Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2014, 09:34 PM

1,846 posts, read 2,044,088 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyraz View Post
how the hell do you have charisma in OLD?

Charisma is all about confidence and poise in body language and tone of voice, none of which exist in OLD
What is OLD?

And something tells me you have been reading too much PUA stuff?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2014, 09:35 PM

135 posts, read 150,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooplaman View Post
What is OLD?

And something tells me you have been reading too much PUA stuff?

Online dating

PUA stuff? read any book about winning people over. They all tell you confidence is 93% non verbal

Old 03-11-2014, 09:39 PM

106 posts, read 103,171 times
lose 20lbs, it will show on your face; get pic with you hanging out with buddies, get a pic dressed going out, do a selfie with other good looking women, get a pic with you being outdoorsy, doing something fitness, having fun, or traveling. your pics must show you are a socially active person otherwise the creep meter is on. and it may take a while (1-2years), but you have to work on improving your pics, profile description, and online dating game. women notice the details.

and that just makes you competitive. get an instagram account and start building it so that you can share and show you pics are current. and don't make it your sole source for meeting and going out. treated like an extra source. practice taking them from online messaging to text in 2-3 messages, even with text apps like textnow, etc where they don't have to use their own cell. once texting it is easier to build rapport. i've discovered that spending sometime getting to know them on text definitely helps remove the concerns about meeting some random guy on a dating site.

Old 03-11-2014, 09:39 PM

1,846 posts, read 2,044,088 times
Quote:
Online dating

PUA stuff? read any book about winning people over. They all tell you confidence is 93% non verbal
Are you doing online dating because you are too scared to approach women in social situations?

You have opened a lot of threads with the same subject matter. I am starting to think you might be a bit insecure? Am I right?

Old 03-11-2014, 09:43 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,838,486 times
You are fine Op. Go ahead and try it.

Old 03-11-2014, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moejackson View Post
lose 20lbs, it will show on your face; get pic with you hanging out with buddies, get a pic dressed going out, do a selfie with other good looking women, get a pic with you being outdoorsy, doing something fitness, having fun, or traveling. your pics must show you are a socially active person otherwise the creep meter is on. and it may take a while (1-2years), but you have to work on improving your pics, profile description, and online dating game. women notice the details.

and that just makes you competitive. get an instagram account and start building it so that you can share and show you pics are current. and don't make it your sole source for meeting and going out. treated like an extra source. practice taking them from online messaging to text in 2-3 messages, even with text apps like textnow, etc where they don't have to use their own cell. once texting it is easier to build rapport. i've discovered that spending sometime getting to know them on text definitely helps remove the concerns about meeting some random guy on a dating site.

I have heard a LOT of women say that they don't like pictures of you with other guys, and most certainly other women

I agree on the 20 LBS - I'm actually doing about 30 lb weight loss cause I want to get down to 8-10% body fat (which should make a huge difference in terms of how lean my face looks))

Overall I agree with some of what you're saying but I think you may be going a little overboard. I can't imagine it being necessary to have more than 3-4 pictures

Old 03-11-2014, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooplaman View Post
Are you doing online dating because you are too scared to approach women in social situations?
I don't meet women in social situations much anymore

I had a somewhat rare opportunity in that regard last Thursday, actually felt that I did a great job, got a date out of it, went on the date and had a great time but it still went nowhere (see: my 2 threads about it)

I would much much rather prefer to do dating in real life but OLD seems to be a necessary evil. I can't keep getting dates so infrequently

Old 03-11-2014, 09:50 PM

7,400 posts, read 6,365,800 times
OP, first decide what type of woman you're trying to attract and go from there. If you're targeting a certain demographic it may serve you well to construct a profile that will appeal to this group. However, it must be genuine. If your profile isn't specific it can hurt more than help your chances.

If you're just looking in the casual sense then it likely wouldn't matter, but the content matters a lot depending on your target audience.

Old 03-11-2014, 09:51 PM

7,489 posts, read 4,949,345 times
I think your picture is fine, but it would give a better impression if it didn't look like you were alone in a restaurant. I tried online dating a couple of years ago and it wasn't the personal photos that put me off. The right personality, sense of humour, ability to discuss various topics, sincerity ... that's what makes a difference. A couple of guys actually sent me photos of their body parts, when I wasn't expecting it, and even if I was expecting it, those kind of photos ... they were just wrong. One phrase that sent me running was "Hello Ladies". Something about the word "ladies" seemed corny and insincere. Another thing that puts up the wall is guys that are looking for the hook up ... the serial hook up guy ... the guy that thinks a dinner out means he's going to get lucky. Guys that like to move too fast are typically trouble. Good luck with it.

Old 03-11-2014, 09:52 PM

106 posts, read 103,171 times
Quote:
I have heard a LOT of women say that they don't like pictures of you with other guys, and most certainly other women

I agree on the 20 LBS - I'm actually doing about 30 lb weight loss cause I want to get down to 10% (which should make a huge difference in terms of how lean my face looks))

Overall I agree with some of what you're saying but I think you may be going a little overboard. I can't imagine it being necessary to have more than 3-4 pictures
i've never head any complaints about having too many pics, at least mine.

and though i've had some comment of my pics with other women, i get so many more that say i look like a fun guy. i've been doing this "social proof" pics (being social with other people) for over 10 years now, and sorry it's paid off time and time again. but to each his own, truly, because in the end it's about discovering what works for you. good luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships