Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2014, 03:32 AM

35,095 posts, read 51,236,769 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Unbelievable! So this is what modern life for teens/20's has come to? OY!

Same "I can't blah, blah, blah (fill in the blank) because I text instead of use my voice to actually speak, live and in person" earth shattering issues, different member name.

I seriously hope very soon those who text all the time learn how to use their voices and speak face to face with other humans very soon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2014, 03:46 AM

6 posts, read 6,349 times
Well I'm in no place to say I'm better off.

But I think I got an idea mapped in my head after going through many missed opportunities over the years.

Even though you talked to her for 4 months on the phone, I think meeting up in person is a whole different ball game. So it could be kind of like starting from scratch in a way.

I think you are a bit nervous about whether she will respond positively if you do approach her face to face.

If I understand where you are coming from, I don't think you have much to worry about.
You could introduce yourself as the guy who's a good friend on the phone. Good way to break the ice I guess.

I think trying to not mess up the first approach is holding you back.
In my opinion, you could take it casually, so that you don't care too much if she doesn't respond positively to you in person.

That way, at least you will approach her and you will know how she will respond.

If you believe that you are going to mess up, think long and hard about why you think you will mess up. Or get someone in real life who will give truthful and honest feedback on why. In that case, you must figure out why and if it's within your control, try to fix it to a level that you are happy with.

Just some thought for you. Sorry if I totally missed your question.

Last edited by grenz; 03-09-2014 at 03:58 AM..

Old 03-09-2014, 04:11 AM

16,961 posts, read 17,337,436 times
Dig very deep, and find some courage!

Basically, man up

Old 03-09-2014, 04:39 AM

11,396 posts, read 24,449,916 times
Send her a text saying you'd like to talk to her in person for a change. Maybe both of you are fairly young and are not ready for a real relationship yet. That's okay.

Start with something simple and socially neutral like working on homework or a class project together. Go to the library together and look at books.

You may be putting too much pressure on yourself by making the transition now, especially if you're not comfortable together in person. Be sure to let her know that you've enjoyed your time as virtual friends, even if reality changes everything else.

It's sort of sweet and modern.

Old 03-09-2014, 06:07 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,299,308 times
I'd say its time to drop the texting with this girl and start some personal interaction or your potential relationship will never happen and you'll end up like 2 ships passing in the night.
Invite her personally (no phone)to some event you both might enjoy, take her to an informal coffee shop after the event,at the end of the day tell her you had fun with her and youd like to do something similar again,take it easy and dont rush it keep it classy, give it about a week then ask her out again, things will either start to fall in place or they wont,
one things for sure it aint ever going to happen over the phone.

Last edited by jambo101; 03-09-2014 at 06:19 AM..

Old 03-09-2014, 08:16 AM

1,351 posts, read 1,598,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monumentus View Post
No you do not. What you need advice on is your view of girls. If you think the way you should talk to girls differs from how you talk to guys - then you are wrong. They are people too. Simply talk to them AS people - like you would to any person.
Yep, what monumentus said.

OP - you are making this WAY harder than it needs to be.

Old 03-09-2014, 08:21 AM

15,013 posts, read 21,650,496 times
When life gives you lemons, just live happily behind a screen.

(I just made that up)

Old 03-09-2014, 08:23 AM

421 posts, read 676,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy-E-654 View Post
We're actually really good friends- when we're texting.
The only thing worse than friend zone is being friend zoned whilst texting.

Old 03-09-2014, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy-E-654 View Post
When we text, I'm practically a stud.
Everyone is.

Old 03-09-2014, 08:25 AM

OP, stop setting yourself up for virtual life only. Get out and talk to real people.

BTW: Stay away from PUA stuff.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships