Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2014, 08:17 AM

42,763 posts, read 52,860,632 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip Mcnealy View Post
Secretly, you're intrigued.
Ahahahahaha!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2014, 08:21 AM

14,375 posts, read 18,374,578 times
Oddly, I'm pretty foul-mouthed and highly tolerant of f-bombs and such, but there IS something bizarre about his word choice. Why on earth was he talking about rubbing one out on a first date??? And taking a dump???? It's the diction and conversation topics of a high school boy.

Captain Underpants all grown up...

Old 03-05-2014, 09:01 AM

1,510 posts, read 2,963,586 times
I don't care if a woman lets a few words slip on a first date, but in the context of a conversation it can be indicative of her command of the English language. There are a lot of other ways to describe a situation or feeling, and I would prefer she give me the same courtesy I give her. After a few dates? I don't mind at all...but then I've gotten to know her a bit better and trust that she can speak intelligently if she wants.

--Dim

Old 03-05-2014, 09:45 AM

1,846 posts, read 2,044,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JrzDefector View Post
Oddly, I'm pretty foul-mouthed and highly tolerant of f-bombs and such, but there IS something bizarre about his word choice. Why on earth was he talking about rubbing one out on a first date??? And taking a dump???? It's the diction and conversation topics of a high school boy.

I drop the F bomb a lot too lol but that's about it.

It's just a word, wish people would get off their damned high horses instead of being stuck up.

Old 03-05-2014, 10:20 AM

42,763 posts, read 52,860,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooplaman View Post
I drop the F bomb a lot too lol but that's about it.

It's just a word, wish people would get off their damned high horses instead of being stuck up.
That's another quarter in the swear jar mister!

SOB!

Arrgh.....one for me.

Old 03-05-2014, 10:35 AM

7,841 posts, read 13,236,113 times
Wow...on a first date AND during dinner no less?!? I'm with you, I'm no prude but there's a time and place. I can't even imagine how some of those things came up like that during a dinner conversation lol

Sounds like he needs this...

Old 03-05-2014, 10:53 AM

48,530 posts, read 34,851,331 times
When I read the title I was thinking "awww, I have a potty mouth" . At certain times I view cuss words as necessary punctuation.

I certainly stay on good behavior on a first date, or at least while into it as appropriate..... but he was just crass. I'm not sure who would think masturbation and poo-ing is appropriate conversation.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 03-05-2014, 10:56 AM

7,400 posts, read 6,370,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JrzDefector View Post

Yes! I make liberal use of colorful language, but his choice of words? Yeah, no.

Old 03-05-2014, 11:14 AM

52,267 posts, read 52,686,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwimGal View Post
I went on a date this weekend with a guy who totally turned me off with his potty mouth. He seemed otherwise to be a good catch, attractive, good job, friendly. But as the night wore on I felt like I was sitting across from someone in the sixth grade.

He used phrases like "taking a dump", "rubbing one out", "banging" and even said "spl**ge" multiple times! I don't know if he was nervous or what, but his choice of words made him so unattractive to me.

So guys, when you're out with a woman, you can be playful, but watch your mouth!!!
A well placed F bomb can and does serves a communication purpose...

That guys sounds like he's got Tourette's sydrome....

Rubbing one out??? Really???

Old 03-05-2014, 11:36 AM

20,764 posts, read 19,972,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HuntFishRepeat View Post
Was he drunk ? or work in Oil /Gas fields ? still shouldn't matter on a first date tho . I guess his mamma forgot to teach him some manners
I went out with a guy who works the oil fields. He had the best manners ever.

OP, maybe he was just nervous. Nervousness can be a b itch
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships