Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2014, 07:27 AM

867 posts, read 906,081 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeapple View Post
I'll give you my impression as a 30 yr old woman & someone who does some marketing (which is what an OLD profile is doing for you).

I don't find that hokey, but I find stating it at the beginning of your profile hokey.
The word "hokey" is also hokey.

- The smoking is turn-off, but good for you for trying to quit & being honest about it
- Leaving some stats out like "relationship type" & "religion" makes you wonder in a bad way

- "What I'm doing with my life" section is very vague. Try some specifics. I'm NOT talking about your job - what is your passion, your motivation, your interests? What gives you meaning? You mention some of this later on, but some may not keep scrolling.

- The "Favorites" section is the first place I get any real sense of who you are. The "Typical Friday Night" section is also way more interesting than the self-summary which is not gripping enough to compel you to scroll down. It's sort of goofy & odd, but not enough to be striking or exciting.

Generally, you sound like a cool guy, but not enough of a "definite energy". I disagree with others about your opinions on books & music, etc. Those are the few areas there is a clear personality. I think it's better to alienate some in order to attract someone who is truly compatible, but then I'm terrible at dating .
Thank you Ms. Orangeapple I will fix the self-summary and heed your other advice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2014, 07:29 AM

867 posts, read 906,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieneke View Post
I clicked on your link and there was no picture.

What do men expect from on line pickup joints?
This thread is a follow up thread to another thread I made where I was vetting online profile pics. They sucked so I took the pics down. If you are curious to know what I look like you can go to that thread or I can just tell you according to posters on here I look like a zombie-Frankenstein.

Old 03-16-2014, 09:16 AM

11,376 posts, read 24,364,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
Why should he pretend to be something he's not?
Smoking is something you can and should stop. It's a habit, not a permanent character attribute.

Old 03-16-2014, 10:19 PM

1,768 posts, read 1,227,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artifice32 View Post
OK, in Southern California--I'm not certain in the rest of America--we had the Hot Cheetos Phenomena. Kids were eating Hot Cheetos left and right and it made news when schools started to ban them. The Hot Cheetos Phenomena was replaced by the Takis phenomena--another brand of chips. Takis are a thousand times spicier than Hot Cheetos; it's an acquired taste. I have nephews who introduced me to Takis so every so often I'll buy a bag.

Here is a funny video done by a local radio station in California. You will like the guy he is Psycho Mike and most women consider him certified hot and funny. Watch it and you too will be updated regarding the Hot Cheetos/Taki phenomena in California.

Hot Cheetos - YouTube
i am also a so cal native in this area and i have never heard about this ban. i think the video is funny, but it bothers me that he was doing this with young kids. i hope their parents were aware beforehand. (i'm sure they were). i wouldn't want some strange guy doing this with my son. but it is funny.

Old 03-17-2014, 12:03 AM

3,467 posts, read 8,127,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieneke View Post
But ... is he trying to get laid or is he thinking about the future?
His profile makes him sound like he's trying for something that could lead to something serious. He doesn't state he's seeking casual hook-ups (near the bottom is says what kind of relationship the person is seeking).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships