Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2014, 01:35 PM

1,326 posts, read 1,138,665 times

Advertisements

I think it's kind of weird that she would even tell you that since this is your first date.

Sometimes you can have a really bad period day BUT if she can still go out I would think it's not that bad but anything too extreme may make her feel a little sick and having to be in a roller coaster restraint could be uncomfortable.

It sounds like she is really looking forward to your date. So do the (walking I assume?) tour but skip the roller coaster this time. I always find that the more active I am on mine, the better I feel.

Let us know how it went!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2014, 01:45 PM

168 posts, read 370,118 times
As a female, this is all BS. You can even go to a freaking water park during your period! My daughters are 11 and 12, both just started theirs and it hasn't changed anything for them. She is making excuses and I don't know why.

Old 03-08-2014, 01:47 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,928,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrscandles View Post
As a female, this is all BS. You can even go to a freaking water park during your period! My daughters are 11 and 12, both just started theirs and it hasn't changed anything for them. She is making excuses and I don't know why.
Right, but it's a first date. There's no reason to overthink it or ask questions. All the OP has to do is go along with what she said.

There could be a million reasons for why she said it, ranging from it somehow being the truth to a lie. End of the day, who cares?

Old 03-08-2014, 01:48 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,883,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForLoveOnly View Post
I think it's kind of weird that she would even tell you that since this is your first date.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrscandles;
These.
On the other hand, if she didnt want to see you, she'd have cancelled or re-scheduled the date, if the period were an issue. Something strange is going on. Show her a good time, but don't expect much as a result. Good luck.

Old 03-08-2014, 01:49 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,855,270 times
Beach/tour/dinner sounds awesome.

She was telling you with the period,
A-you aren't getting any
B-warning she may be moody
C-may have cramps
D-Is will to put up with her pain to see you still.

Old 03-08-2014, 01:50 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,200,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEETC View Post
Anything that doesn't involve sports/rollercoaster. I'm not quite sure what rollercoasters have to do with periods, though...

[]
Ever notice where the safety bars go? Right across the lower abdomen. Not exactly where someone who is cramping wants pressure or to have things cutting into her.

You're welcome.

Old 03-08-2014, 01:50 PM

29,745 posts, read 34,383,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrscandles View Post
She is making excuses and I don't know why.
Yeah, playing the P card seems like TMI for a first date. I could see mentioning it maybe a few dates in if they hadn't had sex yet, but as far as other physical activities she should just say she's not feeling up for rollercoasters or whatever.

Old 03-08-2014, 01:52 PM

4,343 posts, read 3,557,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgrape View Post
So I was planning to show her around the city, then some rollercoaster after.
However few hours before the date, she says she is on her period so she can't do sports/rollercoaster.
I told her well we can call it off if you want but she says she is okay as long as no sports/rollercoaster involved.
What do i do? I still plan to take her to a sightseeing spot btw.
In her period? All of the above, but also, just don't do it (if you know what I mean).

Old 03-08-2014, 01:53 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,472,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
Ever notice where the safety bars go? Right across the lower abdomen. Not exactly where someone who is cramping wants pressure or to have things cutting into her.

You're welcome.
Hahaa...ok, that answers my question.

[]

Old 03-08-2014, 01:55 PM

14,375 posts, read 18,372,221 times
Some women get TERRIBLE cramps and whatnot during their periods. It's rare, but it happens. I knew one woman who would get a massive migraine and spend the first 24 hours puking every time she got her period. Some women just get back pains or severe cramping that would make stuff like roller coasters and sports unpleasant. I suspect if she brought this up before the first date, she may be one of these women.

Just keep it low key - it's a first date. Dinner. Coffee. Whatever. It doesn't have to be some grand plan. And chocolates and massages? Um, no. IT'S A FIRST DATE.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships