Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2014, 08:09 PM

260 posts, read 605,154 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
Anyone who talks in terms of "getting" women is making it perfectly clear why he fails.
Women use the same terminology about men.

And please .....We've already debunked the "Your attitude about women is why they're not attracted to you" myth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2014, 08:17 PM

260 posts, read 605,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZorbaTheGeek View Post
OP, you know what they say about love. "It's complicated." .
It's not complicated. Never have I seen a couple that is together for reasons I can't decipher.

Old 03-18-2014, 08:31 PM

867 posts, read 908,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryManback View Post
Women use the same terminology about men.

And please .....We've already debunked the "Your attitude about women is why they're not attracted to you" myth.
OK, so women are not attracted to you because your are unattractive and don't make sufficient income...not just your bad attitude, but that plays a part as well.

Look, I'm a religious guy and I'm pretty sure you are an atheist. So I'm going to talk to you in terms you understand i.e. evolution. As it turns out you are unfit for sexual selection and to further your genealogy one more generation by mating would only further pollute the gene pool. The positive side is that without sexual selection from unfit men like yourself society is made better as more and more fit men are being selected. So take comfort in the fact that humanity is better off with you not mating and be proud of yourself for contributing to the evolutionary process.

Old 03-18-2014, 09:02 PM

4,038 posts, read 4,859,463 times
Quote:
It's not complicated. Never have I seen a couple that is together for reasons I can't decipher.
I'll believe that when I see it! Your "logic" sux, man! It has nothing to do with reality. But that's not going to stop you from shouting it to the world, so, have fun making an azz out of yourself. It's your life, your rep.

Old 03-18-2014, 09:06 PM

37,566 posts, read 45,928,580 times
Quote:
(Premise 1.) Romantic love requires mutual physical attraction.

(Premise 2.) Physically attractive people are desired by both physically attractive people and physically unattractive people. Physically unattractive people are not desired by physically attractive people or physically unattractive people. That is to say, being unattractive does not magically make one attracted to unattractive people.

(Premise 3.) Whatever else is required for romantic love, is easy to come by once mutual physical attraction is present. Of course things like personality are important, but both men and women are lenient in judging those things once the physical spark has been lit.

(Premise 4.) Presence of romantic love is of utmost importance in human happiness. In fact, people who have a good love life but have a job that they hate, rate themselves as happier overall than people who love their job but have no love life.

Therefore, physically attractive people have an easier time finding love and have happier lives overall.
1)Your premise assumes that physical attraction is the same in all eyes. It most certainly is not.
2)"Whatever else is required for romantic love, is easy to come by once mutual physical attraction is present." That is complete bunk.
3) Your premise also seems to assume that physical attraction is something that is not dynamic...it's either there, or it never will be. That is absolutely false.

Old 03-18-2014, 09:08 PM

4,038 posts, read 4,859,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katykat01 View Post
I disagree because I am attractive and have had no luck with love for nearly 7 years. I spend most of time single and have watched everyone else pair off and be happy. I'm nearly 35 and am relatively happy with my life, but I'd be happier if I had someone to share it with. But that seems so unlikely to happen.
Some men need a nudge, a little encouragement, katykat. If you wait for them to make the first move, you may be waiting the rest of your life. Don't let life pass you by, get out there and be an active participant! If you meet a dude who seems interesting, talk him up. If he's shy, find reasons to be around him, find an excuse to make him dinner or something. I've seen it done. Think outside the box, and you can win.

Old 03-19-2014, 02:33 PM

630 posts, read 1,048,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foclampt View Post
I am convinced that once a person finds what truly inspires themselves, motivates themselves, and makes themselves feel as if they have found their true identity they quit trying to find a partner that makes them feel that way,as a matter of fact, the people they surround themselves with are reflections of the things they love about themselves. They are the people who love the things about them that make that person who they are.
With that kind of enviroment - having a relationship is an extension of that...not a superficial attempt at fulfiling some kind of predetermined opinion of gratifying ones ego by how attractive their partner is.
Know what I mean?
No?
If you were the last person on earth, would you spend your life pining away for an attractive partner? Or would you be overjoyed to just share your last remaining days with someone that you were just glad was there, that you enjoyed being with?

gorgeous. We should all be so lucky to reach this goal, but so few do. And since day one we have been conditioned not to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships