Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2014, 05:44 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,848,332 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
There are topical solutions for that.
I'm sure there is. Wiseazz. Lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaphysique View Post
Proposal.
Oh hell no.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2014, 05:46 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,838,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
I expect a true conversation, not a monologue delivered by my date. I expect him to be interested in finding out what makes me tick, what my interests are, etc., so we can find commonalities and enjoy talking about common interests.

Yes, this is pretty important, too.

Old 03-01-2014, 05:58 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,449,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
I'm sure there is. Wiseazz. Lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaphysique
Proposal.

Oh hell no.

In some states, including California, it's called a Proposition.

Old 03-01-2014, 07:45 PM

1,209 posts, read 1,813,955 times
Stroll up to her place in a horse drawn chariot wearing an opera cape. Take off your hat. Kiss her right hand palm side down, "Your chariot awaits". Give her your jacket if it is cold, raining, or snowing. If there are any puddles, jump over them first, then carry her across. Or pick her up and walk over the puddle. Be nice to all the common folk, and treat retail workers with respect. When walking keep her on the side away from the road and be wary of any suspicious looking passerbys. You may have to draw your sword. Make sure it is long and in clean condition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mach234 View Post
ladies is there a such thing as too long of a date?
I'm not a lady but I've heard of cases where even a second after meeting their date was too long of a date. The more interested and compatible she feels with you the longer the date can be up to a point.

Old 03-02-2014, 12:24 AM

3,199 posts, read 7,825,500 times
To me going out to dinner where it is a few hours is good. I am female and will pay for my own and for me flowers on the first date is a little much. I know some women are different on that.
In terms of conversation just simple talk that is not trying too hard or too personal but allows a person to get to know each other. A sense of humor is nice but not when it is uncomfortable jokes if that makes sense? Of course being clean and dressed ok is important. Also don't be late.

Old 03-02-2014, 01:30 AM

3,467 posts, read 8,142,457 times
as far as conversation wise?

After some bad past experiences, I do not want to be grilled on politics or religion, unless we already know we see eye-to-eye & it's sharing & relating, not being attacked or belittled. I like to talk about common interests & passions & share ideas & thoughts about life, mainly. Some basic details about you & your life are good, but not like a job interview.

where do you expect to be taken?

I don't really expect any certain place. I admit if the man asks me out, I do expect him to pay.

flowers? yay or nay?

Might be too much too soon, but I'd probably find it sweet & an unusual gesture in this day & age.

how long should it be?
Depends on how well you click. A brief coffee date can be extended if you hit it off, for example. IMO, better to error on the brief side. I went on a first date once where we got sushi then when to a concert. By the end of sushi, we both knew it was not to be. But then wee had to go through the whole concert....at least the live music meant we didn't have to talk more.

Old 03-02-2014, 04:08 AM

1,410 posts, read 2,139,073 times
I expect him to pay, flowers would be really nice, not too many nosy questions - it's a date, not a damned job interview, and for him to have enough manners not to fart, pick his nose or ears, or scratch his nads in my presence.

Old 03-02-2014, 04:16 AM

11,558 posts, read 12,050,001 times
Just be yourself and don't try to impress me; the real you is in there and I don't want to try and guess who you are.

Old 03-02-2014, 05:21 AM

1,410 posts, read 2,139,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Actually Mr. THANG I paid for two first dates. And if I dated a guy longer I went dutch. But yes many paid. My son's ex was irritated when I tried to pay.
You went out with your son't ex?

Old 03-02-2014, 07:23 AM

29,739 posts, read 34,372,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighty_Pelican View Post
I'm not a lady but I've heard of cases where even a second after meeting their date was too long of a date. The more interested and compatible she feels with you the longer the date can be up to a point.
That's true, but I've also been on dates that lasted a long time because we were having such a great time. Coffee turned into lunch turned into street fair turned into scenic overlook, etc.

As to flowers, if you're picking her up at her house, okay, she can put them in a vase. Otherwise she'll have to carry them around wherever you go, which is a pain.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships