Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2014, 09:08 AM

1,194 posts, read 1,399,611 times

Advertisements

So let me get this straight. In your mind the fact that someone you barely know ignores you meansshe is, in fact, very interested in you and playing a game?

Yeah, I think it's clear why you're a virgin who has never had a relationship.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2014, 11:49 AM

4,523 posts, read 3,405,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeCollege View Post
So let me get this straight. In your mind the fact that someone you barely know ignores you meansshe is, in fact, very interested in you and playing a game?

Yeah, I think it's clear why you're a virgin who has never had a relationship.
I didn't mean game (shouldn't have said that) in the fact that she's playing hard to get. However, I'll ignore her back just as much if that's what's constantly doing back for no reason.

Lol, yeah, because that's the reason I'm a virgin and never had a relationship. It couldn't possibly be due to my choice. Way to jump to conclusions.

Old 03-19-2014, 11:51 AM

4,523 posts, read 3,405,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molli View Post
I'm guessing she is well aware of your lack of maturity. What kind of grown man plays this kind of game! O M G
Maybe I shouldn't have said "game", but if she's going to act like that, then I'll do it back to her as well. Also, what she's doing is way more immature than anything I did.

Last edited by NewYorker11356; 03-19-2014 at 12:09 PM..

Old 03-19-2014, 12:14 PM

2,930 posts, read 5,271,469 times
I personally think there's always going to be some skepticism about women and men being friends because that's just the way it is. Nature is set up where men and women are attraction to one another, period. For example, if I accidently look in the direction of my best male friend's chest, it wouldn't raise suspicion in him like it would a woman because its not as sensitive area to men.

And OP, as far as your situation, I think we as people tend to put too much focus on ourselves to think that we're the only factor in the overall picture. Perhaps she could have misinterpreted your intentions, but Maybe it could be she has a boyfriend or just broke up with her boyfriend, Maybe she likes someone else and doesn't want confusion, Maybe she heard some someone start rumors about you two, Maybe you remind her of someone from her past, or Maybe she's just overall psycho? There's so many other variables that could be in to this that it might have absolutely nothing to do with you.

However, I understand your plight. Rejection never feels good, no matter your intentions. But its her loss. I agree with the poster that said to just continue ignoring her and carry on with your life. I also agree with the poster who suggested there's a probability that you like her a little more than what you're telling us. But If she's supposed to be in your life, she'll make her way back.

Old 03-19-2014, 01:19 PM

So you want to believe someone you spoke with once for 10 minutes several weeks ago ignores you because she is playing hard to get?

Oh, okay. That must be it. I'm sure when you "ignore her back", you'll really be sticking it to her.

Old 03-19-2014, 03:10 PM

2,930 posts, read 5,271,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeCollege View Post
So you want to believe someone you spoke with once for 10 minutes several weeks ago ignores you because she is playing hard to get?

Oh, okay. That must be it. I'm sure when you "ignore her back", you'll really be sticking it to her.
Since I'm one of the supporters of him ignoring her, I'm going to say, it's not about sticking it to her. It's about having enough self respect about himself to go on about his business. By not worrying about her, it boosts confidence. Trust me, confidence shows... especially to women.

Old 03-19-2014, 03:11 PM

Well I certainly agree he should stop obsessing over a stranger who is showing no interest in him....

Old 03-19-2014, 03:16 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,346,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorker11356 View Post
And how do you know she isn't obsessing over it? She ignores me and looks away if she sees me, so it's obviously on her mind to at least some extent. Also, why do you assume I'm not studying and having fun? Simply asking this sort of question doesn't mean I'm not already doing those things. It's a message board amongst strangers, and I asked this question to get the opinions of others.

I didn't start looking away and ignoring her until she started doing it. If she wants to play some sort of silly game, then two can play. Maybe it'll knock her off her pedestal a bit.
I personally do not get dragged into "silly games". If someone I'm cool with all of a sudden wants to play with my feelings like that, it is probably better to just move on to someone a little more mature. If he or she would like to reopen communication lines, then that person can make the effort.

None of us are going to be able to figure out this issue. Some people are just out right weird.

Old 03-19-2014, 04:23 PM

596 posts, read 627,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
The women that I hang out with say that if I talk to any women at a bar it will be interpreted as a pick up no matter how mudane the conversation. I tried arguing the point with examples to no avail.
Very true. It's because women tell other women all the time that if a man reaches out to speak with you on a causal or friendly basis he is interested. Of course there are exemptions to the rule, like if he's asking you something pertaining to a work project or college assignment.

But I suck at this game, because when I think a guy is just being friendly, he's apparently flirting with me, and when I think he's flirting with me, he's just being friendly

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorker11356 View Post
What else could it possibly be? Nobody just heavily ignores anybody for no reason unless you've done something that's unforgivable to them and/or their family.
I just don't understand why you care??? I mean you both sound incredibly silly for this one, you, you start off your post saying you feel she's avoided you because she "thought"you were interested in her, when you in fact were, but now you're trying to make it seem like you aren't really interested???

Sigh. I'm just confused. And chances are, you probably gave off some vibe that made her feel strange. I'm not saying you're socially awkward or weird with women, but this whole post is confusing and contradictory, and people can pick up on that inner conflict.

Old 03-19-2014, 04:23 PM

611 posts, read 1,456,066 times
She probably was really into you and is now disappointed & feeling a little embarrassed at herself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships