Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2014, 02:06 PM

1,418 posts, read 1,268,464 times

Advertisements

ya I would try
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2014, 02:07 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,345,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by locust225 View Post
I'm in my late 20's and last semester of college and I had never dated. I always been afraid to try to date because I'm currently at this moment a full-time student and not working and living with one parent. I have worked but since I had transferred to a University I have to take full load of classes because certain times they offer the courses I need. But soon this semester is over I look for work, probably in IT again since that my previous work experience. I'm wondering if I should try other college students instead of college graduates and other non college women.

By the way I never dated and I would like to feel that excitement being with someone.
Why wouldn't a woman date a guy who is in College?

Old 03-31-2014, 02:12 PM

22,284 posts, read 21,722,713 times
Late 20s and last semester in college...

Sounds like you are just not in the same demographic as the women you are around (17-21).

Probably best that you wait until after graduation.

And please stop thinking in terms of "getting women." That is a huge turnoff and indicates you are not ready for a mature, mutually satisfying relationship.

Old 03-31-2014, 02:46 PM

1,209 posts, read 1,814,128 times
From what I've heard from some people who graduated undergrad at the same time I did, there is a huge jump in the "level of difficulty" of going on dates and hooking up immediately after graduation. When you are no longer in college, you are expected to be raking in tons of money, having an attractive job, etc.

Of course you could always still go to places college aged woman go and date with them.

Old 04-05-2014, 01:50 PM

119 posts, read 106,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighty_Pelican View Post
From what I've heard from some people who graduated undergrad at the same time I did, there is a huge jump in the "level of difficulty" of going on dates and hooking up immediately after graduation. When you are no longer in college, you are expected to be raking in tons of money, having an attractive job, etc.

Of course you could always still go to places college aged woman go and date with them.
Just like how women don't like men using them for sex and avoid them. I would sure avoid any woman who wants a guy that make a ton of money. I feel money is not about having a happy life. I see rich people still kill themselves because they not happy. Any woman who go for a guy for his money then she is "gold digger" and will be avoided.

Old 04-05-2014, 01:58 PM

119 posts, read 106,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
Late 20s and last semester in college...

Sounds like you are just not in the same demographic as the women you are around (17-21).

Probably best that you wait until after graduation.

And please stop thinking in terms of "getting women." That is a huge turnoff and indicates you are not ready for a mature, mutually satisfying relationship.

Back in the day that was the age range but lot of students are ranged now from 20 to 31. I know several who are about a year to 3 years younger than me and some older than me. long ago college was cheap and most students pretty much did not have to work unlike today and when you work it takes longer to finish since you cannot go full time. You could go full time but your body will be beat, hardly any sleep and could not focus in class very well. I met this Asian lady last semester because she was in my group for a project and I thought she was 21 but she told me she was 28 which is older than me and I know someone else who is 28. Seeing people around my age is not uncommon these days, its much different than it was in the 80's. Sometime students take a year off from school then come back to finish. I'm a STEM major (Science Technology Engineering Mathematics) and I'm in the science area.

Old 04-05-2014, 02:10 PM

22,284 posts, read 21,722,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by locust225 View Post
Back in the day that was the age range but lot of students are ranged now from 20 to 31. I know several who are about a year to 3 years younger than me and some older than me. long ago college was cheap and most students pretty much did not have to work unlike today and when you work it takes longer to finish since you cannot go full time. You could go full time but your body will be beat, hardly any sleep and could not focus in class very well. I met this Asian lady last semester because she was in my group for a project and I thought she was 21 but she told me she was 28 which is older than me and I know someone else who is 28. Seeing people around my age is not uncommon these days, its much different than it was in the 80's. Sometime students take a year off from school then come back to finish. I'm a STEM major (Science Technology Engineering Mathematics) and I'm in the science area.
I know what STEM is. I don't know why you felt you needed to explain all that other stuff either, it seems sort of...obvious and also irrelevant to the issue at hand.

Are you also autistic? Is that why you don't understand how normal people get into relationships and that you feel you must research natural human interaction as though it was a science project?

Cognitive behavioural therapy can help you learn how to act appropriately in social situations. I recommend it as a first step WAY before you start thinking about asking a woman out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships