Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2014, 11:13 AM

135 posts, read 150,251 times

Advertisements

Okay, I'm gonna make a long story short. I'm a 25 year old dude who has never had any real dating success even though I have a decent amount of things going for me (decent looking, stylish, make a great income, etc...). I have struggled with confidence and shyness issues for years

So I met just a stunning 21 year old on Thursday that I'm crazy about. We have everything in common and she is just awesome. We texted all day Friday and then went on an awesome date last night. We feel so comfortable with one another and I went in to kiss her last night and the kiss was absolutely electrifying...she is an amazing kisser. I am head over heels for this girl already. She is perfect physically...fantastic body and face. Her personality is absolutely spot on as she has everything in common with me. Her character so far is great. We went on the date and she offered hard to pay a couple times even though she makes 1/7th my income (I didn't let her pay for anything). I was also at the bar with a few of my friends and she loved my friends and my friends loved her

Anyways, do you guys have any advice for me? The moons just seem to be aligned for me. My biggest concern is that I'm trying hard not to be clingy or come across too strong. I'm a masculine guy so I want to be myself and let her come to me instead of forcing things. It's scaring the hell out out of me how quickly I'm falling for her
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2014, 11:18 AM

7,400 posts, read 6,368,374 times

Just take everything as it comes, and hopefully everything will continue to progress smoothly.

Old 03-09-2014, 11:25 AM

n/a posts
it's always merry at first...but wait till you're a couple months in. it's called infatuation...'falling for her'...you don't even know her haha.

but don't listen to me...i'm a cynic. why haven't you proposed yet, hmm?

also your username is an anagram for crazy, i like it haha.

Old 03-09-2014, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
it's always merry at first...but wait till you're a couple months in. it's called infatuation...'falling for her'...you don't even know her haha.

I was trying to make my username Cyrax as in the Mortal Kombat character, hahahaa I love MK

Old 03-09-2014, 11:29 AM

19,969 posts, read 30,213,440 times
make sure she doesnt have a set of balls, before you fall too deeply-

outside of that ,, good luck!

Old 03-09-2014, 11:33 AM

102,210 posts, read 107,859,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post

This is true. You've only had one date, so all you have is a first impression of her personality. You don't know what she's like as a steady presence. You don't know if she's high-maintenance, a cheater, or whatever. But with luck, it'll all work out. As far as the fear about how fast you're falling for her, tell yourself you don't really know her. You don't know what surprises might lurk beneath the surface. Just tell yourself that, to calm yourself down and get your feet out of the clouds and back on the ground.

Old 03-09-2014, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
This is true. You've only had one date, so all you have is a first impression of her personality. You don't know what she's like as a steady presence. You don't know if she's high-maintenance, a cheater, or whatever. But with luck, it'll all work out. As far as the fear about how fast you're falling for her, tell yourself you don't really know her. You don't know what surprises might lurk beneath the surface. Just tell yourself that, to calm yourself down and get your feet out of the clouds and back on the ground.

I drive a $50,000 sports car that she knows about (saw me driving it first time we met - Audi A5) and she is a college student. If she was high maintenance, she wouldn't have offered hard several times to pay for order of drinks last night

But I agree with what you're saying. I don't know her all that well. It's just very hard for me to resist the avalanche of emotions I'm getting

Old 03-09-2014, 11:36 AM

48,519 posts, read 34,833,342 times
Don't build her so far up in your mind, that she has no place to go but down in reality.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 03-09-2014, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Don't build her so far up in your mind, that she has no place to go but down in reality.

I don't think I'm building her up in my mind. I'm judging her based on what she has presented to me so far and it's all fantastic

Old 03-09-2014, 11:39 AM

48,519 posts, read 34,833,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyraz View Post
I don't think I'm building her up in my mind. I'm judging her based on what she has presented to me so far and it's all fantastic
I'm very happy for you, it's an amazing feeling.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships