Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-13-2014, 03:34 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,992,952 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
Dating sucks in most big cities.
I find that rather impossible since there should be a fairly large amount of singles in every major city.

I think it would suck if your standards were too damn high and absolutely no one but like half a dozen people might meet them, and finding those half a dozen people all live everywhere in the City.

On top of just going out to areas where a large number of people shop or go to enjoy the weather or what have you, there's probably many, many meet up groups of some sort, and I can't imagine a person not finding one of those hobby groups or whatever not appealing to join, unless you're a complete homebody that has no hobbies other than playing WoW, but I bet there's a meet up group for that, too.

If you've never lived in a small town that's at least an hour away from a city, you don't know how much dating can actually suck. Oh, there's definitely some perks to living in a small town, but dating sure as **** isn't one of those perks, and if you aren't taking advantage those opportunities that are basically in your face the entire time you're in a large city, it's your own damn fault that you aren't actually meeting people you potentially want to date.

Old 04-13-2014, 03:43 PM

3,452 posts, read 4,617,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
I find that rather impossible since there should be a fairly large amount of singles in every major city.

I think it would suck if your standards were too damn high and absolutely no one but like half a dozen people might meet them, and finding those half a dozen people all live everywhere in the City.

On top of just going out to areas where a large number of people shop or go to enjoy the weather or what have you, there's probably many, many meet up groups of some sort, and I can't imagine a person not finding one of those hobby groups or whatever not appealing to join, unless you're a complete homebody that has no hobbies other than playing WoW, but I bet there's a meet up group for that, too.

If you've never lived in a small town that's at least an hour away from a city, you don't know how much dating can actually suck. Oh, there's definitely some perks to living in a small town, but dating sure as **** isn't one of those perks, and if you aren't taking advantage those opportunities that are basically in your face the entire time you're in a large city, it's your own damn fault that you aren't actually meeting people you potentially want to date.

Bronx is usually on point with all of his relationship posts.

If you live in a city like New York then you know that finding dates is about as easy as it can get.

This place has a ton of women who sole objective is casual dating and/or friends with benefits situations.

If you want a meaningful long term relationship....you will have a difficult time finding it here.

Old 04-13-2014, 03:48 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,992,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usamathman View Post

If you live in a city like New York then you know that finding dates is about as easy as it can get.

This place has a ton of women who sole objective is casual dating and/or friends with benefits situations.

If you want a meaningful long term relationship....you will have a difficult time finding it here.
There was no mention of meaningful relationships in his post, which is not what I was responding to. He was speaking of dating. If you're looking to date, and can easily get dates, then dating doesn't suck, because you can find women to date!

Relationships are a completely different matter, because there's a lot more that goes into forming a relationship vs dating, which all it takes to get a date is finding someone who finds you attractive and has the time to date.

Old 04-13-2014, 10:58 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,304,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
There was no mention of meaningful relationships in his post, which is not what I was responding to. He was speaking of dating. If you're looking to date, and can easily get dates, then dating doesn't suck, because you can find women to date!

Relationships are a completely different matter, because there's a lot more that goes into forming a relationship vs dating, which all it takes to get a date is finding someone who finds you attractive and has the time to date.
Isn't dating supposed to be fun? It seems exhausting.

Old 04-14-2014, 07:08 AM

2,625 posts, read 3,413,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
Just when I started to forget about women entirely this very attractive woman came up to me Tuesday. Normally, I thought she was just being friendly at first then a friend told me "That girl was all over you dude!" If he hadn't have said that, I would've thought she was being friendly only. It turns out that he was right, she was interested in me. She said she thought I was a nice guy and was sick of dating douchebags who mistreat her. She invited me to the place she works (Hooters) to watch the Lakers/Clippers game tonight. I keep thinking this is a dream lmao Has this ever happened to you?

I'll have you all know that attractive women approach me, come on to me, throw themselves at me, and proposition me ALL the time . . . in my dreams!!!

As you can see, I am capable of dreaming in both Technicolor and Panavision too.

Old 04-14-2014, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsAll View Post
I'll have you all know that attractive women approach me, come on to me, throw themselves at me, and proposition me ALL the time . . . in my dreams!!!

As you can see, I am capable of dreaming in both Technicolor and Panavision too.
I was approached by Kate Upton in a dream yesterday

Old 04-14-2014, 11:18 AM

42,763 posts, read 52,850,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
I was approached by Kate Upton in a dream yesterday
I had Harry.

Old 04-14-2014, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
I had Harry.
Harry from One Direction? lol

Old 04-14-2014, 11:45 AM

102,210 posts, read 107,859,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usamathman View Post

How much do you want to bet that women in NYC looking for an LTR are saying the same thing about the men?

Old 04-14-2014, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
How much do you want to bet that women in NYC looking for an LTR are saying the same thing about the men?
I always hear that dating in NYC sucks. Is that true?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships