Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2014, 09:40 PM

12,858 posts, read 16,864,280 times

Advertisements

Personally I would find someone real and a lot closer. He told you he can't spend time with you because he's going to see you in a few weeks anyway and wants to hang out with friends? That's pretty self centered.

Good luck with that, I hope you're not wasting your time with this guy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2014, 09:44 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,990,050 times
Seems pretty selfish to me. I don't see a reason why he couldn't spend an hour having lunch or getting dinner with you or something.

Playing the roll of the armchair psychologist, I know I wouldn't be upset with you if you were to cancel this road trip and have that week to yourself and him with his hand.

I know I'd be upset over this.

Old 02-28-2014, 09:49 PM

4,038 posts, read 4,861,445 times
If I were into a woman so much that I skyped her for 7 hours at a time and phoned her for hours, I'd want to see her and introduce her to my friends when I was in town. I might want to have some down time exclusive with my friends, just the dudes kicking back, but I'd also want to see my girl and show her off to my friends.

He sounds like he's just not that into her, it's weird. I wonder if he spends all that time phoning, texting and skyping because he's bored? He's just using her to fill up blank time in his daily routine? Something isn't right here, OP. And if you both have a week off in the next few weeks, how did it get decided that you would be the one doing all the driving? Whose idea was that?

Old 02-28-2014, 09:57 PM

362 posts, read 559,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbiePoster View Post
If I were into a woman so much that I skyped her for 7 hours at a time and phoned her for hours, I'd want to see her and introduce her to my friends when I was in town. I might want to have some down time exclusive with my friends, just the dudes kicking back, but I'd also want to see my girl and show her off to my friends.

He sounds like he's just not that into her, it's weird. I wonder if he spends all that time phoning, texting and skyping because he's bored? He's just using her to fill up blank time in his daily routine? Something isn't right here, OP. And if you both have a week off in the next few weeks, how did it get decided that you would be the one doing all the driving? Whose idea was that?
We both decided I would go up again in March, when the weather was nicer. He actually wanted me to go up in February for a long weekend but it's been too cold to do any of the things we like to do. Driving up to the mountains, hiking, camping, cycling around the city and such.

Old 02-28-2014, 09:59 PM

2,319 posts, read 3,050,380 times
Why did you become his ex the first time?

Old 02-28-2014, 09:59 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,920,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbiePoster View Post

I'm confused by this too. I wouldn't spend all that time talking to someone I wasn't interested in, but I also wouldn't act like that on a visit. I'm honestly dumbfounded by the behavior.

Old 02-28-2014, 10:01 PM

2,948 posts, read 7,018,321 times
Honestly, and just offering another perspective here, it might be the nature of the business trip.

Do you know what type of business is being conducted?

I made a trip from MI to NC last week on business. It was 12hr worth of driving one way. I expected to be there for 2 full days. Reality was, due to the nature of business, I was only in NC for about 12 hours. My total trip was 36hrs, and there was absolutely no way I could have possibly spent time with anyone that I know in NC like I had wanted to. I had told 1 person I would be in town, but I wasn't able to connect. Again, it was because of the nature of my trip that resulted in changes to my plans, so that can happen. At least he is being honest and not giving you false hope for a big let down.

The man wouldn't be able to win in this situation. If he had not told you, it would have slipped out later on in a conversation and you would have been furious at him for not telling you AND not making plans to see you. So, he took the chance of telling you but being honest that he won't have time so that he's seeing the lesser of evils and just chancing you'll be annoyed at him.

It would bother me. If your connection with him is as good as you say it is, or at least think it is... Let him know how disappointed you feel and how it feels like the effort is one sided only.

Old 02-28-2014, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molli View Post
Why did you become his ex the first time?
College boyfriend, he was (and is) 6 years older than me so I was pretty young and immature when we dated. We broke up to date other people, but stayed friends. That was 26 years ago.... I still look good, and he is less than satisfied with the options in his age group.

Old 02-28-2014, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon_fly_12 View Post
Honestly, and just offering another perspective here, it might be the nature of the business trip.

Do you know what type of business is being conducted?

I made a trip from MI to NC last week on business. It was 12hr worth of driving one way. I expected to be there for 2 full days. Reality was, due to the nature of business, I was only in NC for about 12 hours. My total trip was 36hrs, and there was absolutely no way I could have possibly spent time with anyone that I know in NC like I had wanted to. I had told 1 person I would be in town, but I wasn't able to connect. Again, it was because of the nature of my trip that resulted in changes to my plans, so that can happen. At least he is being honest and not giving you false hope for a big let down.

The man wouldn't be able to win in this situation. If he had not told you, it would have slipped out later on in a conversation and you would have been furious at him for not telling you AND not making plans to see you. So, he took the chance of telling you but being honest that he won't have time so that he's seeing the lesser of evils and just chancing you'll be annoyed at him.

It would bother me. If your connection with him is as good as you say it is, or at least think it is... Let him know how disappointed you feel and how it feels like the effort is one sided only.
He's going to be in town 3 nights, 3 days, at an office location he used to work at 5 years ago. His company is flying him in, and he is making plans to visit the friends he has from living and working in the area.

I believe ignorance is bliss, I never would have found out he was in town, my circle of friends does not include his circle, and I work about 30 miles from where he will be, so there is no chance I would have run into him.

Old 02-28-2014, 10:23 PM

2,948 posts, read 7,018,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLgirl727 View Post
He's going to be in town 3 nights, 3 days, at an office location he used to work at 5 years ago. His company is flying him in, and he is making plans to visit the friends he has from living and working in the area.

I believe ignorance is bliss, I never would have found out he was in town, my circle of friends does not include his circle, and I work about 30 miles from where he will be, so there is no chance I would have run into him.
With as much as you both talk, accordingly to what you told us, it would have slipped out on his side. You would have found out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships