Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2014, 10:08 PM

1,500 posts, read 1,772,466 times

Advertisements

Yeah he's a user. It'll only get worse.

Old 03-09-2014, 10:15 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,728,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
Zen, "no" means no. That's all that jackass needs to know.

Mod cut: Orphaned.
I think in reality we are talking about two completely separate and unrelated issues here.

1. No definitely means no.

2. Women who don't want to have sex with their date should be considerate enough to not share a bed with him, or at least make sure all is understood and agreed way beforehand. Go home or sleep on the sofa. Don't dangle the bait. It's rude.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 03-19-2014 at 11:02 PM..

Old 03-09-2014, 10:29 PM

12,773 posts, read 14,983,025 times
OhSherry, I've posted here already tonight, but in the future, please don't be so quick to have sex with a guy. Get to know him well for at least 6 mos first & if he can't wait even that long, oh well! Sure, it would be nice if men these days can wait a year, but unfortunately not many guys are willing to wait that long. Just so you know where I'm coming from, I was raised with old-fashioned values by strict parents who didn't let me date until I was 18 & graduated from high school. I was also raised to not have sex before marriage, but I know that's tough in this day & age.

Old 03-09-2014, 10:38 PM

59 posts, read 53,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Blue View Post
OhSherry, I've posted here already tonight, but in the future, please don't be so quick to have sex with a guy. Get to know him well for at least 6 mos first & if he can't wait even that long, oh well! Sure, it would be nice if men these days can wait a year, but unfortunately not many guys are willing to wait that long. Just so you know where I'm coming from, I was raised with old-fashioned values by strict parents who didn't let me date until I was 18 & graduated from high school. I was also raised to not have sex before marriage, but I know that's tough in this day & age.
Not true, when I'm in a relationship I would ask once and if she says no I will drop it and wont ask her for three months. Then I'd ask once again and if it's no, I'd drop it and won't ask for another three months. A true man will respect a ladies wishes and respect her like a rare pearl.

Old 03-09-2014, 10:45 PM

2,335 posts, read 4,151,341 times
Quote:
Get to know him well for at least 6 mos first & if he can't wait even that long, oh well! Sure, it would be nice if men these days can wait a year, but unfortunately not many guys are willing to wait that long.
It was a long time ago, but I waited 6 months with the girl that I eventually married, so we're out there (and I am not a prude by any stretch). I wanted our first time to be special, and it was.

Sorry to hear about your experience OP.

Old 03-09-2014, 10:53 PM

7,400 posts, read 6,369,217 times
Quote:
I would absolutely NOT wait six months. Mod cut: inappropriate language. If there's strong, intense chemistry, there's no way I'm waiting a month, much less six months. While my father would have preferred I waited until marriage (because that was his religious belief), I was primarily raised by my mother, and she was very open about sex, and never imposed any strict rules regarding it.

The sexually reserved and prudish types do not interest me, and I find such beliefs and views about sex to be very damaging in the long run.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 03-19-2014 at 11:06 PM..

Old 03-09-2014, 10:53 PM

49 posts, read 60,502 times
Quote:
We knew each other for two years before we started casually dating.

Old 03-09-2014, 10:55 PM

2,319 posts, read 3,051,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhSherry View Post
We knew each other for two years before we started casually dating.
Is "Casually dating" a code word for having sex and is he knows I'm not in a committed relationship a code word for I am having sex with multiple men? I am like in another generation here!

Old 03-09-2014, 10:57 PM

7,400 posts, read 6,369,217 times
Casual dating refers to non-exclusivity. It means either party are free to date or are dating other people.

Old 03-09-2014, 10:59 PM

49 posts, read 60,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
I think in reality we are talking about two completely separate and unrelated issues here.

1. No definitely means no.

2. Women who don't want to have sex with their date should be considerate enough to not share a bed with him, or at least make sure all is understood and agreed way beforehand. Go home or sleep on the sofa. Don't dangle the bait. It's rude.
Sex should be a mutually agreed upon activity. Anyone and everyone has the right to say no, no matter what.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships