Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2014, 07:19 AM

18 posts, read 16,577 times

Advertisements

Did you know your body language can put you in the friends zone before you even meet her?

I know. It sucks. And the only thing we can really do about it – is to make sure we’re
not appearing as just another possible friend to her.

Well I believe when we think about that last statement, in a way it doesn’t suck because
it also means if we notice what we’re doing while we’re around women we can easily begin
to unravel the tension and appear as a sexual option. Sounds reasonable and not at all too difficult.

Mod cut: Blog link deleted.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 03-21-2014 at 10:24 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2014, 07:21 AM

2,472 posts, read 4,213,936 times
All right.

Old 03-19-2014, 07:31 AM

16,391 posts, read 30,931,772 times
Body language is a great thing to know.

Old 03-19-2014, 07:35 AM

11,795 posts, read 12,033,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
Studies say that around 90% of communication is non-verbal. Actions speak louder than words.

Old 03-19-2014, 07:42 AM

5,121 posts, read 6,803,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
I've tried bringing up body language (and the importance of it) in other threads where men struggle with meeting women to date... and I am often written off by the men who struggle the most. Usually these men will counter me with women don't care (if it's the man's body language) because all that matters is ____ (fill in the blank with "good looking" "money" "status" or some other arbitrary thing) or if I mention ways to read a woman's body language I am told that women are being silly by communicating though body language (it's like they don't get that body language is something subconscious that everyone does--including themselves).

I've said time and time again, if you are having problems dating... pick up some books on body language and read them. If nothing else, it can't hurt (and it's an interesting subject).

Old 03-19-2014, 07:44 AM

2,087 posts, read 2,849,561 times
If your body moves with:
  • Stagnate rigid hips
  • A hunched over walk
  • Arms not swinging freely
  • Curled up toes in your shoes
  • Constantly watching the ground
  • Afraid to notice the people around you…
There is just no way a woman will see you as a sexy man.

Sounds like a fun game. Where do I sign up?

Old 03-19-2014, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillabean View Post
I've tried bringing up body language (and the importance of it) in other threads where men struggle with meeting women to date... and I am often written off by the men who struggle the most. Usually these men will counter me with women don't care (if it's the man's body language) because all that matters is ____ (fill in the blank with "good looking" "money" "status" or some other arbitrary thing) or if I mention ways to read a woman's body language I am told that women are being silly by communicating though body language (it's like they don't get that body language is something subconscious that everyone does--including themselves).

I've said time and time again, if you are having problems dating... pick up some books on body language and read them. If nothing else, it can't hurt (and it's an interesting subject).
But then what you are saying is that you are rejecting people (not just men, but people, potential friends, acquaintances, clients) over small things that they may have no conscious knowledge of. That's not who we are. Our actions define us

Last edited by JJS99; 03-19-2014 at 08:04 AM..

Old 03-19-2014, 07:51 AM

BTW, this is what the 'article' considers body language.

Weak timid movements may easily tell her you’re unsure of yourself.

Legs or feet held tight together, tense jaw line, and rigid facial expressions is a tell you are scared and reserved.

If you stand with your hands constantly covering your sexual areas such as your groin and hips you are acting like a friend because you’re perceived as guarding your sexual desires.

The real question is OP, do you want a woman who would reject you because of these things? I mean, what is this, a game of Texas Hold em Poker?

Last edited by JJS99; 03-19-2014 at 08:05 AM..

Old 03-19-2014, 07:58 AM

678 posts, read 1,065,149 times
How many threads do we need on the "friendzone." Most people will never have a relationship with the majority of people you meet that are of the opposite sex.

Old 03-19-2014, 08:05 AM

16,391 posts, read 30,931,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJS99 View Post
But then what you are saying is that you are rejecting people (not just men, but people, potential friends, acquaintances, clients) over small things that they may have no conscious knowledge of. That's not who we are. Our actions define us
Not only that, but you will also lose business deals, interviews and job promotions with poor knowledge of body language.

Understanding other people's body language is very important also. It will let you know how they are reacting to things you say and if you need to change up what you're doing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships