Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-08-2014, 07:43 PM

5,121 posts, read 6,800,412 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnatomicflux View Post
Anyone else notice no men have posted in two pages since the women started arguing? lol

I was going to say they were the smart ones, but here I am commenting about it.

LOL, I kind of noticed that too. Reminds me of the cliche you see in the movies where the women start arguing and the men slowly back away.

For what it's worth, I feel of it more as debating--like when I used to be in a debate club in high school. Then again, I am nerdy like that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2014, 07:43 PM

2,319 posts, read 3,050,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post
Molli it is only confusing to people who haven't read all the posts.
Posts on here tend to be disjointed, you need to read them all in context with one another.
You took my one post, judged it entirely out of context and you still are doing that. Again I was using the celebrities only as examples of physical attractiveness over 40+, nothing else. Don't read anything else into it.

That being said, it's sexist and unrealistic to think that because we are girls we don't find physical features attractive on men as well as all the other factors I mentioned. Of course we find men attractive in our own ways. But you have to look at the whole package.
Hey this is a much broader problem than what is occurring on an internet board! We claim we want the whole package, but you watch how many women act in public around men and see how they start drooling around super good looking men without knowing anything about them and ignoring the other guys. And I said I've seen SEVERAL posts like that one since January. Frankly I guess I shouldn't give a crap because when I start dating again I don't confuse men by my behavior. But I'm generally not so selfish to just care about myself and not try to address the problem to help others out.

Old 03-08-2014, 07:51 PM

10,520 posts, read 6,157,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molli View Post
Hey this is a much broader problem than what is occurring on an internet board! We claim we want the whole package, but you watch how many women act in public around men and see how they start drooling around super good looking men without knowing anything about them and ignoring the other guys. And I said I've seen SEVERAL posts like that one since January. Frankly I guess I shouldn't give a crap because when I start dating again I don't confuse men by my behavior. But I'm generally not so selfish to just care about myself and not try to address the problem to help others out.
We are not addressing broader problems outside this internet board though are we? We are simply responding to the OP's question.

What is it you are worried about? Women drooling over men? Don't men drool over women too?
Why don't you start your own thread if this is your worry.
This has nothing to do with the OP's question.

Old 03-08-2014, 07:56 PM

532 posts, read 1,176,714 times
It's not hate, more like come see me when you've gotten some more experience and maturity under your belt....

Old 03-08-2014, 07:57 PM

2,319 posts, read 3,050,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post
We are not addressing broader problems outside this internet board though are we? We are simply responding to the OP's question.

What is it you are worried about? Women drooling over men? Don't men drool over women too?
Why don't you start your own thread if this is your worry.
This has nothing to do with the OP's question.

Oh we aren't? Heck and here I thought this board was to discuss actual relationship issues. How damn silly of me . I'm personally not worried about anything, but once again I thought one purpose of the boards was to try to share opinions, resolve problems, etc.

Old 03-08-2014, 08:00 PM

1,341 posts, read 1,626,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BayAreaDave View Post
Like if a woman is 30 she will go for a guy who is 40, but probably be disgusted by the thought of having sex with a 20 year old. What gives? A 30 year old man would have no problem having sex with someone 10 years younger.
Your premise is just not true. Women have certain criteria and it's just that younger men will be less likely to meet that criteria. That's the main thing. This thing also creates another effect where women simply avoid younger men to save themselves time and effort to seek for someone who is more likely to meet their criteria. It's a logical thing.

Stories that younger men "cannot maintaing a relationship" are a joke. Most young men that I met don't want to have the hassle of maintaining the relationship, they rather want to hang out with their friends, get drunk, have fun on their own, etc. Most of young women are doing the same. If you don't like the way they operate, you just can't be with them and you part away, that's all. Relationships are very casual and I'd say women who are 30 y/o simply don't want that anymore, in general. Those that don't reason this way are perfectly okay to date a younger guy and they even hang out in places where younger folks usually gather.

Old 03-08-2014, 08:24 PM

5,121 posts, read 6,800,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Subie2 View Post
It's not hate, more like come see me when you've gotten some more experience and maturity under your belt....
I should have mentioned it too... that it's not hate. Just because a woman prefers someone over someone else, doesn't mean she "hates" the later.

Old 03-08-2014, 09:13 PM

7,400 posts, read 6,365,800 times
I'm just not into or compatible with younger men. We're at completely different stages of life, and most don't do it for me sexually, emotionally or intellectually. When I was in the dating scene my age range was set to 34-44. In the 2+ years I was in the scene I only went out with (one date only) maybe seven men below the age of 35.

Old 03-08-2014, 09:25 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,231,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BayAreaDave View Post
Like if a woman is 30 she will go for a guy who is 40, but probably be disgusted by the thought of having sex with a 20 year old. What gives? A 30 year old man would have no problem having sex with someone 10 years younger.
You have got to be the most clueless guy your age I've encountered here thus far.

Old 03-08-2014, 09:26 PM

52,194 posts, read 52,629,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meh_whatever View Post
You have got to be the most clueless guy your age I've encountered here thus far.
LOL... he's a major greenhorne.......... I give him a break... the wise old chowmaster once was a green grasshopper himself.......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships