Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2009, 05:22 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,340,761 times

Advertisements

YOu have never seen this talked about in those terms?? WOW, you should read more.

Lack of sex drive in women (lack of libido)

this one lists physical causes in women, causes that can be reversed or are only temporary.

Low libido - WrongDiagnosis.com

Causes of low libido

Low sex drive in women - MSN Health & Fitness - Women's Sexual Health (http://health.msn.com/health-topics/sexual-health/womens-sexual-health/articlepage.aspx?cp-documentid=100186622 - broken link)

This one speaks of hormonal problems.

Loss of Libido in Men

Specifically about men

Sexual Problems

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/t...e/ur189102.pdf

Low testorone is a big cause of low libido in men.

Google is your friend.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2009, 06:09 PM

3,089 posts, read 8,491,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
<snip>
Some people have none of those issues nor were they abused. They just do not like sex! They do not seek help because they do not feel like they need it and they don't. Their happy with their life you do not need sex to be happy. Maybe it is an important part in your life but your not everyone.

Old 02-27-2009, 06:11 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,340,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitokenshi View Post
Some people have none of those issues nor were they abused. They just do not like sex! They do not seek help because they do not feel like they need it and they don't. Their happy with their life you do not need sex to be happy. Maybe it is an important part in your life but your not everyone.
If the people you speak of have gone through all the tests and therapy and nothing can be found that is wrong then I would have to agree however I think too many people claim that is just how they are without investigating the posibilities that it can be cured because they are affraid.

Old 02-27-2009, 06:40 PM

647 posts, read 2,077,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallrick View Post
Seems like a prerequisite for a relationship is an interest in sex. I have never been able to keep a girlfriend because eventually it ends in this subject and she becomes offended. I have no sex drive and never have, as for a relationship a friendship is fine, but when you befriend the opposite sex, others imply a sexual relationship. Does lack of interest in sex mean that you will live and die alone? I have always heard that most women hate sex, but have found that to be a lie.
Rick, If you can find someone who has a similar lack of interest in sexx, then I don't see why a relationship couldn't work. Now, the challenge is finding someone with no sex drive. Good luck!

Old 02-27-2009, 07:51 PM

1,117 posts, read 1,989,192 times
Quote:
I agree with this. Sexuality is so uniquely individual, and ever-changing throughout our lives.

I think a lot more couples lead sexless lives than they're willing to admit. And many of them are happy with that. Physical intimacy comes in many forms....it's not exclusive to intercourse. Kissing, holding hands, hugging, snuggling, back rubs, foot rubs, etc., are all wonderful ways to physically connect with each other. And, even more important, is emotional intimacy....that unique connection between two people in love who "get' each other and cherish each other.

Genital-to-genital contact is only a small part of romantic intimacy. If couples decide to forgo that, it doesn't at all mean they are not romantic and intimate with one another. And orgasms can be self-induced, and are as easily enjoyed alone as in tandem.

Old 02-27-2009, 08:38 PM

1 posts, read 1,363 times
I wish they were Tallrick...I have no desire for sex and it's destroying my marriage, to a woman that I love so dearly.

Old 06-10-2009, 11:17 AM

1 posts, read 1,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaturalBornLoser View Post
I wish they were Tallrick...I have no desire for sex and it's destroying my marriage, to a woman that I love so dearly.
I wish I had no sex drive because I'm on the opposite side, I'm afraid I'm going to destroy my relationship by asking for it.

Old 06-10-2009, 11:27 AM

28,896 posts, read 53,962,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallrick View Post
Seems like a prerequisite for a relationship is an interest in sex. I have never been able to keep a girlfriend because eventually it ends in this subject and she becomes offended. I have no sex drive and never have, as for a relationship a friendship is fine, but when you befriend the opposite sex, others imply a sexual relationship. Does lack of interest in sex mean that you will live and die alone? I have always heard that most women hate sex, but have found that to be a lie.
Well, much as you don't want to hear it, almost all relationships have a physical component to them. If you don't want sex, have you thought about an exciting career in the Catholic Church? There's a serious shortage of priests, you know.

Old 06-10-2009, 11:39 AM

7,454 posts, read 13,386,147 times
I tell ya even something simple like very cold weather can impact a males sex drive.
Winter here right now and lets just say I'm not like the rabbit I was in summer.

Last edited by dave nz; 06-10-2009 at 11:51 AM..

Old 06-10-2009, 12:21 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,816,274 times
True. I can relate. I don't think sex is important considering a majority of people like the FWB thing and I do not.

Quote:
Physical isn't intercourse though. And I do not see why anybody would join the Catholic church. Organized religion is so overrated.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
Well, much as you don't want to hear it, almost all relationships have a physical component to them. If you don't want sex, have you thought about an exciting career in the Catholic Church? There's a serious shortage of priests, you know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships