions.

It is easier to leave a dangerous stranger as there are no marital/monetary/relational ties that have to be severed or worked out, than a dangerous husband.

Old 03-01-2014, 05:36 PM

15,408 posts, read 6,196,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraciousVox View Post
Anyway Jersey, if you want to pick up randos go right ahead, it is your life. What I don't get is, why do you insist on telling your friends and family? Don't tell them, then they won't view you as a skank. People have always kept their dirty dealings on the down low which is exactly the way things should be... I don't understand the purpose of over-sharing everything.
I will agree with you on this part. If someone does not want to be regarded that way, better not to tell everyone about it.

Old 03-02-2014, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chessgeek View Post
I was making the case that there are no guarantees and both can carry risk. I also mentioned driving and DUI. The battered women's shelters are not closing. Most women are in there because of a husband or a boyfriend she lives with. A smaller number due to strangers.

I think any single guy that has been in a bar (reasonably sure that includes both of us and other guys posting here) appreciate being considered with the same regard as other people rather than a random creep (granted, I am there far less often these days). It is easy to make over-generalizations and I provided intelligent commentary suggesting we think it through more clearly before jumping to conclusions.

It is easier to leave a dangerous stranger as there are no marital/monetary/relational ties that have to be severed or worked out, than a dangerous husband.
This is a silly point because you aren't taking into account risk assessment. For instance, walking down the street carries the small risk that I might get mugged. Walking down the street at 3 am in a bad neighborhood while I am drunk carries a much higher risk that I might get mugged. Does that mean I should stop walking down the street? Or that it is ok to walk around drunk in a bad neighborhood because hey, everything comes with a risk? Sorry I do not think equating picking up strangers in bars carries the same risk as getting married counts as "intelligent commentary" at all.

Old 03-02-2014, 09:12 AM

1,276 posts, read 1,775,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ten Cat View Post
Not always.

Drunken pick up sex can backfire on men as well. I had a male friend who told me about an experience picking up a drunk gal at a bar and taking her back to his place. (he was drunk, too) In the process of getting down to it, she started to freak out. She ran screaming through his apartment "Leave me alone, leave me alone!"

My friend was obviously freaked out himself, and tried to get her to calm down. She finally did, got dressed and left.

My friend sat in utter terror for the rest of the night that the cops were going to bust his door down and haul him off for attempted rape. Nothing came of it, but it is certainly food for thought for men who think drunken pick ups are a good idea.

The door to Crazy Land swings both ways...
This is why former Dallas Cowboys offensive lineman, Nate Newton kept a recording security camera in his room and about his house. And it came in very very handy one day. He brought home a woman he picked up from a bar for a one night stand. They had complete, 100% consensual sex. Next day, she claimed rapped in an attempt to extort him. Got an attorney and all. Nate sent her attorney and the police a copy of the recoded encounter. She was charged and sentenced.

If he had not had the setup he did in home. 10-1 odds say his life would have been ruined.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships