Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2014, 12:50 PM

3,452 posts, read 4,618,418 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightRN View Post
That guys are too stuck in their own world looking for super models to look for marriage material and that it will happen when I'm older. But I'm already pushing 30. Just gonna work on my cat collection instead. Cats are easier to understand! If only I wasn't allergic.... I'm more of a dog person anyway. Dog collection it is!

Supermodels are only good for one thing.

Sadly many women have taken on the same mentality as you have.

Believe it or not cats, dogs, casual sex and all that other stuff will never be able to substitute for the love of a great man.

What do you look like physically? Do you have a nice shape?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2014, 12:52 PM

7,372 posts, read 16,015,581 times
I think we've got some matchmaking going on here.

Old 03-09-2014, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodie54 View Post
I am a male from new York,And according to the staticks ther are many more women than men in new York,and I have heard that many women are complaining that they cnnot find a man ,ther are so many happy guys out ther (if you know what I am saying)marriage no way.

NY women are as picky as it comes. That is why so many are lonely.

Old 03-09-2014, 12:57 PM

7,400 posts, read 6,369,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightRN View Post
Incredibly false. Many people tell me that I'm so friendly and approachable because I'm always smiling and welcoming. I make friends but can't get a man to ask me for a date.
Quote:
Originally Posted by usamathman View Post
Incredibly false???

What are your guy friends saying???

What type of places do you go to spend your free time?

Are you making EYE CONTACT with these guys that you are interested in?

Are you putting yourself in position PHYSICALLY for guys to approach or are you always on the run?

Have you ever said hello to a guy that you were interested in?
I get what she's saying, and I've been there. I've been told I look approachable, and while men look and smile at me, some even say hi, being asked for my number or asked out was not a common occurrence (unless it were online).

Sometimes it's difficult to know whether someone is simply being "nice" or showing actual interest. Especially if it's a place of business. Places I've frequented and see the same people, and have gotten looks, compliments (tattoos, especially) and friendly vibes, but nothing in the way of asking me out.

However, since I much prefer online to offline dating, it's a non-issue.

Old 03-09-2014, 01:08 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,733,496 times
So...in a nutshell, it's womens fault that some men can't get dates.

Or, you know, maybe it's that crappy attitude that you have.

Old 03-09-2014, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaphysique View Post
I get what she's saying, and I've been there. I've been told I look approachable, and while men look and smile at me, some even say hi, being asked for my number or asked out was not a common occurrence (unless it were online).

Sometimes it's difficult to know whether someone is simply being "nice" or showing actual interest. Especially if it's a place of business. Places I've frequented and see the same people, and have gotten looks, compliments (tattoos, especially) and friendly vibes, but nothing in the way of asking me out.

However, since I much prefer online to offline dating, it's a non-issue.

Guys probably assume you are taken. I have done that in the past. Even the most confident of men sometimes miss.

Old 03-09-2014, 01:13 PM

7,400 posts, read 6,369,217 times
Quote:
Guys probably assume you are taken. I have done that in the past. Even the most confident of men sometimes miss.
Funnily, I said the same thing to my BF. I told him yesterday that if I saw him out in public I would certainly make eye contact and smile, but wouldn't approach because I would have assumed he was unavailable. He said he would have done the same, look and smile, but not approach. He's much too shy to do that.

Old 03-09-2014, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaphysique View Post
Funnily, I said the same thing to my BF. I told him yesterday that if I saw him out in public I would certainly make eye contact and smile, but wouldn't approach because I would have assumed he was unavailable. He said he would have done the same, look and smile, but not approach. He's much too shy to do that.

Funny how things work between men and women. As a man I have been approached and asked out by 3 or 4 women in my lifetime. It was very very refreshing to not have to be the one to initiate for a change.
Most men I know would see no problem with a woman showing a little bit of interest. Just makes our job a little bit easier. If he likes what he sees in you, then you won't need to do much to get his attention.

Old 03-09-2014, 01:31 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,733,496 times
Quote:
Did you even read any of the last 8 posts? What are you talking about?

For the record...ALL MEN have options. May not be the exact woman that they want to be with but THEY ALL HAVE OPTIONS. Some are just to insecure to see it.
My apologies, that was in reference to a post that said women are too picky and need to make up their minds.

Old 03-09-2014, 01:50 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,200,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryManback View Post
Most men would gladly accept an invitation to a date even if they didn't think the woman was good-looking. Contrast that to most women, who would find the vast majority of men physically unattractive and/or not rich enough and thus not worth a single date. We have a lot of men giving up on dating due to rejection. I know there probably exists a woman who I find attractive and who wouldn't reject me, but since I'm 0 for 3, I constantly doubt myself and am afraid of striking out more because it'll further compound my lack of confidence.
0 for 3? You've only asked out three women? How old are you? Because being 0 for 3 should not be something that determines the fate of your lovelife.

As for the folks who are saying women should know what they want, well, so should men. The problem is that it is far, far easier to know what you don't want than what you do. I mean, we all want the honest, fun, attractive partner who has common values and goals and is good in bed. Who wouldn't? Your dealbreakers are what counts. The rest is all chemistry.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships