Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2014, 09:23 AM

10,216 posts, read 8,272,181 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillabean View Post
I am younger than you... but it seems like something happened in the past 15 years where people either lost all control of themselves and just have sex all the time with anyone and don't care... or they are making this stuff up.

There was a thread around here that say you should multiply every woman's number by 10 or 5 or something... seriously! It put my relatively low number in the double digits! And such an idea would make women every woman who waited for marriage suddenly some kind of sex vixen. I just find it weird that it's hard for some people to believe that not everyone sleeps around with just anyone. Not everyone is into meaningless "recreational" sex. And if you show them numbers to back it up, they claim everyone who answered with a low number is lying (especially if they are women).
I couldn't have sex with a random woman who I didn't know. Then again, I haven't had sex yet lol.

Old 03-13-2014, 09:27 AM

5,121 posts, read 6,778,252 times
Mod cut: Orphaned.

I forgot to answer the OP... it's not wrong for a guy to dump someone for any preference reason... just like it's not wrong for anyone to dump anyone else for a preference reason. A person can't really control or "overcome" their preferences, they just are what they are. Especially ones centered in morals.

Now, where he could go "wrong" is if he did it a cruel or such. Just as "sl*t shaming" or calling her out in front of a bunch of people. But it doesn't sound like he did that. The way I would say is a good way to tell is to just say privately, "this isn't going to work, this relationship is over" and left it at that.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 03-13-2014 at 06:55 PM..

Old 03-13-2014, 09:29 AM

41,938 posts, read 36,759,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
I have a friend who approached a very attractive woman. However he found out she had slept with 10 men and dumped her. He told me "I don't date women who have slept around." In your opinion, do you think it is unfair and wrong for a man to do this?

I think it is great for the woman that he did this. It saved her from dating a clueless jerk.

Old 03-13-2014, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
I think it is great for the woman that he did this. It saved her from dating a clueless jerk.
And again how does this make him a jerk?

Old 03-13-2014, 09:41 AM

14,376 posts, read 18,281,045 times
My god, he's an idiot. But he did this woman a favor. Bullet dodged.

But honestly? If I was friends with someone who thought this way, they probably wouldn't stay my friend for very long. He doesn't sound like the quality of person I would want to count as a friend - if he walks away from a woman solely because she's slept with a perfectly average number of men for anyone over 25 or so, is he really the kind of person you can count on or talk to about your personal problems and concerns?

It just betrays a rather narrow mind and a certain shallowness.

As others have said, it is absolutely his RIGHT to make this choice. But keep in mind that choices and the actions that stem from them can often be very revealing about someone's character.

Old 03-13-2014, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JrzDefector View Post
My god, he's an idiot. But he did this woman a favor. Bullet dodged.

But honestly? If I was friends with someone who thought this way, they probably wouldn't stay my friend for very long. He doesn't sound like the quality of person I would want to count as a friend - if he walks away from a woman solely because she's slept with a perfectly average number of men for anyone over 25 or so, is he really the kind of person you can count on or talk to about your personal problems and concerns?

It just betrays a rather narrow mind and a certain shallowness.

As others have said, it is absolutely his RIGHT to make this choice. But keep in mind that choices and the actions that stem from them can often be very revealing about someone's character.
We have been friends since middle school. He can reject a woman for anything, even if it is shallow as hell. At the end of the day we all have preferences. I won't stop being his friend for it.

Old 03-13-2014, 09:58 AM

1,846 posts, read 2,038,038 times
I find it funny that the guy has a preference and lives by it and he is the one REJECTING the woman. Yet people are trying to make it seem like she was the one that came out on top. As if his one preference defines him as a person, pathetic that this is the type of judgmental mindset being peddled.

Old 03-13-2014, 10:02 AM

3,391 posts, read 4,465,801 times
Quote:
How does that make him a moron?
It makes him a moron because it is a double standard. Do you think any man alive would turn down a sexual opportunity for fear of accumulating "too many" partners?

Old 03-13-2014, 10:04 AM

3,391 posts, read 4,465,801 times
Quote:
We have been friends since middle school. He can reject a woman for anything, even if it is shallow as hell. At the end of the day we all have preferences. I won't stop being his friend for it.
Oh, God, I am so sick of that word--"preference." It is prejudice, not preference.

Old 03-13-2014, 10:08 AM

11,756 posts, read 11,955,320 times
Quote:
I have a friend who approached a very attractive woman. However he found out she had slept with 10 men and dumped her. He told me "I don't date women who have slept around." In your opinion, do you think it is unfair and wrong for a man to do this?
I'm still wondering how he'd know what the truth is, or why he even asked in the first place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships