Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are you ok with it?
Yes I'm a male and I'm ok with it 17 40.48%
No I'm a male and I'm not ok with it 7 16.67%
Yes I'm a female and I'm ok with it 8 19.05%
No I'm a female and I'm not ok with it 10 23.81%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2014, 02:59 PM

596 posts, read 627,678 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotte Panthers View Post
I've always thought the point of a FWB was to have sex when neither one of you have a partner to do it with. I sort of think it's disrespectful to sleep with someone else while you have a FWB situation. You're opening the FWB up to diseases without their knowledge. (if they dont know you're sleeping with someone else)
Exactly. Seriously, seeing these type of polls and how people think, makes me feel great about keeping sex off the table the first few dates.

My vag is healthy, and I'd like to keep it that way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2014, 03:02 PM

532 posts, read 1,177,062 times
I've encountered the opposite of the OP. The men 90% of the time don't want me with anyone else but them, which is a bit silly. As long as you're both safe, this isn't a monogamous relationship.

My policy has become "don't ask, don't tell". But I'll be honest if they ask me directly.We're friends after all.

Old 03-19-2014, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
I always assumed it was understood that a FWB could be having sex with someone else. I would be ok with it.
No.

That's not what a FWB is. A FWB relationship by definition is one made out of convenience when two people are single (and have usually gone without sex for sometime) and make a pact to have their needs fulfilled exclusively with one another--no strings attached--meaning they can leave the FWB relationship whenever they want. There are no expectations to a long term, committed relationship, only sex, but it is only sex between those two parties.

It's essentially a relationship for the purposes of fulfilling ones sexual appetite without the heavy expectations of a relationship.

But sex is exclusive. Anything besides that is just causal sex with strangers and random drunk people.

Old 03-19-2014, 03:07 PM

4,613 posts, read 4,795,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMorena View Post
No.

That's not what a FWB is. A FWB relationship by definition is one made out of convenience when two people are single (and have usually gone without sex for sometime) and make a pact to have their needs fulfilled exclusively with one another--no strings attached--meaning they can leave the FWB relationship whenever they want. There are no expectations to a long term, committed relationship, only sex, but it is only sex between those two parties.

It's essentially a relationship for the purposes of fulfilling ones sexual appetite without the heavy expectations of a relationship.

But sex is exclusive. Anything besides that is just causal sex with strangers and random drunk people.

And here's where the problem lies. Not everybody subscribes to your definition of FWB, including myself. And in lieu of getting into the semantics of it all, I suspect we'd just have to agree to disagree.

Old 03-19-2014, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShatteredHope View Post
Im a female and would not be ok with it. However, ive recently realized Im really into my FWB and dont want him to be just a FWB anymore. :/
Which is why it's stupid when females try to do it. I'm sure they're a few females that can successfully detach feelings from sex, but most aren't wired that way and try to have sex thinking it'll lead to something more. But you can't make a man, let alone a person do something or be something they don't want.

Hopefully you'll figure out which female you are and learn from it, I only see sloppy endings to these things though...

Old 03-19-2014, 03:31 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,458,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auntie77 View Post
I never felt the draw to the FWB relationship thing, specifically because I always viewed it to be an open arrangement wherein the friendship also allowed for a little horizontal sports...

If you want exclusivity, why not hold out for someone you actually want to be with for a long time and love?

Some people are not in a position to successfully hold out; i.e. when one's options are to settle for an exclusive relationship with someone you don't really want, or to agree to a FWB arrangement with a friend you like, some people will choose the FWB.

Old 03-19-2014, 03:40 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,701,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMorena View Post
No.

No, exclusivity is your opinion. There is no single definition. Heck, people argue about whether someone is a FB or FWB because that definition is subjective too. It's entirely possible to have multiple FWBs.

Old 03-19-2014, 03:42 PM

589 posts, read 639,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
It's entirely possible to have multiple FWBs.

Possible, yes. Smart, not so much.

Old 03-19-2014, 03:49 PM

2,319 posts, read 3,051,605 times
wow think of the cooties that are being spread around!

Old 03-19-2014, 03:54 PM

41,936 posts, read 36,962,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
No, exclusivity is your opinion. There is no single definition. Heck, people argue about whether someone is a FB or FWB because that definition is subjective too. It's entirely possible to have multiple FWBs.

Yeah, never heard of exclusivity attached to this and honestly, I see more of my guy friends get hurt by these things than females do. Women, especially middle age ones, seem to (generally) have zero problems detaching emotion from sex. My lady friends, if anything, have problems doing otherwise (combining sex and emotion) why the guys I know tend to (stupidly) get attached.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships