Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2014, 09:18 PM

4,038 posts, read 4,860,479 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
You talk to a guy for years and you're too afraid to meet him? Sounds weird.

Stay in a hotel and take the opportunity to visit another country.
It's a pretty simple solution, OP. If you can't afford a hotel, there might be hostels or backpackers' hotels, for cheap. Take the chance to see another country, live a little, and come out of your shell. Travel can give you confidence.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2014, 10:19 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,194,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Lynnwood View Post
Get a relationship in real life.

You will find it far more rewarding when you meet a man in a real life environment instead of online.

It seems nobody has any real communication anymore.
Especially when they misrepresent themselves as a physician.

Thomas S. Roberts, MD - Sports Medicine Doctor - Faulkner County, AR

Shame on you, stealing someone's photo like that.

Old 03-18-2014, 10:24 PM

128 posts, read 180,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by songbirdy View Post
I have a bit of a dilemma. So this guy I have been talking to online for a few years wants me to stay with him for a week in his country but I don't feel comfortable doing that. I really have no excuse actually since I do have the money to get there and we both talked about it. Being alone with a guy, in his house, in his home country, doesn't seem that right. He seemed excited by it, I was too for a bit in the beginning but now I am just not ready for any in person relationship. I am somewhat OK with being online buddies but I am having a lot of guilt. Dude is a cool guy and I do find him somewhat sexually appealing but in contrast to me I'm am just not all that appealing to be around tbh. I'm ugly, stupid, and horribly self absorbed. But he still continues to say it doesn't matter. He hasn't made an attempt to see me but I can see his reason when he told me he got burned before by some woman.

Meeting people that wants to talk to me is s very hard for me online and off so losing him a friend will hurt. I don't need many friends cause I am content with just my computer but having someone to vent to every month or so is nice too.

I don't like feeling all this guilt and crap..this is why I don't like to invest emotionally with people.
No way in h-e-l-l would I travel to another country to spend a week with a guy who I've never met. That is just dangerous. You don't know who this guy is.

Old 03-18-2014, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwimGal View Post
No way in h-e-l-l would I travel to another country to spend a week with a guy who I've never met. That is just dangerous. You don't know who this guy is.
I agree. OP, this is just common sense. Don't go.

Old 03-18-2014, 10:42 PM

13,520 posts, read 22,116,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post

How'd you find the photo, Empress?
Wtf is with that poster.

Old 03-18-2014, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaypee View Post
How'd you find the photo, Empress?
Wtf is with that poster.
Right click, save, upload to Google image search.

Also, no physician in his right mind would post his photo on a forum like this, never mind be so blunt and rude as the person who stole the photo. It's not only a great way to damage his reputation, depending on his state medical board, it could get him into trouble. More and more, boards are putting out ethical guidelines about the the use of social media. I've reported the profile, and if it's not removed, I'll just drop the doctor in question a line and let him take it up with City-Data. This is the kind of thing that can be construed as libel. I have a lot of professional interaction with physicians. Stealing a photo like that is unacceptable.

Old 03-19-2014, 12:03 AM

2,727 posts, read 2,832,211 times
I'm not trying to play psychologist but you seem very closed off and introverted, maybe seeing things in a negative light.
I'd say go for it. Do something you've never done and never thought you'd do. You can spend the rest of your life online without leaving the state or go on an adventure halfway around the world.
But the problem is, once you are there, you're there. You almost have to make something work. And if you are how I described above, you may not let yourself out of your comfort zone and be in for a very bad trip with no easy way out. But if I'm wrong and you can leave your cares at your computer, than go free young bird

Old 03-19-2014, 01:47 AM

10,930 posts, read 11,716,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by songbirdy View Post
II'm ugly, stupid, and horribly self absorbed. But he still continues to say it doesn't matter. He hasn't made an attempt to see me but I can see his reason when he told me he got burned before by some woman.
Suspend your beliefs and say, yes. Isn't there a part of you that wants to be attractive, witty, carefree? Pretend you are that person.

Old 03-19-2014, 02:57 AM

15,013 posts, read 21,640,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post

He must want to be the King of the Message Board (KMG).
Or, maybe have a online/long-distance affair.

Old 03-19-2014, 10:54 AM

896 posts, read 1,176,725 times
Why do you have to go to him? I think he should go to you and stay in a hotel. You feel uneasy because you should feel uneasy, listen to your gut!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships