Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2014, 08:40 PM

9,007 posts, read 13,839,675 times

Advertisements

So,what is wrong with looking for random guys in a bar to sleep with?

Why do guys who do the same thing not looked down on as much as us women?

I pretty much accept this,because I do not see myself in a relationship.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2014, 09:24 PM

12,858 posts, read 16,873,001 times
Nothing at all. Sooooo, what bar you gonna be in and when?

Old 02-26-2014, 09:35 PM

807 posts, read 1,353,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim9251 View Post
Nothing at all. Sooooo, what bar you gonna be in and when?
Strange, I was wondering the same thing.

Old 02-26-2014, 09:48 PM

19,969 posts, read 30,222,115 times
you should start your own chain of clubs...

call it "lucky's"

"every night is men's night"

Old 02-26-2014, 10:08 PM

2,186 posts, read 4,573,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
So,what is wrong with looking for random guys in a bar to sleep with?

Why do guys who do the same thing not looked down on as much as us women?

I pretty much accept this,because I do not see myself in a relationship.

If you even have to ask - I doubt that you would accept the answers - and there are several. Have you noticed that you only received answers from three guys (BTW I'm a woman and married) so far - and were any of them serious or helpful? Regardless of what anyone else thinks there is still a double standard between men and women and it is alive and well. You certainly can do as they do - if you're up to being treated like a piece of crap, talked about badly by both men and women, not afraid of picking up some psycho who might kill you or follow you home some dark night (hey, it happens), not afraid of catching herpes, the HIV, crabs, or any other STD floating around out there - some we may not even know about yet. That's how it was back in the 80's - nobody had heard about AIDS then - the worst that could happen was pregnancy - and nobody was dying from that. Not like that anymore - even with protection it's risky. If you don't have any problem with anonymous, empty, joyless, meaningless sex - with no romance, no familiarity, no caring or tenderness, not being important to anyone - apparently not even yourself - then go for it. I was young once - so I do know what I'm speaking about. You said you don't see yourself in a relationship - which is your prerogative. Maybe you don't NOW - but what about in say, five years? By then what will be left of you? You'll be so tired of hooking up, and not committing to a relationship - and time will continue to pass you by. You might miss a golden opportunity to meet a wonderful guy - and change your life in a wonderful way - if you continue to waste your time in bars and just "settling" for whatever scraps you can find. I hope you discover that you are worth more than that - and learn to seek relationships that lift you up - not climb on top of you and then tell everybody in the neighborhood about it tomorrow. Your choice and yours only - but I do think you know the answer already. Good luck, young lady.

Old 02-26-2014, 11:51 PM

There are some people like me who propably will never be in a relationship due to personality issues,attractiveness,etc.

It happens.
Someday some of us have to wake up and face reality. I already did.

I am an older woman btw.

Old 02-26-2014, 11:54 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,243,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
There are some people like me who propably will never be in a relationship due to personality issues,attractiveness,etc.

It happens.
Someday some of us have to wake up and face reality. I already did.

I am an older woman btw.
If you want to go to bars and pick up random strangers for sex then go ahead and go.
It is your choice, your life and no one else's business how you live your life.
If you are concerned about your reputation percieved by others go to bars not in your neighborhood or in the city next to you. That way there is less chance you will see someone you know.

Good luck, have a great time, call a cab if needed so you don't drive home intoxicated and hurt yourself or someone else.

Old 02-27-2014, 01:16 AM

182 posts, read 195,242 times
A) Drunk sex gets old
B) Sex with strangers is usually meh
C) Males over the age of 28 that constantly hang out in bars are judged too

Why males not judged as harshly? Because we already have the stereotype of being pigs/lacking feelings. Plus a male can protect himself from an out of control partner.

Old 02-27-2014, 01:29 AM

Location: where you sip the tea of the breasts of the spinsters of Utica
8,297 posts, read 14,164,711 times
Older women should get it while they still can, just like men, if that's what they want. Nobody's gonna judge a mature woman badly for that, she will just be seen and applauded as a successful cougar.

Old 02-27-2014, 02:47 AM

When I tell other people,they think I am a skank.

My male relatives do it,but they are not called anything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships