Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2014, 07:14 PM

2,152 posts, read 3,397,528 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by krieger00 View Post
I fail to see what is wrong with texting a girl after the date is over or the next morning to see if she made it home ok and let her know you had a fun time and look toward to going out again.

I do agree do not text to much it a turn off for woman . I would just keep it basic at first like to set up dates and hang out .
because she should know by u making a move at the end of the date whether u like her or not. If you kiss her at the end of the date and say u had a good time, then why do you then need to text her again to let her know?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2014, 10:33 PM

438 posts, read 1,531,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krieger00 View Post
oh my bad you sounded young but it is still go advice for young kids you know the 18 to 20 year old.

Well if it makes you feel any better i am 30 and have nothing to show for it just a dead end job and bills and a lot of crying . I am going back to college though so things are on the up and up.
Yes, I definitely recommend this advice to young men but I would increase the age range to 25 or 26. Young men need to start putting themselves first when it comes to career and money because most likely the women they are dating will come and go.

Old 03-16-2014, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by howdydoody342 View Post
Your first mistake is asking women for advice on how to date women.

You need to ask men that are successful with women what works. I wouldnt text much in between dates or at all. Your not going to turn her off by not texting. You'll turn her off by texting too much or the wrong things.

Save the conversation for the actual dates.
That's what I used to think but the last girl I was seeing seemed really interested until I didn't text her for 3 days and that's when she had decided to move on. I can't say for sure but I have a strong feeling that's her reasoning because she texted me a lot, after date, in the morning etc.

This girl is different though, so how much and frequent you decide to text can vary greatly depending on the girl.

Old 03-16-2014, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by howdydoody342 View Post
because she should know by u making a move at the end of the date whether u like her or not. If you kiss her at the end of the date and say u had a good time, then why do you then need to text her again to let her know?
I don't know how many women are comfortable with a kiss on the first date? It could go well but I get the feeling with this girl that if I would have tried that it could have backfired.

Old 03-17-2014, 06:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost Leaf View Post
That's what I used to think but the last girl I was seeing seemed really interested until I didn't text her for 3 days and that's when she had decided to move on. I can't say for sure but I have a strong feeling that's her reasoning because she texted me a lot, after date, in the morning etc.

This girl is different though, so how much and frequent you decide to text can vary greatly depending on the girl.

I agree that its dependent on the person, but someone texting me all day is a turnoff. It's unnecessary. Unless we are exclusive and had been dating a while. I dont need to know what ur doing all the time.

Old 03-17-2014, 07:22 AM

16,391 posts, read 30,926,132 times
Quote:
I don't know how many women are comfortable with a kiss on the first date? It could go well but I get the feeling with this girl that if I would have tried that it could have backfired.
Depends how much physical contact you have. If there's none during the date, you give her a hug. I did not kiss my current gf on the first or second date.

Old 03-17-2014, 07:40 AM

I went for it on the first date and she reciprocated and the second

Old 03-20-2014, 11:04 PM

Update**

So two days ago she invited me to go to a basketball game. Now before you jump to conclusions and think that I've won her over, here's some key points.

1. She got the tickets from work for free so there was no cost to her.
2. She probably didn't know anyone else that watched basketball.
3. She doesn't have a car so she couldn't go without someone driving her there.
4. We had a good time but afterward I mentioned doing something again and she said probably not this week.

So despite getting a second date, I don't feel like I've gained much ground. I can't really tell if she even likes me.

Old 03-21-2014, 10:41 AM

1,748 posts, read 1,295,851 times
What happened to your visioning that she's not looking so good and then breaking down the reasons why she went out with you? While you can't tell if she likes you, you're not so sure about her either.

Its only your second date, have a couple more dates to find out. If you've made up your mind and manage to keep the dates going then simply ask her how she feels about being your GF. If she's always giving the "probably not this week'' response then she's not that into you.

Old 03-21-2014, 04:36 PM

50,768 posts, read 36,458,112 times
Quote:
I have to agree with this. That's why I don't want to text too soon. I think it will make me look clingy because she already knows I don't know anyone around because I'm new to the area. I did tell her that I'm taking a few classes and groups though.

I agree too, but you're the guy, you should still be the one contacting her and asking her out. I do not want the male role, and if you ended a date telling ME to text YOU, I would have told you I'm not doing that, but I'll be happy to talk to you if you call. I also think you should call, not text. Just wait a few days and call and ask her out again.

Just saw your update. I want to tell you, get OUT of your head. You don't need to know if she likes you yet, she probably doesn't know yet. But if you are in your head or trying to analyze all her actions and words looking for "signs" on the date, she will sense that and it'll be a turn off. Just escalate on the date, get close to her, touch her, hold eye contact, and at the end of the date go for a kiss. If she kisses you back, escalate the kiss (meaning kiss her passionately and deeply). You sound too attached to the outcome already. Think with abundance, "if not her, someone better" and that will keep you from sending out the needy vibes you're concerned about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships