Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2014, 01:06 PM

3,218 posts, read 2,810,665 times

Advertisements

Ok so I posted about this guy a couple of days ago. Long story short, had a first date with a guy I met on a dating site, date went well, after we had a couple drinks he invited me to grab a bit to eat with him. At the end of the date when we were saying goodbye he hugged me, we told each other we had a nice time....I started walking away and said, " umm so give me a call or text me" so I told him to text me and he basically said ok.

Anyway Tuesday night (I went out with him Sunday) I decided to bit the bullet and text him in an effort to see if he actually is interested. So I texted him "hey how was your long day at work"? To which he replied "hey went well just exhausting, today was another long one" then he proceeded to write this long text about how weird it was that somebody brought in red velvet cupcakes to work that day (on our date I told him I make awesome red velvet cupcakes) and how the other night when he got home from a work an old show that we talked about on our date was on TV. So I took this as him being perhaps somewhat interested or very polite who knows? Anyway we texted a bit more back and forth that night and I haven't heard from him since. Now I know he works some crazy hours for the military and can't really use his phone at work, but I feel like since I texted him first he could've at least shot me over a "hey" by now if he was interested. So I guess I already know the answer and am just looking for confirmation, is he keeping me on the back burner? Or just flat out not interested?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2014, 01:57 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,202,346 times
Ever read He's Just Not That Into You? I think you should. If a man wants to see you, he will try to make it happen.

Regardless, your suspicions are correct: He's not interested. It's Friday. If you haven't heard from him since Tuesday, he has moved on. I suggest you do the same.

Old 03-14-2014, 02:03 PM

48,525 posts, read 34,851,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
Ever read He's Just Not That Into You? I think you should. If a man wants to see you, he will try to make it happen.

Regardless, your suspicions are correct: He's not interested. It's Friday. If you haven't heard from him since Tuesday, he has moved on. I suggest you do the same.
I'm just following Lilac around on threads agreeing with her......

Seriously, a guy will move mountains if he likes you. He should have texted something by now, let alone asked you out again.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 03-14-2014, 02:05 PM

718 posts, read 599,394 times
If you want your answer, call him up (do not text) and ask him out again. He'll either say Yes or No and you'll know. Stop trying to read the lines between text messages. It is 2014, a women can ask a man out, he'll either accept or reject your invite.

Old 03-14-2014, 02:07 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,860,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post

Actually I had a great guy in my 20's go out on a date on a Sat. then not call until Wed.

Meanwhile I thought he didn't like me so I set up another date.

He may still call OP.

Old 03-14-2014, 02:20 PM

867 posts, read 909,348 times
The way I see it...you reached out to him and he didn't ask you out again. My suspicion is that had you not reached out to him you never would have heard from him again.

Old 03-14-2014, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artifice32 View Post
The way I see it...you reached out to him and he didn't ask you out again. My suspicion is that had you not reached out to him you never would have heard from him again.
Yes, this why I hate reaching out first! Lol
You never really know if they would've contacted you but I suspect you're right, I probably would've never heard from him...oh well.

Old 03-14-2014, 02:26 PM

I just feel like if he wasn't interested when I reached out to him he should've kept the conversation short or just not answered at all, I would've gotten the hint.

Old 03-14-2014, 02:27 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,114,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artifice32 View Post
This.
He knows how to contact you. If he's interested, he will.

Old 03-14-2014, 02:56 PM

6,126 posts, read 10,108,604 times
If you have to wonder if someone is interested in you, then they probably aren't. It really is that simple and a lesson I wish I had gotten through my head a long time ago. No one is ever too busy to make a few minutes to talk to someone they like. Never.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships