Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you assume a woman with a ring on her right hand ring finger is in an exclusive relationship?
Yes 8 38.10%
No 13 61.90%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2014, 03:30 PM

102,126 posts, read 107,381,087 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonwoodsmoke View Post
It's beyond me why OP thinks a woman that he barely knows and can't talk to is going to be hoping to have sex with him in a room where they know that their co-workers will be arriving any minute.

I don't think the ring is his only misunderstanding.
lol! The OP seems to have a very active imagination, and an active fantasy life. Aside from imagining she can't wait to be pounced upon in the middle of a workday by a colleague she barely knows, he's also imagining that she has a long-distance bf, and that she wouldn't mind cheating on this hypothetical bf, with the OP. He's putting together quite a life for this woman. I think the OP has a bright career head of him writing romance novels. Maybe not so bright in the relationship department, though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2014, 08:21 PM

4,178 posts, read 4,422,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighty_Pelican View Post
You have a point, especially about the possibility of misreading the situation. From my understanding, the "smoking gun" is the locked conference room door. Why would she do that? Everything else is secondary and doesn't necessarily add up to anything.

I walk in 45 minutes before the meeting the door is unlocked. The door is still unlocked when she walks in because she got in 35 minutes before with no trouble. 20 minutes before the meeting, the door was locked two people who tried to get in could not until I got up and unlocked the door. Someone locked it from the inside, it wasn't me so unless there was a ninja that came through the ceiling it must have been her.
ROFL. OK I'm going to play Colombo here.
You arrive 45 minutes early for a meeting your 'desirable' female colleague arrives 35 minutes early. Twenty minutes before the meeting the next arrivals discover the door locked.

What transpired during those 15 minutes?
Awkward silence while each of you prepared for the meeting?
A stare down?
Longing looks of passionate desire?
1-2-3-4 who wants a thumb war?
Footsy under the table?
Wait, let me guess she was texting on her mobile device.

"Hey got here early MP is here. Lkg @ me creepy! Doesn't say anything.
OMG, glad others finally arrived. I accidentally locked the door behind me cuz I was holding my portfolio, and coffee and Ipad/Blackberry. I hope he doesn't draw any strange conclusions.
Thx 4 ring 'BFF'. Looks great with my business outfit.

Old 02-27-2014, 08:30 PM

1,209 posts, read 1,809,476 times
Mildly entertaining. Okay I get it having a rough, unplanned office quickie with a relative stranger who you perceive as attractive isn't everyone's cup of tea, not everyone has had one of these experiences nor even desires it, but damn lol. Not everyone is into the danger and risk of being caught making out in a conference room and being thrown on the table before a meeting. That I can understand.

At least I don't dream of having peanut butter spread all over my butt cheeks with a banana balanced on the crack while overlooking an Eiffel Tower like some women.

Old 02-27-2014, 08:33 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,754,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighty_Pelican View Post
At least I don't dream of having peanut butter spread all over my butt cheeks with a banana balanced on the crack while overlooking an Eiffel Tower like some women.

Yes, I guess we can all be thankful for that.

Old 02-28-2014, 12:50 AM

10,931 posts, read 11,691,276 times
Wedding rings on any finger are not always juju protection. In some cases, they are an invitation: "do me if you dare".

Old 02-28-2014, 03:06 PM

2,319 posts, read 3,044,925 times
I assume you mean ring on the left hand? I still wear my wedding ring from my late husband BECAUSE I don't want to be approached right now. It doesn't stop some men.

Old 02-28-2014, 04:51 PM

2,279 posts, read 4,733,896 times
While the OPs scenario sounds like something from some B-grade movie . . .

As others have pointed out, which hand the engagement/wedding ring is worn upon is cultural. Additionally, I've known women who wore rings on the "wrong" finger for good reasons.

For example.. PMS/pregnancy/bloating or weight gain (usually the fingers on your dominant hand are a half size or size bigger.. so if you're a righty and bloated, your ring will be too tight on your right hand but might fit your left).

I sometimes wear my grandmother's ring in her memory, and when I'm at work, I often wind up switching it to my left hand because it drives me nuts to feel the ring clicking against the mouse. (I just hate wearing rings on my right hand).

Old 02-28-2014, 04:53 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,766,074 times
I wear rings all the time.

Old 02-28-2014, 04:58 PM

102,126 posts, read 107,381,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
I wear rings all the time.
Don't most women? I guess it's a good thing I've never worn my grandmother's engagement ring. I might've inadvertently attracted the attention of some predator who has a fetish for women who are engaged.

Old 02-28-2014, 05:02 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,766,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Don't most women? I guess it's a good thing I've never worn my grandmother's engagement ring. I might've inadvertently attracted the attention of some predator who has a preference for women who are engaged.
Actually I'm the only one out of my friends. The married ones of course have the wedding rings. My sister hates rings.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships