Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2014, 09:52 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,714,649 times

Advertisements

I love the excuses these people come up with to justify their actions. In the end the result is the same.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2014, 10:09 PM

4,338 posts, read 7,501,047 times
Is your husband OK with this?

Old 03-02-2014, 10:22 PM

22,146 posts, read 33,433,827 times
No situation is so complicated you can't get out. I don't care what you say. Sorry but its bs. You lost the spark then you get out OR you start the flame again. Marriage of convenience for you or your husband or both? I had a long time customer come on to me. Very good looking woman and more than willing and ready to rock my world. Turned her down cold dropped her as a client.

I have witnessed this happen three times with two close friends and the other a family member. One split up confessed, one never said anything still together and the last one the family member confessed/found out but stayed together. The last one was the hardest. On all involved. Husband and the kids. Wife cheated with coworker. Toughest thing to see is a family member wracked with grief thinking what he did wrong. Hearing how the kids were mortified when mom and dad got in fights because one was guilty and the other had no idea what they were doing wrong. I'm glad they worked it out.

It gets more expensive later on. Both emotionally and financially. You're already cheating on him go all the way and end the sham. Sure as s**t it's not a marriage. Why keep yourself in that situation. I GUARANTEE you that this new guy will not be leaving his wife.

And how do you know this guy isn't sweeping a few other women off their feet in different towns? Come on lady. You're a lawyer. You ever heard the term player? What you're feeling is the rush of a new relationship with a new person.You're confusing it with love and romance because your husband isn't doing it anymore and you forgot what that feeling is like. If you and your husband are not having sex with each other you're both having sex with others.

Wait till hubby comes home. Stand there in ONLY a pair of heels with a beer or his favorite drink in your hand. Tell him drink this now F**k this. If he says no he's either gay or cheating on you if he turns you down. Dump him and get on with your life.

Jesus 20 years later I still take my wife out to dinner get her flowers just because, I get her cards or hold her when she's feeling down. I'm just your average caveman and while I'll probably never make the money or have the higher learning a investment guy or a lawyer does I don't much care about that. I would never stay in a marriage of convenience. Even if it was completely in my favor.

Old 03-02-2014, 10:25 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,621,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
And your marriage will never be the same.
How will it be different?

Old 03-02-2014, 10:49 PM

3,158 posts, read 4,582,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotItGoingOn View Post
I've been married for 10 years but recently on a business trip met a man that takes my breath away. He is also married. What is killing me is that we are so connected. We get each other. Sexually, physically, emotionally. We are on the same plane. And we are both in marriages of convenience. Neither one of us can get out of our of our situations.

I am sure I will get the replies of how horrible I am - being married - being with another married man. I get it. I do. I wasn't looking for this. In fact, I would have described my marriage as normal. But the fire had gone out long ago and I just figured it was normal. No one I know who is married this long boasts about their sex life.

But then it just happened. I met this wonderful man who swept me off my feet. Sometimes when I am all alone I question the universe and how this happened. It's actually a cruel twist of fate. Meeting a completely unavailable man and being a completely unavailable woman. But no one said life is fair.

Now I will really get readers angry in that I have NO desire to end this. Rather, I look at my next months calendar and am trying to find the time to meet him. He has expressed his desire to continue our relationship and am actually giddy as a a school girl with anticipation.

My question to anyone reading this is: Have you had an affair? How did it turn out? Was it a long term relationship or a one-night stand?

Nope never had one, because I don't let myself go there! ...It's called lust, of course he perfect, your perfect you two don't see the real you's day in day out! ...Perhaps if you put as much effrot to getting into "YOUR OWN Spouses PANTS" just maybe you both not be looking, the flames would reunite ! ...

Old 03-02-2014, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
Wonderful man you say? Hehehe sorry, but you're so naive.

Good luck.
Agree! A good man/woman doesn't go there! PERIOD ...

Old 03-02-2014, 10:57 PM

8,781 posts, read 9,435,553 times
Been propositioned many times. Turned them all down.. My wife is great and I love her
Best of luck to you on avoiding your real issues.

Old 03-02-2014, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Mechanic View Post
Chris Rock said in one of his stand up routines: "You always get caught".

You WILL get caught. Tinawina hit it right on the head. There will be one slip. Hell, you can be as careful as all hell and HE may slip - forget to delete a text, an email, something stupid. And it'll open the floodgates of an insecure or jealous wife who will ask a friend of hers how to snoop. Before you know it, you may wind up getting angry phone calls from her - what if your husband picks up the phone one day?

The internet is chock full of stories (go to surviving infidelity.com and read the horror stories in the just found out section) - how spouses tried to hide their affairs and got caught. Rarely see anything about how he or she is getting away with it.

Sure, you know the guy - or do you? How do you know he's not a serial cheater? He may be carrying and STD. Explain THAT one to your H.

I've worked with people that are in affairs. It always ends, and ends badly. Some get fired. You willing to risk that?

No one will know, right? Until that one time you're having dinner with him at your secret remote location
and suddenly someone you know sees you two together. Think those odds are high? Think again - its a smaller world than you think.

Sure, go ahead, have your affair. Just be prepared to own your ****.

No one you know boasts about their sex life after 10 years? Lady - after 27 years, the wife and I still have "fantasy night" and at least once a month find a hotel out of the area to get our freak on. I'll book the room, she picks the outfit. Sometimes she'll book the room and I'll pick the outfit. We work on it together. Sounds like something you and your H should do.

Could the W and I have gotten stale and fell into a rut? Yup - actually we did - but we saw it happening and decided to do something about it instead of finding another partner. We didn't take the easy way out and fell to desires with others - we worked hard on it to make it work.

You wanna ruin your life? Go ahead. I'm just telling you there are other options. If it worked for us, it can work for anyone.

Great advice! Agree 32 year married we are still very much in love, in fact it's much deeper, yes we still have a great enjoyably sex life, because we have worked on our relationship throughout the years, you got stay connected ... You need date, do things together, etc, etc ...

Old 03-02-2014, 11:02 PM

102,162 posts, read 107,560,563 times
40 is still young, OP. At 40 your husband should still have plenty of energy for sex. You two should work on your marriage to rekindle that fire. If work leaves you both tired, figure out how to scale back. Plan some weekend romantic getaways. Get counseling if you have to. You two should be having a lot of fun at 40 and with no kids.

Old 03-02-2014, 11:06 PM

8,781 posts, read 9,435,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
40 is still young, OP. At 40 your husband should still have plenty of energy for sex. You two should work on your marriage to rekindle that fire. If work leaves you both tired, figure out how to scale back. Plan some weekend romantic getaways. Get counseling if you have to. You two should be having a lot of fun at 40 and with no kids.
Sounds like they may be to busy working for any of that
Effort in a relationship? Screw that I'm going to work where fate will sweep in the man of my dreams, right out from under the arms of another women no less!

Thanks fate! You really showed me the path to enlightenment and I didn't even have to open my checkbook to make it possible
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships