Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2014, 10:00 PM

438 posts, read 1,530,897 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnatomicflux View Post
Well, I'm gonna go back to she wants you to call her. Texting is impersonal (ie: hands off approach)

The girl said she's not a texter, and here you are, telling her to text you.

That's my opinion.
Okay, maybe I didn't clarify earlier about the texting comment. Several days before meeting when she messaged me her phone number I jokingly asked if she wanted me to text now (as in have long exchange of texts back and forth) or text later (as in I'll text you before I leave to meet you.) The reason I asked is she didn't seem like the type that wanted to text a whole lot because her messages were all very brief and to the point. In other words she's not the type that types a bunch of stuff.

Her response at that time was "I'm not really a texter". Which most likely meant, I'm don't want to exchange a bunch of text now because that's not her style. As I said earlier, are message exchanges were very brief because she really didn't type much at all.

Fast forward to the end of are first date and I said you can text me. As in a text to let me know if you want to do something.

So all of you are taking her comment out of context. Hope that helps explain the situation.

Anyways, I texted her about 45 minutes ago to let her know I had a good time and we should get together and she hasn't responded so I'm assuming it's over. Oh well... on to the next one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2014, 10:03 PM

2,319 posts, read 3,050,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost Leaf View Post
Any ways, I texted her about 45 minutes ago to let her know I had a good time and we should get together and she hasn't responded so I'm assuming it's over. Oh well on to the next one.
oh my heck. She's not a big texter. She probably doesn't walk around with her phone on her hip. You expect her to return your text this quickly? Maybe she has a life and will take until tomorrow to get back to you!

Old 03-13-2014, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molli View Post
oh my heck. She's not a big texter. She probably doesn't walk around with her phone on her hip. You expect her to return your text this quickly? Maybe she has a life and will take until tomorrow to get back to you!
I don't know how old you are because it seems like older people have a different view of texting etiquette and just exactly how the modern online dating world works today.

I'm sure she has her phone with her and I'm pretty sure if she was interested she would have responded by now.

If I were to wager on it I would say she's not returning my text.

It's a real shame too, it seemed like we really clicked, she shared a lot of info about herself, we talked for over two hours.

I hope you're right, but I doubt it.

Old 03-13-2014, 10:13 PM

11,222 posts, read 16,419,497 times
Ugh.

Quote:
she messaged me her phone number
And since she's...

Quote:
Her response at that time was "I'm not really a texter".
...you should have used it.

Dispite that....

Quote:
I texted her about 45 minutes ago
I'm not sure why....

Quote:
she hasn't responded

Quote:
I'm assuming it's over.
Yep.

Listen to the next one.

Old 03-13-2014, 10:15 PM

2,319 posts, read 3,050,071 times
Quote:
I don't know how old you are because it seems like older people have a different view of texting etiquette and just exactly how the modern online dating world works today.

I'm sure she has her phone with her and I'm pretty sure if she was interested she would have responded by now.

If I were to wager on it I would say she's not returning my text.

It's a real shame too, it seemed like we really clicked, she shared a lot of info about herself, we talked for over two hours.

I hope you're right, but I doubt it.
Oh so if she's on a date she'll go ahead and text you back.

If she's in a movie theatre she'll go ahead and text you back.

Old 03-13-2014, 10:16 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,917,838 times
Quote:
Okay, maybe I didn't clarify earlier about the texting comment. Several days before meeting when she messaged me her phone number I jokingly asked if she wanted me to text now (as in have long exchange of texts back and forth) or text later (as in I'll text you before I leave to meet you.) The reason I asked is she didn't seem like the type that wanted to text a whole lot because her messages were all very brief and to the point. In other words she's not the type that types a bunch of stuff.

Her response at that time was "I'm not really a texter". Which most likely meant, I'm don't want to exchange a bunch of text now because that's not her style. As I said earlier, are message exchanges were very brief because she really didn't type much at all.

Fast forward to the end of are first date and I said you can text me. As in a text to let me know if you want to do something.

So all of you are taking her comment out of context. Hope that helps explain the situation.

Anyways, I texted her about 45 minutes ago to let her know I had a good time and we should get together and she hasn't responded so I'm assuming it's over. Oh well... on to the next one.
All girls are texters, unless they don't want to talk to you.

Old 03-13-2014, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
All girls are texters, unless they don't want to talk to you.
This is exactly true. The'll text anytime anywhere unless they don't want to talk.

Old 03-13-2014, 10:27 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,917,838 times
Quote:
This is exactly true. The'll text anytime anywhere unless they don't want to talk.
Yeah man, no big deal. There's a ton of women out there.

My advice, never try to win a girl over. If you have to ask yourself "what can I do to make her like me?" you should just forget her and find the next girl who is hotter. Life is too short to waste your time trying to impress some woman when there are so many out there, and probably better.

Old 03-13-2014, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnatomicflux View Post
Ugh.

And since she's...

...you should have used it.

Dispite that....

I'm not sure why....

Yep.

Listen to the next one.

No, no you're not getting it. She not much of a texter ( as in she didn't want to exchange a bunch of messages AT THAT PARTICULAR TIME!) As in, she's okay with using text but she doesn't want to go into a long winded conversation via text like a lot of women do. Her style is (let's just get a few facts about each other and then meet as opposed to send never ending messages before meeting.)

She's okay with texting, she just doesn't want to go on a text a thon. Big difference.

Old 03-13-2014, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
Yeah man, no big deal. There's a ton of women out there.

My advice, never try to win a girl over. If you have to ask yourself "what can I do to make her like me?" you should just forget her and find the next girl who is hotter. Life is too short to waste your time trying to impress some woman when there are so many out there, and probably better.
This is true. It's just hard to find one's with good personalities.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships