Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2014, 09:23 AM

13 posts, read 9,642 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMorena View Post
He probably just felt shy because he was placed on the spot; sure he may have felt comfortable around his cousin, but that's family...those girls, are not.

At this point, you showed your interest and from this point forth, I wouldn't do anything that complicates the truth of your interest. If you see him, don't avoid him, acknowledge him. Smile. Wave--not in a way that screams "stage 5 clinger," but one that's sweet, unassuming, and is genuine. The smiling, and "silent" openness will allow him to know where you stand. As for what I mean about a silent "openness," be sweet and simply friendly--let your wave be truly a genuine way of acknowledging that you see him, instead of some "come hither" seduction. Remember, the bold move didn't necessarily work the first time around so tone it down.

You've already tried the aggressive approach, but you didn't stick to your guns and perhaps unintentionally on your part, complicated and confused things.

From this point on, I'd encourage you to be patient, acknowledge his presence when you see him, smile, smile, smile, throw in a few friendly waves, and continue living your life. If he doesn't make an effort to ask you out after you're bold assertion and encouraging gestures, he's not interested. I know, hard pill to swallow but what can you really do at that point other than continue with your life?
Thats so right to the point! Thank you and ill do my best
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2014, 09:57 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,913,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heather's View Post
Yeah I know but Im doing that too, realtionships dosent have to always be linked to graduating and studying. And Im 17 an sorry for my bad english Im not english nor American and Im asking for help not advice. Im a mature person but just confused and want some help.
Heather, you have to be brave.

I know it's easier to pass a plate but second hand information is almost never accurate.

If you would have just went up and talked to him instead of having gifts sent second hand, things may have turned out differently.

Old 03-03-2014, 10:08 AM

2,331 posts, read 3,205,479 times
Heather, Guys are confusing BECAUSE you're still in high school, and you have grammar issues. AS others have told you, FOCUS on your studies and boys can happen later. Fyi, Boys like girls who can spell.

Old 03-03-2014, 10:11 AM

52,006 posts, read 52,457,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by midwest61021 View Post
Heather, Guys are confusing BECAUSE you're still in high school, and you have grammar issues. AS others have told you, FOCUS on your studies and boys can happen later. Fyi, Boys like girls who can spell.
Well, in all fairness, she is from Sweden, so her English is pretty good.

Old 03-03-2014, 10:12 AM

596 posts, read 626,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heather's View Post
Thats so right to the point! Thank you and ill do my best
Best wishes!!! If not him, I hope another...and one that is even better

Old 03-03-2014, 10:16 AM

421 posts, read 674,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
I think you need to focus on your studies and graduate then go on to college and focus on your studies then graduate.
After you have matured and finished all your schooling you should start looking to be in a relationship.

I was a nerd in school; so I did not take dating seriously enough. Now I cry at the though of all the opportunities I missed.

Old 03-03-2014, 03:32 PM

13 posts, read 9,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman View Post

I was a nerd in school; so I did not take dating seriously enough. Now I cry at the though of all the opportunities I missed.

Yeah I dont want to live in regret not telling him because fear is temporarily but regeret is a lifetime and it really destroys you, so a rejection is a better pill to swallow than regret that you have to live with the rest of your life. So Yolo and do what you think is right and what you feel for and passionate about, life is short even if its the longest thing you do , Im passionate about both my realtionships and studies. And Im not a girl that just chase, chase ,chase, no Im serious about people and Im inexperienced that is why I did that and I dont regret it but I regret that I didn't talk to him which I will do in the future because I want to make myself clear and not be pushy and maybe even say to him that Im not desperate and If he thought that it was shocking and weird then I aplogize but I thought it was the right oppourtunity to send him these things because it was Valentines day and we kinda celebrate in our Highschool, and futhermore i will just say that the purpose of it all is to make him happy and that Im intrested in being FRIENDS first because you have to have a good base to your realtionships, im not easy and I dont jump in realtionships with guys I dont know and If he dosent see me as more than a friend or even a friend , then its his loss not mine, and in addition I ahve many guys that have a crush on me so it's heartbreaking if he reject me but there is too many fish in the sea to miss one
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships