Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2014, 11:47 AM

438 posts, read 1,530,833 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindersslipper View Post
Uh you.

By not accepting reality.
I don't even know what are you talking about??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2014, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
I say wrong, wrong on this. It's precisely the strong women who need/want a strong man. If she's spacing you out this much, it means she isn't going home dreaming about you, which is what girls do when they are smitten. She may like your company, but I'd say so far you have not been generating those chemicals that make her tingle when she sees your number in her phone, and that's (IMO) because there's not enough male/female polarity because you are being passive and letting her lead the relationship.

I would also disgree about not showing "signs". It's a vibe - do you send out a confident and comfortable in your skin vibe, or a nervous "I hope I can say the right thing" vibe? The feeling shows, even if the words don't. When we're attached to outcome, we tend to think about what we are going to say, measure our responses to match the other...preventing her from getting to know YOU and that will be a turn off, too.
I don't think she's in need of a "strong man", I think she has a busy social life and just really values her time with friends and family and doesn't want to be spending a lot of time dating, texting or talking on the phone. She's been spacing me out from the first moment I contacted her so it's nothing new. She probably spaces everyone out.

I don't act nervous when around her I'm just a trying to gauge where I'm at with her. I'm calm, cool and collected and we seem to enjoy each others company,but the whole spacing me out gets me wondering a bit, is she actually dating a bunch of other guys? I'm not used to it, all the other girls I've met were just the opposite with contact via text at least once every 3 days.

I'm planning on texting her tonight, it's been 5 days since I last saw/contacted her. If she says she's busy next week I'm probably gonna move on. Another girl messaged me, I have better things to do than wait around for one girl that always wants to put me on ice.

Last edited by Lost Leaf; 03-23-2014 at 12:08 PM..

Old 03-23-2014, 02:47 PM

50,695 posts, read 36,402,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost Leaf View Post
I don't think she's in need of a "strong man", I think she has a busy social life and just really values her time with friends and family and doesn't want to be spending a lot of time dating, texting or talking on the phone. She's been spacing me out from the first moment I contacted her so it's nothing new. She probably spaces everyone out.

I don't act nervous when around her I'm just a trying to gauge where I'm at with her. I'm calm, cool and collected and we seem to enjoy each others company,but the whole spacing me out gets me wondering a bit, is she actually dating a bunch of other guys? I'm not used to it, all the other girls I've met were just the opposite with contact via text at least once every 3 days.

I'm planning on texting her tonight, it's been 5 days since I last saw/contacted her. If she says she's busy next week I'm probably gonna move on. Another girl messaged me, I have better things to do than wait around for one girl that always wants to put me on ice.
Women who have fallen for a man, women who are very attracted to a man...don't space dates out like this, they make room no matter what. This is truth, you can believe it or not.

You asked a question, and then rationalize the answers away. if you'd had a lot of success in the past with your ability to get and keep women interested, you wouldn't be asking at all, so maybe opening your mind rather than defending what hasn't worked might get you better results.

Old 03-23-2014, 03:10 PM

11,783 posts, read 12,020,964 times
Quote:

I wouldn't bother. And I wouldn't care if she was seeing others or not. Neither of you is into the other, so let it go. If you were into each other, you wouldn't go days without contact, and neither of you would be so wishy-washy about making plans.

Don't keep on just because she was willing to go out with you once or twice. Find someone who makes you want to reach out, not count the days before it's socially acceptable enough to contact her again, and that someone wants to see you rather than put you off a week at a time. I don't see anything in what you've written that is worth an ounce more of your time and effort in pursuing.

Old 03-23-2014, 03:15 PM

1,846 posts, read 2,043,938 times
If a woman legitimately likes you she will make room in her schedule for plans with you. Even if she can't do it the day you suggested she will offer an alternative.

Old 03-23-2014, 03:17 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,915,835 times
Quote:

I've got to admit man, it's not looking good. Most girls who are in to you don't really act like this.

If it's been that long and she hasn't made the effort to contact you.. just forget her. It's not really worth your time. You said you're talking to another girl.. just go with that.

Don't make a big scene out of it... but make your effort with her basically 0. Don't text or call her. You've done enough, move on. She's not that special, no one is.

I've had girls that are head over heels for me and girls that pull that crap on me that she's doing. The ones that pull that stuff are never really interested. I've learned to detect it really quick, they aren't worth your time. Dating is way more fun when the girl is actually excited to talk to you. Why put yourself through that?

Old 03-23-2014, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
Women who have fallen for a man, women who are very attracted to a man...don't space dates out like this, they make room no matter what. This is truth, you can believe it or not.

You asked a question, and then rationalize the answers away. if you'd had a lot of success in the past with your ability to get and keep women interested, you wouldn't be asking at all, so maybe opening your mind rather than defending what hasn't worked might get you better results.
I've never made much effort to keep most of the women I met interested because I wasn't that interested in her. If she's not interested why did she reach out to me and ask me if I wanted to go to a basketball game with her? I know it was free but she could have asked another guy.

Old 03-23-2014, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooplaman View Post
If a woman legitimately likes you she will make room in her schedule for plans with you. Even if she can't do it the day you suggested she will offer an alternative.
So far she has made room it's just that the dates are spaced a week out with no contact in-between. I'm just hoping it's how the way she is, I could be wrong. I won't give up yet, that's the problem with everyone in the dating scene these days. Everyone gives up so easily.

Old 03-23-2014, 09:47 PM

6,319 posts, read 7,237,862 times
Quote:
So far she has made room it's just that the dates are spaced a week out with no contact in-between. I'm just hoping it's how the way she is, I could be wrong. I won't give up yet, that's the problem with everyone in the dating scene these days. Everyone gives up so easily.
\\

The stalkers don't give up.

Old 03-23-2014, 10:00 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,915,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cindersslipper View Post
\\

The stalkers don't give up.
you're really not a very nice person at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships