Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2014, 04:30 PM

13 posts, read 9,654 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Percentage View Post
I'll take the bait....dont you at least want someone that is crazy about you...the way you are about him? I mean, you've made your stance known that you are interested, the onus is on him to recognize it and make a decision. This is part of the reason we are suggesting you focus on your studies. There is plenty of time for boys and besides, in HS, the boys are usually the ones approaching the girls. The last line about "liking him so much...chase him til" is just disturbing. Sounds stalker-ish if you know what i mean.
Of course I wont stalk him nor chase him in that kinda of way people define diefferent things differently but I will be more nice around him and things like that and No guys these days don't want to ask girl's out beause Im seeing it everyday it's always the girl that make the first move. Im focusing on my studies and I have free time and you can't just stop liking someone like that , I've liked him since 5th grade so it's quite alot of time, I wont give up on the things that makes me happy either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2014, 04:35 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,258,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heather's View Post
Yeah that is right. But it takes time and effort to get what you want and I will see how things will get, I wont stalk him or chase him in that way if I bump into him I be polite and maybe smile at him but the guy denied knowing me which is confusing because I know that he knows me, people dont tend to stare at you and smile at you when they dont know who you are or anknowledge you, he is complicated that is why Im so confused. And no he don't do that to others because he is a pretty shy and serious type of a guy and I've heard that he is on of these "hard to get" types.

If he's hard to get this means that he's got his pick of women at school and elsewhere, so best just let him come to you (if he's going to).

Old 03-02-2014, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meh_whatever View Post
I think that it's not typical for guys who are 2 years older than you to be interested in you at your age.

It's very common once you're older for older guys to be interested in you, but if you're a freshman (and are freshmen 17 in Sweden? I need to Google this.) and he's a junior, you will likely seem like a little girl to him. I don't think most high school guys who are older consider girls until they are at least sophomores. Just being straight with you.

You came on a bit strong buying roses, candy, and leaving this secret letter. Why not just say "hello" to the guy? I mean, that's just unusual. Also, how can you be interested enough to purchase roses, candy, etc for a guy you don't seem to ever have had so much as a conversation with?

This is a crush and yeah... you probably made a bit of a fool out of yourself. Just chalk it up to experience and move along... chasing this guy will only make it worse. If he comes around and decides that maybe you're a possible romantic interest, he will tell you without you seeking out this info.

In other words... the ball is in his court.

Carry on about your business, have a crush on him from afar if you like, but otherwise, leave this alone.

ETA: What is "high school" in Sweden? Here, it is ages 14-18, or thereabouts. Perhaps this is the reason people assumed you were very young.
Yeah I know. and we are at the same age but he is one year after me in school. Yeah but it's easier said than done both of us are shy and serious. I know I came on too forward but what do I have to do to fix it?

Old 03-02-2014, 04:41 PM

Highschool in Sweden ahave the age from 15-19 and he is 17 just like me and he is two months older we are 18 this year.

Old 03-02-2014, 05:33 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,258,444 times
Quote:
Yeah I know. and we are at the same age but he is one year after me in school. Yeah but it's easier said than done both of us are shy and serious. I know I came on too forward but what do I have to do to fix it?
You can just back off.

Only way to possibly fix it. Be polite to him if he speaks to you or looks at you, but otherwise, just let it go.

Sounds like you two are okay in regards to age, so that's good. I think you got him embarrassed in front of a group of people is all.

Old 03-02-2014, 06:53 PM

9,724 posts, read 21,235,515 times
I'm older than dirt, but things haven't really changed that much since I was your age. My ex-wife asked me on our first date when she was a freshman and I was a junior too. She was 14 (almost 15) and I was 16 at the time. It was for a Sadie Hawkins event. (Being from Sweden, you may not know about Sadie Hawkins, but you can google it.) She'd been flirting with me for a couple years, but I never took it seriously as she was too young. Anyway, I accepted, and we ended up sweethearts and were married for 27 years.

Many girls did something similar to me what you did for this guy. Most would have someone else give me a note they'd written; one even called and talked to my mother repeatedly. One asked his brother, a good friend of mine, to let me know that she liked me. For the most part, it simply embarrassed me and made me stay clear of them. Do NOT push this too far. He knows you like him. If he's interested he'll let you know. If you persist you'll just drive him away. You told him to contact you if he's interested. Leave it at that. If he does contact you and asks you on a date, accept it, even if you have other plans. (I finally asked out my friend's sister, but she had a babysitting job for that night. I never asked her again, and she was one of the prettiest girls in our school -- but a grade behind me.)

Old 03-02-2014, 07:26 PM

596 posts, read 627,598 times
Quote:
I avoided him thats why he didn't approach me but I like him so if that mean to chase him until I get an answer I will, but the thing is I dont to come off as needy, the last thing I want is to puch him away
I think the mistake you made was avoiding him, after telling him to come talk to you if he's interested. That's confusing! By acting that way, you sent mixed messages, and I'm betting this was his first time being approached so elaborately by a girl, so your behavior afterwards complicates your interest.

I'm only 21 and men still confuse me, but I do know that some things work the same way for men as they do for women...wouldn't you be confused if a guy did that to you?

Old 03-03-2014, 12:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMorena View Post
I think the mistake you made was avoiding him, after telling him to come talk to you if he's interested. That's confusing! By acting that way, you sent mixed messages, and I'm betting this was his first time being approached so elaborately by a girl, so your behavior afterwards complicates your interest.

I'm only 21 and men still confuse me, but I do know that some things work the same way for men as they do for women...wouldn't you be confused if a guy did that to you?
Yeak I'd be confused but still Im really sad that he too sended mixed signals when I gave the things to him cause he was happy infront of his cousin but negative infront the bunch of girls of his parallel class ):

Old 03-03-2014, 01:22 AM

596 posts, read 627,598 times
Quote:
Yeak I'd be confused but still Im really sad that he too sended mixed signals when I gave the things to him cause he was happy infront of his cousin but negative infront the bunch of girls of his parallel class ):
He probably just felt shy because he was placed on the spot; sure he may have felt comfortable around his cousin, but that's family...those girls, are not.

At this point, you showed your interest and from this point forth, I wouldn't do anything that complicates the truth of your interest. If you see him, don't avoid him, acknowledge him. Smile. Wave--not in a way that screams "stage 5 clinger," but one that's sweet, unassuming, and is genuine. The smiling, and "silent" openness will allow him to know where you stand. As for what I mean about a silent "openness," be sweet and simply friendly--let your wave be truly a genuine way of acknowledging that you see him, instead of some "come hither" seduction. Remember, the bold move didn't necessarily work the first time around so tone it down.

You've already tried the aggressive approach, but you didn't stick to your guns and perhaps unintentionally on your part, complicated and confused things.

From this point on, I'd encourage you to be patient, acknowledge his presence when you see him, smile, smile, smile, throw in a few friendly waves, and continue living your life. If he doesn't make an effort to ask you out after you're bold assertion and encouraging gestures, he's not interested. I know, hard pill to swallow but what can you really do at that point other than continue with your life?

Old 03-03-2014, 01:31 AM

639 posts, read 678,699 times
actually guys are pretty simple but their simpleness is what makes them confusing

they're just different from girls so they seem confusing, guys think girls are confusing to..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships