Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2014, 11:30 AM

20,048 posts, read 18,307,736 times

Advertisements

I here ya,GraciousVox, but what if that condom breaks and the female you are having sex with is not aware that her last partner or spouse is bi-sexual or experimenting with threesomes or whatever? The bad possibilities are endless!!

In this day and age of "anything goes" sex-wise--- why would you even risk such a thing?

Here are some helpful stats:

CDC ? HIV in the United States ? Statistics Overview ? Statistics Center ? HIV/AIDS

Via the website Aids.gov:

Which Body Fluids Contain HIV?

HIV lives and reproduces in blood and other body fluids. We know that the following fluids can contain high levels of HIV:
  • Blood
  • Semen (***)
  • Pre-seminal fluid (pre-***)
  • Breast milk
  • Vaginal fluids
  • Rectal (anal) mucous
Other body fluids and waste products—like feces, nasal fluid, saliva, sweat, tears, urine, or vomit—don’t contain enough HIV to infect you, unless they have blood mixed in them and you have significant and direct contact with them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2014, 11:33 AM

12,535 posts, read 15,202,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaypee View Post
"Yo, you got anything that will kill me or what?"

"Hey, baby. I hear some thunder. Is that the clap?"

Old 03-16-2014, 11:33 AM

13,520 posts, read 22,131,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraciousVox View Post
So be it. I have not had a problem thus far because I use condoms and don't shag junkies and homosexuals - if I did, I am pretty sure I would feel the same as you and would be adamant about testing.
Do you have oral sex? With condoms and/or dams?

Old 03-16-2014, 11:35 AM

16,391 posts, read 30,931,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by picklejuice View Post
I here ya,GraciousVox, but what if that condom breaks and the female you are having sex with is not aware that her last partner or spouse was bi-sexual, etc.

In this day and age of "anything goes" sex-wise--- why would you even risk such a thing?

Here's some helpful stats:

CDC ? HIV in the United States ? Statistics Overview ? Statistics Center ? HIV/AIDS

Via the website Aids.gov:

Which Body Fluids Contain HIV?

HIV lives and reproduces in blood and other body fluids. We know that the following fluids can contain high levels of HIV:
  • Blood
  • Semen (***)
  • Pre-seminal fluid (pre-***)
  • Breast milk
  • Vaginal fluids
  • Rectal (anal) mucous
Other body fluids and waste products—like feces, nasal fluid, saliva, sweat, tears, urine, or vomit—don’t contain enough HIV to infect you, unless they have blood mixed in them and you have significant and direct contact with them.
Another thing to remember is that even if you come into contact with HIV, it's still a low probability that you'll actually contract it.

I'm not saying to always test your odds, but transmission rates are quite low for regular sex

Old 03-16-2014, 11:36 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,168,171 times
Quote:
The first time I got tested, I was scared out of my mind! I had always used condoms except for with my first boyfriend - and we were each other's first everything - but I had oral sex with a couple other guys and didn't use protection (honestly - who does?). My doctor told me not to worry, that I was probably fine - but I couldn't sleep until I got the test results back! I would never have a problem getting tested for a new partner if it was someone I wanted to be with.

Old 03-16-2014, 11:37 AM

13,520 posts, read 22,131,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellie View Post
For instance, you could say, "I'm really attracted to you and want you to feel safe with me, so I'm going to the doctor and get a clean bill of health." Your partner then, might be inspired to say the same thing. If not, then you have a problem. Buy a box of condoms and use them, regardless.

Ok, this is a good approach.
Then what? Do you just trust them when they say "Yeah, I got tested, I'm good. Let's roll!"?
I'm clueless on this stuff ...

Old 03-16-2014, 11:39 AM

48,530 posts, read 34,851,331 times
I always got tested after breaking up with a partner, just to be on the safe side, and not risk spreading anything.

Saying you don't have sex with junkies or homosexuals, is ignorant in this context and borderline discriminatory. It's not like straight and non-drug users have been declared STD free. Hardly.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 03-16-2014, 11:39 AM

896 posts, read 1,177,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by picklejuice View Post
I here ya,GraciousVox, but what if that condom breaks and the female you are having sex with is not aware that her last partner or spouse was bi-sexual, etc.

<snip>
There are always what-ifs in life, so each individual has to determine his or her own acceptable level of risk. I am well aware of the stats and have determined that the risk of my being infected by HIV is low enough that I will not go running off for testing upon request. That is my prerogative. You on the other hand may decide that the risk I am willing to take is too high for your tastes, in which case you should live your life differently than me.

This thread is asking about testing among people in my very demographic so I answered it. Why are you debating me on the subject, instead of simply telling the OP what you would do?

Old 03-16-2014, 11:42 AM

896 posts, read 1,177,378 times
Quote:
I do not because the risk of transmission via oral sex is low enough that I choose not to use them. Perhaps you feel differently, in which case I suggest you insist upon condoms for oral sex. For me, I would have to become a prostitute to increase my risk to the level in which I would use a condom for a blowie. YMMV.

Old 03-16-2014, 11:42 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,168,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Saying you don't have sex with junkies or homosexuals, is ignorant in this context and borderline discriminatory. It's not like straight and non-drug users have been declared STD free. Hardly.
The only person that I know that has had an STD (because she's the only that told me - I'm not saying that nobody else that I have ever known has had one) - was a beautiful, intelligent, very religious, upper middle class woman. She was hardly a junkie and the guy she got it from wasn't homosexual - he was promiscuous.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships