Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2014, 10:48 PM

1,823 posts, read 2,845,939 times

Advertisements

I went out for dinner and drinks with an old coworker. We hadn't seen each other in a couple years and wanted to catch up. He and I had always been friendly, nothing more.

Over dinner, I learned that he has been dating someone for the past couple of years and they have been living together in a rented condo in the suburbs. They aren't engaged, but are planning on becoming engaged soon. He said they had hit a couple of rocky spots in their relationship over the past year, but they went to couple's therapy and made real progress. I expressed how happy I was for him that they had worked it out.

He told me he could stay at him and his girlfriend's place, in the guest room, so I wouldn't have to drive tipsy. I was appreciative. I was looking forward to meeting the girlfriend, until he told me she was traveling in another state for work.

We got to his place, I went to bed in the guest room. I was almost asleep when he came in, got into bed with me and started trying to hook up with me. I was appalled that he would do something like this, in the very place that him and his girlfriend were living in together. I told him that what he was doing was inappropriate and that I'd have no part in it. Then I left, bided some time at a coffee shop, and got home safely.

My question is - would you tell the girlfriend what happened? I don't know her and have never met her, but I know how to get in touch with her. If I were in her shoes, I would want to know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2014, 10:53 PM

4,523 posts, read 3,406,471 times
I would tell her, I know I'd want to know. I mean, she's about to be engaged to him soon.

Old 03-11-2014, 11:24 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,202,346 times
I'd want to know if I was about to get engaged to a cheater.

Gee, I'm beginning to see why people keep their cell phones with them at all times. It would have been great to take a few pix of the interior of the condo to prove that you had been there.

Old 03-11-2014, 11:41 PM

61,711 posts, read 87,123,005 times
Why did you went to his place KNOWING that his girlfriend was traveling in another state???
Absolutely unacceptable!

Old 03-11-2014, 11:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
Why did you went to his place KNOWING that his girlfriend was traveling in another state???
Absolutely unacceptable!
It is in no way unacceptable. We were work FRIENDS. We had worked together for years with NO hint of sexual attraction on his part. If anything he was like a brother to me.

I love how you are painting ME as the bad guy. Classy.

Old 03-12-2014, 12:39 AM

26 posts, read 34,198 times
I don't think that going to his place, knowing his GF is not around and tipsy was a good idea.

Bad for you to be in a such situation but hey you'll save a girl's future from being with a cheater. So please tell his

GF, poor girl is about to get engaged.

Old 03-12-2014, 12:41 AM

4,038 posts, read 4,863,922 times
He had drinks, but he drove anyway? Do you know what happens to dudes' inhibitions under the influence of alcohol? Why did you have drinks, knowing you'd have to drive home?

There's something jivey about this story.

Old 03-12-2014, 12:43 AM

395 posts, read 546,340 times
No. Keep your mouth shut. Walk away and never speak to the loser again. You have been involved enough with him.

Old 03-12-2014, 12:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbiePoster View Post
He had drinks, but he drove anyway? Do you know what happens to dudes' inhibitions under the influence of alcohol? Why did you have drinks, knowing you'd have to drive home?

There's something jivey about this story.
No. We walked from the restaurant to his place. It's not far from the center of town.

I equated staying over his house with staying over the house of an old female coworker, or even a male cousin. I even thought he was gay for a period of time when we worked together. That is how comfortable I felt with this guy and how much I did not suspect he would ever try what he tried. I thought there was trust there.

Old 03-12-2014, 12:56 AM

639 posts, read 678,780 times
I think you should tell her, In future its make any big problem or create a misunderstanding, before that its better to tell her...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships