Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2014, 09:41 PM

11,157 posts, read 13,995,357 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyraz View Post
so give me some real info here

Can you approach women and get a date a good percentage of the time? Do those dates turn into anything?
I cold approached my wife. We're married now!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2014, 09:43 PM

2,319 posts, read 3,049,829 times
How are you at dancing?

Old 03-11-2014, 09:46 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,838,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
What did you say to get her?

Old 03-11-2014, 09:48 PM

11,157 posts, read 13,995,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
What did you say to get her?
"Hi, how are you?"

Old 03-11-2014, 09:50 PM

135 posts, read 150,219 times
Quote:

GJDM

(that's good job dave man for those who are internetz illiterate)

Old 03-11-2014, 11:35 PM

102,183 posts, read 107,774,599 times
Quote:
"Hi, how are you?"
Exhibit A. ^^^ Like we keep saying, it doesn't really matter what you say. Just say anything. Just get the ball rolling.

Old 03-11-2014, 11:51 PM

543 posts, read 533,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooplaman View Post
I agree with this, and I will add the fact that you need to be SOCIAL and put yourself out there. Have fun when you cold approach don't go out just with the purpose of talking to women. Go with the purpose of having fun, and meet women within that frame.

Cold approaching is not just for good looking guys, I totally disagree with average male on that point. You can do just as well just have the confidence, personality, and charisma and you will be fine.
I certainly don't associate those two items.

Old 03-12-2014, 12:20 AM

8,301 posts, read 13,434,842 times
Quote:
"Hi, how are you?"
Dang it, that is where I must have been screwing up all this time!

I usually say something like "You got a purtty mouth!" or "You make me really horny!"

I guess I need to revise my pickup lines a bit?

Seriously though, most guys think there is this magic or secret that they need to find out. Secret is opening your mouth and saying a few simple, sincere words to get the ball rolling.

My routine is simple, if she gave me a look or done something and caught my attention:
- Approach and say something like "Hello, my name is xxxxx" Don't ask hers, see if she willfully and easily shares hers as well or not.
Try to read her body language, women will typically get all defensive and cautious when you cold approach them, that is natural. If she doesn't seem nervous and instead starts chatting away, then you got lucky, there is no ice to break!

Generally though, I know from past relationship, they all thought I was cute when they saw me but man, most of them were playing hard to get initially! I find girl who give me just enough attention but also play hard to get a bit, a fine line between being playfully hard-to-get and stuck up. Same goes for guys about being confident and cocky, you don't have to say a lot or be cracking jokes all the time, even an introvert can be confident and charming.

In my younger days, when I actually gave a crap and tried, I would get shot down or hit a wall most of my attempts. Some were cold chicks but sometimes I would blow it too. You have to expect 99% failure rate and learn to suck it up and keep moving forward like nothing happened. It is much easier said than done but only then you have a chance to realize your faults and start correcting them.
You don't get the showroom shine with the first application of polish!

I know it sounds like preaching but it is true. Do it while you are younger though because when you start getting older, crankier and lazier, you will start making excuses not to approach anyone!

Old 03-12-2014, 05:47 AM

1,846 posts, read 2,043,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flathead4 View Post
I certainly don't associate those two items.
Then that's something you have to work on!

Old 03-12-2014, 07:08 AM

16,391 posts, read 30,917,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyraz View Post
What do you think you do that separates you from everybody else?

How do you meet women? Do you cold approach? Are you able to strike up a 15-20 minute conversation with a random woman and get a date in many cases?

1. I just talk to people and enjoy their company.
2. I don't get attached
3. I don't give a crap what women think about me
4. I have 0 fear of rejection

I'm not by any means a "master" at dating lol.. but I do pretty good for myself.

There's really not much more to it than that. People try to make it way more difficult and confusing than it really is. When you realize other people's approval is nothing and you stop trying to impress others.. it all becomes easy. Life in general does.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships