Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2014, 10:19 AM

1,373 posts, read 2,957,857 times

Advertisements

Sounds weird to me. It seems like you dont know how to move on from past experiences that have been bad. Its fear not the desire to be alone. It goes against nature for one to want to be alone unless there are underlying psychological problems
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2014, 10:39 AM

10,216 posts, read 8,305,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by angrymillionaire View Post
Sounds weird to me. It seems like you dont know how to move on from past experiences that have been bad. Its fear not the desire to be alone. It goes against nature for one to want to be alone unless there are underlying psychological problems
There are some people who truly prefer being on their own. It does not mean anything is wrong with them. I'm one of those people and I have never had a girlfriend.

Old 03-17-2014, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katie45 View Post
Maybe some people want others to be involved in a relationship because they're unhappy and 'misery loves company'?
Repped!

Old 03-17-2014, 11:22 AM

1,351 posts, read 1,598,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bostter View Post
Why are people surprised I decided to stay single forever?
Because 98-99% of all people DON'T want to stay single forever (and nearly all of them eventually find someone), and want someone in their lives even if it's just a casual relationship? Nearly everyone wants some sort of love and companionship in their lives. Face it, you are in the extreme minority. That doesn't mean that anything's "wrong" with you, but the fact is that many people are just used to everyone around them coupling-up in their 20s.

Also, remember that attraction is often unpredictable. One day you might unexpectedly meet that special woman who knocks your socks off. And then all of this "deciding to stay single forever" stuff suddenly goes flying out the window at the blink of an eye.

I think that most people who have never been in a relationship and make declarations about being forever single are, deep down, in denial and/or fear.

OTOH if a person has been in one or more past relationships and been badly hurt by them then it's more understandable for that person to not want to be in any more relationships. But even then, plenty of people in those situations eventually (it may take awhile) get over the bad things in their past and start dating again.

Old 03-17-2014, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GravityMan View Post
Because 98-99% of all people DON'T want to stay single forever (and nearly all of them eventually find someone), and want someone in their lives even if it's just a casual relationship? Nearly everyone wants some sort of love and companionship in their lives. Face it, you are in the extreme minority. That doesn't mean that anything's "wrong" with you, but the fact is that many people are just used to everyone around them coupling-up in their 20s.

Also, remember that attraction is often unpredictable. One day you might unexpectedly meet that special woman who knocks your socks off. And then all of this "deciding to stay single forever" stuff suddenly goes flying out the window at the blink of an eye.

I think that most people who have never been in a relationship and make declarations about being forever single are, deep down, in denial and/or fear.

OTOH if a person has been in one or more past relationships and been badly hurt by them then it's more understandable for that person to not want to be in any more relationships. But even then, plenty of people in those situations eventually (it may take awhile) get over the bad things in their past and start dating again.
I am in the minority with him. Relationships are just too much work these days. I prefer being on my own. Some people prefer being single. Shocking right?

Old 03-17-2014, 12:00 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,200,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenion View Post
Cannot breathing emote please; Rather then bashing him. Maybe we should help this poor soul? Buuut onnn the other hand... I think i'm going to go back to massaging people
I have no sympathy for the kid. My sympathy lies with all the women who will never be able to plumb the depths of his beautiful soul. I managed not to kill myself over this, but it has been quite a bender as I sought to drown my sorrow over the greatest loss those of us with XX chromosomes will ever experience. I daresay my liver shall never heal, nor will my heart.

Old 03-17-2014, 12:14 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,200,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
I am in the minority with him. Relationships are just too much work these days. I prefer being on my own. Some people prefer being single. Shocking right?

Is that why you post so many questions asking whether people would ever date someone like you?

//www.city-data.com/forum/relat...meone-who.html

Nope. Not fooling anyone here.

Old 03-17-2014, 12:28 PM

45,379 posts, read 60,575,206 times
It's a good thing for those of you who have chosen the single life that fishing season is upon us. You can practice your baiting techniques and become a master at it.

Old 03-17-2014, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
Is that why you post so many questions asking whether people would ever date someone like you?

//www.city-data.com/forum/relat...meone-who.html

Nope. Not fooling anyone here.
I can ask whatever I want. That doesn't mean I am looking for someone. If that were case, I'd have a girlfriend right now.

Old 03-17-2014, 01:55 PM

13,520 posts, read 22,131,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
I can ask whatever I want. That doesn't mean I am looking for someone. If that were case, I'd have a girlfriend right now.

Wait. That's not funny.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships