Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2014, 01:36 PM

5,012 posts, read 7,873,116 times

Advertisements

It has become woefully apparent how many people here engage in promiscuous sex.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2014, 01:42 PM

527 posts, read 600,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryManback View Post
Wow! This is breaking news! We've found a cure for AIDS!
And HPV, apparently! Who knew? Exciting stuff.

Old 03-16-2014, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philosophizer View Post
It has become woefully apparent how many people here engage in promiscuous sex.
I always have the opposite reaction to these threads. They always make it woefully apparent to me how many people who frequent this forum don't get laid and are rather clueless about sex in general.

Old 03-16-2014, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
The only two non curable STDs are herpes and HIV.
False.

Quote:
There's really no reason to ask to get tested for herpes. She will obviously know she has it
Extremely false. The majority who have it are asymptomatic.

Old 03-16-2014, 01:47 PM

Quote:

I don't really have any strong feelings for this topic.
Your apparent need to flood the thread with misinformation indicates otherwise.

Old 03-16-2014, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucktownbabe View Post
I always have the opposite reaction to these threads. They always make it woefully apparent to me how many people who frequent this forum don't get laid and are rather clueless about sex in general.
Oh, there are plenty on the other end of the spectrum too. I've never seen such animosity shown towards the opposite sex in any place before.

Old 03-16-2014, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Here's what I don't get about these STD threads. A certain fatalism tends to crop up, where people imply (or state outright) that herpes/chlamydia/your-STD-of-choice is spreading so fast that it's inevitable that the entire population with eventually have it,
This is generally true when it comes to Herpes and HPV. If you're a sexually active adult it's relatively safe to assume you carry these or will. Also, the tests for them aren't highly accurate. Because of this, most doctors will not diagnose them without the presence of symptoms, even though most who have them are asymptomatic.

It is absolutely not true for Chlamydia, Syphilis, Gonorrhea, etc. These are common enough that they're fairly easy to get, but not so common that nearly everybody has them. These are the ones (along with HIV, despite its relative scarcity in certain populations) for which it is smart to be tested and to have your partner be tested.

Old 03-16-2014, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Oh, there are plenty on the other end of the spectrum too. I've never seen such animosity shown towards the opposite sex in any place before.
That's for sure. A lot of bitterness and hatred on both sides of the gender divide here. If I encountered as much of it in real life as I do here, I'd have become a nun a long time ago.

Old 03-16-2014, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucktownbabe View Post
That's for sure. A lot of bitterness and hatred on both sides of the gender divide here. If I encountered as much of it in real life as I do here, I'd have become a nun a long time ago.
What's funny is how angry they get when you suggest they stick with their own sex for romantic partners.

Old 03-16-2014, 02:08 PM

Quote:
What's funny is how angry they get when you suggest they stick with their own sex for romantic partners.
Right? I mean, which is it? Are you attracted to the opposite sex or not? It sure doesn't sound like a lot of people who post here like the opposite sex very much at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships