Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2014, 10:51 PM

596 posts, read 627,971 times

Advertisements

For the men who have been hit on by a woman, what was the best approach, start up line, relationship like prior to her asking you out etc. etc.?

What was the worst approach a woman's ever taken when asking you out?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2014, 11:03 PM

7,400 posts, read 6,373,565 times
I initiated contact with almost all of the men I have dated, including my current partner. I approached him, and things progressed from there. I don't recall a formal "asking out" on a date. It was just a matter of picking a date that worked for both of us.

We met online. I made a comment about his really long profile, longer than mine, which I thought was a nearly impossible feat, and something else he brought up in his profile about dating and attraction.

Old 03-01-2014, 11:31 PM

3,452 posts, read 4,620,994 times
A smile and simple "hello, how are you?" is about all you will need for most men. The ones that are interested will reciprocate.

Old 03-01-2014, 11:43 PM

182 posts, read 195,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usamathman View Post
A smile and simple "hello, how are you?" is about all you will need for most men. The ones that are interested will reciprocate.
Pretty much. I would caution from actually asking him out "Want to ____ sometime". Being so forward will insinuate that you want quick sex. Men like myself want to do the chasing. So smiling and showing interest (keep conversation going) will be enough. Let him think he actually made the move

If it's still not working then focus in on interest/hobbies (like if you must "Oh I love that Sports team). But DON'T be the one to say "Yeah, we should....."

Old 03-02-2014, 12:54 AM

10,216 posts, read 8,310,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMorena View Post
For the men who have been hit on by a woman, what was the best approach, start up line, relationship like prior to her asking you out etc. etc.?

What was the worst approach a woman's ever taken when asking you out?
Women asking a man out is like seeing a unicorn in real life. It doesn't happen.

Old 03-02-2014, 12:56 AM

13,520 posts, read 22,140,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
Women asking a man out is like seeing a unicorn in real life. It doesn't happen.

Unicorns don't believe in you.

Old 03-02-2014, 01:42 AM

n/a posts
A girl asking me out would probably receive an automatic no...just because I like to have and not be had.

Old 03-02-2014, 01:44 AM

458 posts, read 645,247 times
You have to put some effort into your looks to get noticed.
Be ready when a guy suggests something to you. It's a hidden attempt to ask you out without feeling rejection.
It normally starts with a question like "have you ever...?"
Then your answer would be "no I haven't, but I would like to".
This is an open invitation for something greater depending on who's leading and who's paying attention to the hints.

Old 03-02-2014, 02:23 AM

10,930 posts, read 11,730,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharky8828 View Post
Pretty much. I would caution from actually asking him out "Want to ____ sometime". Being so forward will insinuate that you want quick sex. Men like myself want to do the chasing. So smiling and showing interest (keep conversation going) will be enough. Let him think he actually made the move

If it's still not working then focus in on interest/hobbies (like if you must "Oh I love that Sports team). But DON'T be the one to say "Yeah, we should....."
I can't think of a woman who approached me and didn't want "quick sex".

Old 03-02-2014, 05:28 AM

1,706 posts, read 3,310,855 times
I'm impressed by the clear role structure and the activities that emulate this dating game is akin to playing chess or taking over a political dominion. I would worry that if I broke the pattern of engagement I may be found out for who I really am.

The women who have caught my attention and have asked me out have noted my behaviors and my conversations and have picked up threads of the same, interweaving them to show my best qualities and a true interest in knowing me. They have identified character and sensitivity and have keenly attended to my mannerisms as a way of saying they have paid attention.

Someone who reflects 'me' for who I am gets a call-back when they leave their number. And that latter part: it is usually to confirm time for doing something in the future - 'I'd like to get together when you have time, when we can talk, when there is no pressure from circumstance or environment - we will create a place for us to have a similar exchange in the near future.' They have laid out all the groundwork; I simply need to offer date and time, and it will unfold.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships